[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /lit/ let's see if you live up to the hype

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Bear_With_Me.jpg (24KB, 300x352px) Image search: [Google]
Bear_With_Me.jpg
24KB, 300x352px
Having a hell of a time sourcing this scifi/fantasy/cyberpunk book with this terrible description. Think you guys can help me out?

Something a bit out of the ordinary, Im looking for a cyberpunk novel I read as a teenager in the 1993-95 days and I cant for the life of me remember the title. I can remember bits and pieces of the story and have been looking at blurbs left and right trying to work out if its maybe Gibson or Stephenson. So here goes and Im gonna cut my wrists if its one of the big obvious ones since I dont get a whole lot of time for reading these days lol
It starts with a girl bike messenger and a boy who goes to school, she sneaks up on him on an electric bike and turns on the engine noise to startle him, they chat and he goes to school. Now this in my mind was more of a utopian side of the story but while at school it described hallways of kids in VR kinda zombified making this interesting contrast.
Eventually school is out and he goes home which is described to be a smart home all automated, he hacks the liquor cabinet and erases the footage so his parents find out. Now somewhere along the line things go bad and he starts running with the help of his bike friend and they end up in a dark part of town trying to work things out.
I never did finish the book as I had to return it and want to go back and read it as I said I dont remember the title so any help would be greatly appreciated :)
>>
File: Rawr.jpg (21KB, 220x365px) Image search: [Google]
Rawr.jpg
21KB, 220x365px
>>
yea that's definitely not it.
>>
"Snow Crash"?
>>
>>8652679
Perhaps we have different definitions of "cyberpunk"??? It fits the pants that are your description quite nicely.
>>
I was thinking snow crash as well currently waiting on OP to respond to that inquiry. Until then I'm still looking, but thank you!
>>
>>8652688
Do you have a pdf of it? from what I read on the wiki it doesn't sound like a fit.
>>
>>8652650
cw: self-harm
>Im gonna cut my wrists
Please post cws for content of this sort in the future, OP, it would be appreciated. :) And if you do feel like self-harming, don't feel shy about talking to anybody at this https://www.7cups.com/self-harm/, or any other helpline :)
>>
>>8652700
My bad, it's a copy paste from the thread posted on Facebook. Trying to help buddy find the book he seeks. :P I doubt he actually means to injure himself.
>>
>>8652700
>>8652709

Lol lordy lord
>>
>>8652709
Alright it's ok, just next time :)
>>
At this point I'm almost convinced this guy is thinking of The Giver and just mixing some crap up with the movie because he's already made that connection without realizing it.
>>
File: 6303927._UY200_.jpg (10KB, 125x200px) Image search: [Google]
6303927._UY200_.jpg
10KB, 125x200px
Sounds like snow crash to me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.