[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: overrated hack English playwrights nicknamed "The Bard"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Shakesqueer.png (603KB, 992x807px) Image search: [Google]
Shakesqueer.png
603KB, 992x807px
>>
>>8654038
I'll start: Christopher Marlowe.
>>
Bib dalon
>>
>Henry VI, Parts One, Two and Three

wow it's fucking nothing

give me a ring when it turns out some ethiopian nigress was the real author of macbeth and hamlet, then maybe I'll give a damn
>>
>>8654038
>officially the worst Shakespeare play was written with the help of another guy
>haha Shakespeare a hack lol

Anon, this is embarrassing.
>>
Publisher promotes their umpteenth recycling of centuries old product by slyly stating as fact something people have suspected for years.
>>
The article said Marlowe had a hand in SEVENTEEN PLAYS.

Holy cow, British literature btfo.
>>
>>8654038
He was a genius and a saint. worthless faggots are eager to destroy his legacy so they can make money and feel better about their inadequacy
>>
>>8654242
May be sooner than you think. A prominent ethnic studies professor at my college has bought into the conspiracy theory that the first president of the US was black and the history books are just covering it up. She is teaching that as fact, and somehow reconciling it with her belief that the US Constitution (and the second and fourth amendments in particular) were written to keep black Americans down. Look it up; people actually believe this shit.
>>
What if it was a team of writers and Shakespeare was just the head writer?
>>
Marlowe was killed by a cuck.
>>
>>8654380
So what does that make marlowe
>>
What you don't understand is Shakespeare is Francis Bacon.

Biggest identity fraud in history.
>>
>>8654383
A martyr?
>>
Where can I read this hack article disparaging the greatest writer in the history of English language?
>>
>>8654283
What.
>>
>>8654283
name and shame
>>
File: 2016-10-24_2351.png (260KB, 674x964px)
2016-10-24_2351.png
260KB, 674x964px
it would be equally possible then that marlowe's plays were co-authored by shakespeare
>>
Why do modern SJW's continue to try and profligate this myth that Shakespeare was not the preeminent genius of the English language? Why is their continued refusal to accept Shakespeare the most shameful display of classism in modern academics?

Why /lit/? Why?
>>
>>8654800
Why do modern idiots blame everything on SJW bogeywomen. People have been doubting the man from Stratford for ages. Look at all these tumblrtards.

https://doubtaboutwill.org/past_doubters
>>
>>8654826

>https://doubtaboutwill.org/past_doubters

Classists. All of them.
>>
>>8654038
>the Bard
more like the 'Tard, amirite?
>>
>>8654945
KEKSPEARE BTFO

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>8654929
Yes class was one of the main arguments against the son of a glover being a literary genius. Scholars now have a much better understanding of local grammar school curricula around Shakespeare's time and can see he probably had a pretty good education despite supposedly having "small Latin and less Greek".
>>
>>8654826
One of the "proofs" is Shakespeares messy signature?

WTF is this?
>>
>>8654951

>Yes class was one of the main arguments against the son of a glover being a literary genius. Scholars now have a much better understanding of local grammar school curricula around Shakespeare's time and can see he probably had a pretty good education despite supposedly having "small Latin and less Greek".

Yes, I know. I know of all the research into the subject. Doubters are, quite simply, classists. Further, you'll notice, that in all the denials and doubt they all beg for solid evidence that Shakespeare was NOT the author. The funny thing is, I, too, would love to see it if anyone can produce it. The fact is, they can't. The facts are, we have mountains of proof that he WAS the author. They just refuse to accept it out of, what I assume to be, jealousy, and their only justification is class. That's it.

Don't worry, someone will reply to this post trying to justify it. Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
>>8654979
I don't think /lit/ is in any state these days to do Oxfordian trolling.
>>
I remember an NPR or C-Span discussion with one of the people from the Folger a while back which posited that up to a third of his work was likely collaborative to some extent.
>>
>>8655002

I know. The discussion is long and interesting.
>>
>>8655027

A playwright being collaborative. Whoda think it?
>>
>>8654800
>saying one of the greatest English writers (also a white male) made notable contributions to a few of shakes plays is SJW

We live in an age were "Beethoven might have been a black woman" and you say this shit?
>>
Shakes is still great but Is there one old writer that lives up to his massive hype?
>>
>>8655660

Shakespeare.
>>
>>8654283
>prominent ethnic studies professor at my college
where, texas tech community college?

The constitution wasn't exactly written to protect black people lmao, that isn't even debatable; I doubt slaveowners would be too invested in including their actual slaves in this endeavor for ~universal male suffrage

why are you all so triggered by sjw bogeyman if they're so easily refuted, half of them are literally fifteen and the other half are just average thinkers who buy into ideology without practice because it's easier to conform to the broad identity than grant yourself exceptions
>>
File: IMG_1179.jpg (67KB, 1024x685px)
IMG_1179.jpg
67KB, 1024x685px
>>8654283
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.