[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>m-m-muh Sokal papers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: STEMFAGS BTFO.png (98KB, 1249x840px) Image search: [Google]
STEMFAGS BTFO.png
98KB, 1249x840px
>m-m-muh Sokal papers
>>
Abstract
Atomic Physics and I shall not have the same problem with a separate section for a very long long way. Nuclear weapons will not have to come out the same day after a long time of the year he added the two sides will have the two leaders to take the same way to bring up to their long ways of the same as they will have been a good place for a
good time at home the united front and she is a great place for a good time. The atoms of a better universe will have the right for the
same as you are the way we shall have to be a great place for a great time to enjoy the day you are a wonderful person to your
great time to take the fun and take a great time and enjoy the great day you will be a wonderful time for your parents and kids. Molecular diagnostics will have been available for the rest by a single day and a
good day to the rest have a wonderful time and aggravation for the rest day at home time for the two of us will have a great place for the rest to be great for you tomorrow and tomorrow after all and I am a very happy boy to the great day and I hope he is wonderful.
Nevertheless I have to go back home to nuclear power to the united way she is to be the first woman united to work on their own and the rest will be the same way as she will have to come back to work and we are still not the way we shall have the united side and we are not the same way she is the way she said the same as she was a good time. Physics are great but the way it does it makes you want a good book and I will pick it to the same time I am just a little more than I can play for later and then it is very very good for a good game.
Nuclear energy is not a nuclear nuclear power to the nuclear nuclear program
he added and the nuclear nuclear program is a good united state of the nuclear nuclear power program and the united way nuclear nuclear program nuclear. Scientist and I have been very good to me today I hope I have to work on tomorrow after work today so far but I'm still going for tomorrow night at work today but I'm not going home said I
am a good friend and a great time for the rest I have been doing.
Physics are great but the same as you have been able and the same way to get the rest to your parents. Atoms for a play of the same as you can do with a great time to take the rest to your parents or you will be nucleus a great time for a great place. Power is not a great place for a good time.
>>
Gib PDF pl0x
>>
File: Go.jpg (8KB, 174x252px) Image search: [Google]
Go.jpg
8KB, 174x252px
That's noting soon there will be a president of memes, the gulf war still isn't happening in live stream, evolution debates WILL be televised and Dylan will dance about architecture. And truly this was a postmodern era quoth raven
>>
>>8654629
Academia is a joke
>>
While I despise academia this was pretty obviously a for-profit forum and not a SERIOUS event, pretty much the self-publishers of the academic world.

It's not like any trusted papers cited at the public went through these, right? Right?
>>
>>8654748
I used to work at a vanity publisher, google CV MD "Who's Who" file:pdf if you want a laugh. People will do anything to get resume fodder.
>>
>>8654799
Whenever I see under-the-radar scams like this, or the star registry or magazine classifieds, I wonder why I'm trying to make honest money.
>>
>>8654799
Apart from very few researchers have to resort to a vanity publisher, even the most niche fields have hundreds of journals begging for submissions.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_with_fraudulent_diplomas
>>
>>8654698
>>8654748

>on /lit/
>dislikes "academia"

the contradictions of capitalism will lead to its destruction
>>
>>8654838
>even the most niche fields have hundreds of journals begging for submissions
>>
>>8654847
>>
>>8654847
>academia
>anything do to with capitalism
>except taking money from it but all Marxist institutions do that
>>
>>8654847
>muh gatekeepers
>>
File: 453px-Mao_Zedong_portrait.jpg (70KB, 453x600px) Image search: [Google]
453px-Mao_Zedong_portrait.jpg
70KB, 453x600px
>>8654847
Academia is for the liberal bourgeois.
>>
>>8654851
There's over 30k Scientific Journals covered by SCImago alone.
>>
>>8654853
Is there any country that hasn't or doesn't claim its citizens to be anti-intellectual in the last couple of years? It's starting to become a meaningless fad word.
>>
>>8654885
>Knot Theory: 1
>Quantum Topology: 1
>Set Theory: 0
>Statistical Physics/Mechanics: 2
>Category Arts and Humanities: 3449
>>
Sokal BTFO
STEMfags BTFO
>>
>>8654847
one of the worst posts on lit atm
>>
>>8654847
Academia has very little to do with knowledge or learning anymore. STEMfags just see college as an assembly line for training more dullards like themselves, and the humanities are so up their own asshole with theory and post-modernist critique that only career academics get anything out of it.
>>
>>8654983
A daring critique of the educational estabilishment, if I may say so.
>>
>>8654983
Ha! you know nothing, career academics don't get anything out of humanities other than depression, stomach ulcers and debt.
>>
>>8655036
>career academics don't get anything out of humanities other than depression, stomach ulcers and debt.
They also get rational students to get out of humanities.
>>
>>8655039
Rational students usually transfer to mathematics from philosophy.
>>
>>8654983
Yeah... I'm gonna have to support this post also. I think the fuss about the 'paper' being accepted for a conference is nonsense. Almost anything can get accepted to many conferences; this is not news and shows why one has to be choosy about which conferences to attend. They get marketed to grad students as useful experience and "necessary" for professionalization and for networking. Nonsense. I mean, one bullshit paper getting accepted to a bullshit conference does not negate the humanities as a whole, but it shows that one needs to be critical and careful.
>>
The app has been on a few weeks and since it has no one it has been told that i was not supposed of an argument but i is not a meme of god but he refuses it is a meme that he refuses it to do so i and it was a different weight and was a different kind and a tragic death for eternity he is not an animal that he was like he is not an alien but a meme of a man
-
rate my lit that i did using the predictive on only hitting the middle option on my phone
>>
>>8655053
The app has been on a few weeks
and since it has
no one it has been told that i was not supposed
of an argument but i is not
a meme of god but he refuses
it is a meme that he refuses
it
to do so i and it
was a different weight and was a different kind and a tragic death for eternity
he is not an animal that he was like
he is not an alien but a meme of a man

Submit it yo.
>>
>>8655053
Not enough punctuation. Without Predicticator adding commas, stops and capitals it will never make a novel. Parentheses and hyphens seem de rigueur for academic works. Even line breaks and you could say it was e.e. cummings.
>>
>>8655068
Too left aligned. You must at least flirt with a little right or centrist alignment even if it is insincere.
>>
>>8655095
Text formatting for /lit/ when?
>>
>>8654629
Academia is corrupt and corruption begets carelessness. This applies across the board no matter how "hard" or "soft" a discipline is.
>>
>>8654983
Absolutely this. People need to realize that the times have changed even if none of society's machinery has caught up with any of those changes in any way.
>>
>>8655042
i'd assume its the other way around given mathematics being one big >muh rigor circlejerk
>>
>>8654835
My bosses each made a million a year.

All you need is

A. A pitch: Poetry.com is a great one, as is [Your City]'s Top [Something]
B. A script
C. As many phonelines as you can afford
D. A credit card processor (hardest part since any credit card company that allows the amount of chargebacks you are about to get are charging you tons on every swipe)
E. A spreadsheet program and some pirated publisher software
>>
>>8655513
>muh rigour circlejerk
As a Math major I can confirm but the thing is if it weren't that way all "non-applied" fields of Mathematics would fall apart at the seams. Just be glad the anal-retentive types are holed up in the campus Math building doing something more productive than they would otherwise.
>>
>>8654698
It has been for the last century desu
>>
>>8654629
academia btfo
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.