[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>your age >your job >your /lit/ related ambition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 17

File: russianjumper.jpg (289KB, 800x656px) Image search: [Google]
russianjumper.jpg
289KB, 800x656px
>your age

>your job

>your /lit/ related ambition
>>
>>8652528
Teacher
I just want to read books
>>
student
want happiness money.... what >>8652531 said
>>
>27
>Researcher
>Finish Don Quixote, my Struggle and the Magical Labyrinth, plus finish my first novel, all withon the next year
>>
>>8652609
What do you research?

Has anyone accepted your novel for publication?
>>
NEET
NONE
>>
>23
>jobs are for plebs
>noam chomsky 2.0
>>
>>8652528
>22
>NEET
>Write poetry
>>
>22
>student
>none, i might just an hero after graduating desu
>>
Student
To loaf
>>
Student
Read... Read and read and read and read and read
>>
Mechanical engineer
Write a piece of epic poetry or really any poetry at all that doesn't come across as pretentious.
>>
Homeless person
Write a series of occult texts
>>
>>8652528
Production Assistant
Write and direct my own scripts
>>
>>8652528
>26
>CS
>Just complete something written and legible.
>>
>>8652840
Good luck sir.
>>
>>8652685
I feel the exact same
>>
>19

>Student

>I wanna write a novel one day, but i gotta read a lot more before i start.
>>
>18
>student
>to get SUCC
>>
>23
>STEM student
>Be a pro wrestler
>>
NEET
Write good song lyrics
>>
Editor
get short stories published
>>
File: IMG_0375.png (117KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0375.png
117KB, 640x1136px
>22
>Just quit finance career after month to work part time at used bookstore
>I want to become a rental landlord, make music, and read more. I hate 90% of people in the US and they deserve to live like cattle, I want to move to Europe, rural New England or South America some day.
>>
>>8653072
I'm reading Platform right now.

Where do you live?
>>
>>8653072
Okay Hemingway, maybe an hero after that or before.
>>
>23
>law student
>long term: publish more of my stories until I have enough to form a respectable collection.
>short term: finish this fucking pagan-christian short story that I have been working on for way too fucking long, is almost definitely un-publishable, and yet has been eating up my productivity like a black hole.
>>
>>8652528
>31
>sous chef
>i just want to finish a some stories and my sprawling comic novel about my ineffectual generation, the pop culture wasteland, and the ecological apocalypse (yes, it's shitty, but i have no intentions if getting it published or showing it or the stories to anybody anyway)

spending ~70 hours a week in the kitchen and the subsequent exhaustion really hinders getting any writing down
>>
File: IMG_1072.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1072.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>40
>elevator technician (liftkun)
>continue pushing new space opera books to market every 3 months through 2018, 1 and 2 are already out.

Btw, anybody else catch that new episode of The Walking Dead? It reminds me of The Goonies for some reason.
>>
>21

>Studying journalism

>Write some good shit, then eventually begin to write fiction
>>
>22
>linguistics and english language student
>finish/post a poembook, or do something. create.
>>

Some shit show

Get anything published.

>>8653154
I worked in a kitchen recently. It's impossible to do both. Too tired all the time.
>>

Warehouse labour

Study classic lit in university, but 2poor and shit grades. Was looking into joining the chair force so that they could enlist me in a /lit/ degree program but Idk if I could just pick my courses however I wanted, or if the RMC has a program that I would like. Will probably just an hero because I've been fantasizing about this since high school
>>
welfare
long term: write a couple of great novels
short term: get some of my better short stories published
>>
File: IMG_0373.jpg (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.jpg
55KB, 480x480px
>>8653091
I live in Northern MA right now with my parents lol. I probably won't move anywhere far away honestly, but I lived in Chile for 6 months and liked it.
J
U
S
T
>>
Warehouse Guy
Finish the Frank Herbert Dune series then pick up The Naked Communist again.
>>
>>8653508
where did u stay? [chilean here]
>>
>>8653529
Vina del mar
>>
>>8653590
nice. any plans on coming back?
>>
>19
>NEET
>finish all of Chesterton then kms
>>
Why are you still making this thread, OP?
>>
File: here he goes again.png (276KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
here he goes again.png
276KB, 540x540px
>22
>I make pizzas at Whole Foods
>to read a lot of books and eventually write my own. it'd be neat if I could make money off of them but I'm already a mega-Jew with my finances so I have nothing to worry about.
>>
File: fat fedora cape walking stick.jpg (124KB, 554x718px) Image search: [Google]
fat fedora cape walking stick.jpg
124KB, 554x718px
>>8653644
Is this really what you want to become?
>>
>>8652893
thank you for understanding this. a lot of young artsy people just shit out something terrible because they think their ideas are strong enough.
>>
>>8652528
>22
>Bartender/Reservist/Student
>Finish writing a few more books. Read a lot more.
I'm actually doing really well when it comes to my lit goals.
>>
>>8653677
people <30 have dunning–kruger re everything
>>
>>8653072
i was looking to get into finance when i gradueate (physics/math major). is it really that bad? What was your undergrad? Where did you work?

Just tell me anything you're willing to
>>
>24
>Navy
>Read more, write more, get published
>>
>25
>medical sales
>actually finish my novella on 19-th century Mormonism
>>
>23
>Math teacher
>Write poetry I wouldn't be embarrassed to share with other people.
>>
>20
>student, barista
>either enlist and travel, meet musical girl on duty, fall in love, struggle to find her after my tour ends or abandon all tethers and just stay where the wind stills, 'adopt' ten or so orphans who don't necessarily live with us but we offer home and comfort and structure all the same, i eventually publish a series of religious/political manifestos that garner a worldwide cult following and my wife and I travel, volunteering in public works, composing music and writing words, maybe rejoin an institution, perhaps pursue an educational route, eventually wife and I watch our children succeed and alter the paradigms (any, all), and disappear into the wilderness to either live in the beginning or to the end
>>
>>8653907
I hate you so much
>>
>>8652528
>28
>I work in the warehouse of a major electronics retailer
>I want to read
>>
IT support
write and publish metafictional novel and collected short stories
>>
consultant
write and direct a movie
>>
>>8653960
How is consulting? I've been thinking of switching from tech to consulting for various reasons. I am a data scientist if that makes any difference.
>>
>>8653960
why would you want to switch? it's probably easier than your job, less in demand, equally boring. depends what you're looking for. requires a degree of not-having-autism i don't see in many data scientists.
>>
>>8653983
>>8654016
in response to second one
>>
Student
Write comic books, maybe some YA fiction
>>
Training to become a sommelier, but may enlist.
Travel throughout the most dangerous places in the world and write a highly entertaining, poetic memoir of my experiences.
>>
Gardening
Write a bunch of stupid pop songs and read books
>>
Translator
Finish my fantasy world, write some horror stories, write a memoir/travel book on my travels in europe
>>
Student
Writing stories
>>
>>8654016
For one, I'm sick of all the nerds in tech. This ties in with my second point, that I want a more professional job, in a more serious industry. I don't like the 'tech culture' of everything being super laid back and so much frivolous expenses (eg: we have a barista come in for a day once a week). But most of all I want more interesting problems. Problems that are more mathand less coding.

Consulting is attractive because you get a variety of experience working with different companies in different industries. Therefore, when you decide to move on, you have a better idea of where you want to work. Plus, most companies that hire a consulting firm have a lot of data. More data usually means cleaner, more well-handled data, and thus more time to focus on using mathematics to study it and less time doing basic shit.

I actually tried to get a job in consulting after my undergrad but barely got anywhere.
>>
>18
>Law Student
>To publish at least one novel at some stage in my life
>>
>>8652528
>21
>finishing undergraduate education, beginning medical school in August
>write a series of high-selling YA novels in between December and August to generate fat stacks of money I can use to avoid going into debt for medical school

Any ideas /lit/?
>>
File: 108.jpg (316KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
108.jpg
316KB, 1200x800px
>>8652528
>27
>test grader, TA, proofreader
>finish a lit PhD and teach lit, finish some translations and have them published, get an academic book or two published, try to keep a 2:1 conference:publication ratio, have a full-room library with a collection of art/items
>>
>>8654081
i hate the tech shit too. unfortunately, everyone everywhere is trying to mimic it. hopefully the meme dies soon. also, you might think you like or dont mind travelling for work, but i hate it. after about two trips the novelty wears off and you feel like an extreme wage slave. i stave off massive depression by writing in all my free time and hoping i wont have to do this my whole life or my dad will get rich enough i can just say fuck it. consulting might be good if youre ambitious, i completely skipped that part of life unfortunately and now do the absolute bare minimum with no satisfaction or buy-in.
>>
>>8652528
neet
suicide
>>
>>8654096
god that is a sad dream
>>
>>8654078
So nothing.
>>
File: hajime_namiki_Blue Tree.jpg (355KB, 1230x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hajime_namiki_Blue Tree.jpg
355KB, 1230x1000px
>>8654169
They're only the /lit/-related ones; I have others besides too. Things like building the house I designed, publishing a typeface, having a small farm of mini-animals, visiting a few certain illuminated manuscripts, etc. Plus family-related stuff.

Maybe not as ambitious as I could be, but they're comfortable and relatively attainable.
>>
>>8654088
>Step 1
Develop progeria
>Step 2
Bang a YA writer with daddy issues (see all)
>Step 3
Steal her work and kill her.

If you accomplish step 1, I will be impressed.
>>
>22
>Literary translator
>implying
>>
>>8654216
I'll do my best on step 1.
>>
>>8652528
Public Information Officer
Just to keep on reading, even if it is very slowly.
>>
Superintendent of construction
I just enjoy reading.
>>

CS student

Probably write some scifi in a HFY vein.
>>
>>8654198
what did you expect cunt that I want to write something that will rival crime and punishment?
>>
>>8652543

Software developer

I just want to write a fiction novel and see it in Barnes and Noble desu
>>
>>8654155
How are you a NEET at this age?

Tell me your secrets.

Fuck wagecucking tbqh
>>
>>8652910
Kek
>>
>>8652528
CS student (Regrettably)
Read more books, and to stop being a retard
>>
>>8654544
Not him but welfare/autismbux if you're in the right country.
>>
>>8654544
Work hard, don't spend money on shit and then coast for a year. I have a gf and pay rent and bills in a comfy flat and all I ever buy is food or books, or trip abroad to her parents in Cz Republic once or twice a year.

t. wagecuck
>>
>>8653799
>nothing
>>
File: Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk.jpg (390KB, 2228x1659px) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Matejko,_Stańczyk.jpg
390KB, 2228x1659px
Editor
Get a good literary agent for the book I recently finished. The last book I wrote got denied so many times I gave up on it and wrote this one. It's been finished for more than a year, and I still haven't sent one query letter.
>>

ski liftie (taking year off after college)

increase written and spoken word. debating skills. work on my film analysis. finish the short story i've been putting off all month and maybe write some more short stories.
>>
File: 1472645566766.jpg (83KB, 1500x940px) Image search: [Google]
1472645566766.jpg
83KB, 1500x940px
>>8654652
>How are you a NEET at this age
>by being a wagecuck
>>
>>8654724
>ski liftie (taking year off after college)
i wish i had done this
work the slopes in the winter, vagabond national parks through the summer, maybe have enough money to go out of the country somewhere.

i went straight through to grad school and now i dont think ill ever get a chance to take a year off without ruining my career
>>
>>8654715
Read 4 hour work week by Timothy ferriss

Well, you don't need to read the whole thing, but there's a great bit about how to read fast, how specfically to train yourself.
ie he talks about not starting at the beginning of a line nor getting to end, but using your periferal vision to subconsciously pick up the information.

I unfortunately have shitty vision so do all my reading by audiobook (which can be painfully slow depending on the reader), but it all seemed very sound and I suggest at least investigating his method
>>
>26
>mortician
>become a renaissance man
>>
>>8652528
student
currently: finish Robert Frost
In General: Fuck do I know
>>
>>8654764
>>mortician
I thought about going into that, but things didn't work out that way. How is it?
>>
>>8652528
Student
To write the next Great American Novel, become famous, and get to write a bunch of pet-project books. Maybe become a historian afterwards, whatever.
>>
>>8654884
>how is it?
The answer to that varies wildly from person to person.

Great hours, eh pay, left alone to work so can listen to whatever music or audiobooks you like all day, don't have to deal with families at all. It's really how you personally feel about the actual task itself that is the deciding factor.
>>
>>8652528
Late 20s

Librarian

To be published in a decent history journal
>>
>>8654935
that is /lit/ as fuck
>>
>>8654935
>don't have to deal with families at all
Fuck. Kinda wish I had gone into it.
>>
>>8652528
Food Worker
Be able to write decently and coherently. Also buy books
>>

Insurance

I just bought a dying/dead newspaper, I'm going to change its publication schedule, turn it into a magazine, and become the next Ben Franklin/Mark Twain. Or I become a laughing stock. Probably the latter. Wish me luck.
>>
>>8653760
>Don't know what dunning-kruger is
>read the wikipedia page
>realize i've been told that I'm extremely modest, and that I've been telling people how easy things I've accomplished are.
I guess I've experienced the opposite side if what you've been referring to. As to my own aspirations, I would like to write a novel. Right now I believe that I'm at the level of early Joyce, so I guess I'm on the right track. I stopped comparing myself to my peers a while ago when all I got was praise. My teacher always critized my essays, but most who read my fiction tend to give positive reviews, although they aren't very helpful. I don't want to be good, I don't want to be published, I just want to be respected in a community of /lit/ards like ourselves. Where else, though, can I find a group of well-read indivduals to give honest critique?
>>
>>8653072
You sound like a pompous asshole.
>>
>>8655346
Post a piece of writing on this board and say that you consider yourself at the level of early Joyce and you will not get positive reviews even if it's true
>>
>>8655414
Of all things in this world I do not claim to know...
>>
>>8654747
It's pretty chill so far. It's mostly a bunch of aussies looking to party, ski bums, and people just fucking around (like me). You mainly stand at the lift all day, helping kids on and greeting people. Although it can suck on cold days, and is pretty mindless in general, it's fun just shooting the shit with fellow employees and skiers. Oh, and you get a free ski pass for the year.
>>
>>8655346

Stick your cock in your mouth, fart, and kindly fuck your own face while inhaling deeply. You fucking faggot.
>>
>>8654334
I expected it, yes.
>>
>>8654334
Order and Reward or uh something and something else.
>>
>>8652528
stem student
learn russian
>>
>>8652528
>19
>Singer/Songwriter (shut up)
>Made a promise to dedicate my first book to my 3rd grade teacher
>>
>>8652528

>32
>Retail worker/Cashier monkey
>Finally finish writing a story

I completely one in high school. Since then, every story I've started has died off part way through. I've got one going right now that I'm feeling strongly about but I can't think of a decent title.
>>
>>8652528

I have one score and twain years of living.

My professional capacities limit themselves to the practical artistry of barista-hood, paid scholarly pursuits and, most importantly, crushing puss.

I want to write at least one novel and one non-fiction book by the time I die. I don't care if they're good, but I know considering the fact that I'll probably be famous and/or pronouncedly prominent in my given profession(s) that it will be sold and read anyway—all I care is that it inspires someone else, hopefully someone in whom the charge of genius finds current.
>>
>>8652528
>27
>NEET
>Publish my neosteampunk-metascifiphysical novels and live alone in the forest for the rest of my life.
>>
>22
>NEET
>to achieve Woolf-level prose and publish to mixed reviews by 24
>maybe do something /lit/ related when I go back to uni, idk
>>
Poet
To find a way to renovate poetry and become a literary beast.
>>
>>8654680
Not gonna make it with it in a drawer.
>>
>>8652528
>20
>student/part time NEET
>get one of my short storys published
and basically just read a shit load of books. ive got like 30+ in my backlog.

>>8655833
bob dylan a /lit/izen confirmed
>>
Day Trader/Online Entrepreneur
Know things.
>>
>>8654982
Do you have a librarianship degree?
>>
>>8655904
Okay Anon.
>>
>75
>Folk Singer
>Win Nobel Prize in lit
>>
>>8652528
>25
>Intern at brain research group
>Get some poetry and stories published which will allow me to indulge in my wanderlust and use that as a facade of "inspiration"
>>
>>8652528
Goatherd
fuck Thomas Pynchon
>>
>23
>student + consulting part time for an engineering company
>just read a fuck ton

I don't think I'll ever be able to produce much writing, but who knows :^)
>>
File: Rimbaud.png (430KB, 664x874px) Image search: [Google]
Rimbaud.png
430KB, 664x874px
>18
>student
>impress girls (and boys)
>>
>>8652528
>22
>accountant
>to know more about the world and people, and to impress ppl with my knowledge XDDD
>>
>>8652528
STUDent
Publish a collection of 25 finest sonnets
>>
>>8656987
reee etc.
>>
Student
Write poetry that is worth reading out loud, and most important, respected by my parents.
>>
>>8657300
I was going to put "win the respect of my parents" in mine, but I didn't want to sound too sappy. It might be the most important thing for me too, though.
>>
>>8652528
>18
>Student

My sole ambition in life is to write the most meme novel of all time, a worthy successor to the meme trilogy, that synthesizes every meme novel /lit/ has ever jerked off to into one mammoth maximalist masterpiece. No one will be able to read it except us.

Like you need to have read The Odyssey before Ulysses, and Ulysses before Gravity's Rainbow and Gravity's Rainbow before Infinite Jest, the reader will need familiarity with these four and every meme novel ever posted on /lit/, that means Stoner, Lolita, The Stranger, Collected Tweets of Tao Lin, The Greeks... everything.

Critics will pan it, if they even review it; it will have one star on Goodreads. But I'll be a /lit/ meme and then I can die happy.
>>
>19
>Wal-Mark Unloader
>Jerk off on Lolita herself
>>
Office clerk
read all relevant dostoevsky and Tolstoy books in russian
>>
Student
Write stuff for a living
>>
>>8654201
You'll never have enough land to build both your dream home and library.
>>
>>8657414

You need to reevaluate your life friend
>>
>>8657877
I do already have enough land to do it on (~140 acres, heavily forested)--it's just hard convincing my other half to live in the middle of nowhere instead living in the middle of the city.
>>
>>8656704
Yeah an MLIS.
>>
>your age

>your job
Teacher

>your /lit/ related ambition
To read more and write something I don't immediately throw away
>>
>>8655232
I wish you luck, anon.
>>
>>8652528

Not Employed

To attend grad school in philosophy, linguistics, or cognitive science and publish my dissertation, which will hopefully be on formal semantics.
>>
>>8658816
Oh, and it'd be nice if I could have some part in a student becoming a good writer.
>>
>>8652531
College studen
To start writing in fiction. Right know i'm stuck in poetry. I can´t get my narrative right
>>
>>8655717
what is your native language?

Maybe we can help each other
>>
>>8657414
i would enjoy this
>>
>>8652528

Student

Get my degree in painting and continue reading. Maybe one day I will begin writing, but that will come later.
>>

Work at a convenience store

For now I just want a gf desu.

>/lit/ related

Continue reading, maybe start writing, I often come up with half decent ideas while walking around town but I never actually get to it. Also, start slowly building my personal library.
>>
>>8658793
How old were you when you earned this?
>>
>>8655515
thanks anon not guy you replied to but i got a good laugh outta that
>>
Trainee clinical psychologist
Finish Crime and Punishment and, this is more /mu/ than/lit/, put something lyrics to some music I wrote
>>
Grad Student
Just to read and write for myself. I just want to finish school and get a perfunctory job that will support me and my dogs as I live out the rest of my 40 or so years. Maybe get a lady if I can stand to be around her for more than 2 weeks, which hasn't happened yet for me in the dating world
>>
>>8652528
gravedigger
write a holy book
>>
File: 1410818998953.jpg (78KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1410818998953.jpg
78KB, 645x773px
>tfw most people in here seem to have their lives together
>>
>>8660048
not really. I hate going on facebook because it's full of people I know getting married, traveling, skydiving, whatever. Meanwhile I'm in my late 20's, still in school, and close to 100k in debt. I have few friends left and I'm perpetually lonely. It's ok anon, you are among other underground men
>>
>>8652528
>26
>student/private tutor

i want to write a short book
>>
>>8660048
The fact people here are employed beyond a minimum wage level confuses me and makes me anxious about my own life. I am so unemployable and self-defeating that I simply go from minimum wage job to minimum wage job. I have no skills and barely any experience relevant in the modern economy. I am writing a novel yet I repeatedly lapse into despair and melancholy. My father and brother have disowned me. The last time I talked to my father he offered me money to change my surname. My mother wants the best for me and is encouraging me to return home because she knows I am too weak for this world. My sister works 60 hours a week and is 41 years old and is still holding out for a man to marry and have children with. I've spent the last week sleeping in my second-hand car and spending my days in a library while waiting to hear back about a job cleaning schools and offices. I am twenty-seven years old and despite being perceived to be the quiet but studious and promising kid in school I have remained the pathetic and obscure individual I have been since puberty. Recently I passed a girl I dated when I was 12 and who I loved for years after and often dream about to this day, and she smiled at me with her lips pursed and was obviously in a rush somewhere, probably to meet her boyfriend who I know is a trained carpenter who has just started working for himself. I am not religious at all though I have taken to begging God to please aid me in my struggles and to provide company in my fetid isolation. The future promises only to deliver further punishment and humiliation for my broken mind and my distorted perspective. I will never be loved. i will never be respected. Nobody will ever desire that I was their friend or lover.
>>
>>8652528
student
actually have the time and rest to read and understand things I want to read and understand
>>
>>8660093
How are so many people here students at 25+?

Are you all doing PhD's or something?

In my country people graduate at 21 and are making $36k by the time they turn 25.
>>
>>8660095
yea, doctorate in pharmaceutics
>>
>>8660190
Enjoy shilling over-priced medicine for the jews retard
>>
>>8660285
Um, ok? As long as I'm making my 120k a year idgaf about the jews or whatever
>>
>21

>student (geology and physics)

>read a bunch, maybe write a little
>>
>19
>Freelance Writing/Student
>I want to focus on literature and linguistic studies, but I need enough money to support my type one diebetes, sucks t b h.
>>
>>8652626
Law

It's not finished, so I didn't try to get it published yet. My deadline is March 2017.
>>
>>8660287
Are you really this much of a merchant?
>>
>>8660367
What type of law do you research?

Are you working full-time?

What's the book about?
>>
>>8652528
Student
Kill Myself
>>
>>8652910
major/dream
>>
>age
>job
student, math/education major
>ambition
I just want to read and teach
Also a gf
>>
>>8660390
Law of the jungle.
>>
Soldier
Write good poems
>>
Warrant Officer in the US Army
I'm already achieving my ambition by writing tons of articles and essays for professional military journals about the Targeting Process used in Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>

data engineer @ facebook

continue reading & writing casually, maybe even get a masters in lit or switch careers at some point
>>
>24
>assistant-script writer (movies and television)
>Published, read 10,000 books
>>
Any other NEETS here?
>>
>>8660388
yeah I guess, I hung up my Red Army beret years ago. It's cute that you still wear yours with pride
>>
>30

>None

>Author
>>
>>8655232
If you need fodder for publication, I have a decent stockpile of essays/articles of social criticism that you can have for free as long as you keep my name on them. I've been daydreaming for years about putting out cultural critiques in some sort of print publication, but always figured it was a pipe dream.

I'm also desperate, so I'd more than happily cater the language of the pieces to whatever you're going for, academic or more accessible. Let me know if you're interested, I'll send you something so you can see if you like it. Made a temp email: [email protected]

Even if not, glhf and godspeed
>>
>>8655904
One of those aspirations is entirely possible if you're not worried about longevity
>>
>>8661533
Why don't you get a fucking job and stop living off mommy and daddy's hard work
>>
>>8652528
Job
>University Dropout
/lit/ related ambition
>Write an actually decent lesbian romance novel

Suicide seems better than homelessness so I might end it soon.
>>
File: Shelley Duvall_yellow.jpg (118KB, 1077x537px) Image search: [Google]
Shelley Duvall_yellow.jpg
118KB, 1077x537px
Assistant manager at a pool club that just shut down for the season, so I guess I'm just a grad student now.
Teach. I'd like to pick up my speed and retention as well.
>>
File: 20161026_114655.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161026_114655.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>24
>tugboat deckhand
I find it hard to diffentiate /lit/ goals from general goals, but I'll say
>to reach a satisfactory understanding of basic world history, to deepen my appreciation of art, to actually begin making meaningful art, and to become a happier, more confident, and more active
>>
>>8662962
person
>>
>>8660092
>you're still alive
>I like your prose
Sincere best wishes, anon
>>
File: 1476730802440.jpg (642KB, 2138x2148px) Image search: [Google]
1476730802440.jpg
642KB, 2138x2148px
Antique clock repair
Live innawoods, read books, watch the world burn
>>
>>8662824
Tell that to all the famous NEET writers who lived with their parents.
>>
>>8653000
And win a Nobel, perhaps?
>>
>>8653708
>a few more books
How many have you already written?
>>
>>8654229
>translation
Languages?
>>
>>8654631
>regrettably
You have a (better) chance at finding a job after you graduate

t. lit student
>>
>20
>Grocery store worker drone
>Write books, get rich, live in disgusting, hedonistic opulence forever
>>
>>8655232
May the odds be ever in your favour
>>
>>8655350
I find him relatable desu
>>
retail/office shit
permanent revolution or writing the new Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists
>>
>>8663178
Did you get any formal training for this job?
>>
>>8652685
this tbqh senpai
>>
>>8661494
Can you link a few? Also, what is your trade?
>>
>>8662824
>not letting mummy be your patron while you create grand works of art
>>
>>8664475
I'm resourceful enough to have employment and work on my art.
>>
>>8664483
lol good luck with that casual. There's a reason Vincent Van Gogh begged his brother for money and refused to get a job. Genius cannot blossom when you're spending half your day distracted.
>>
>>8664620
If you're incapable of doing it with some distraction then you don't possess genius.
>>
>>8664628
Again, the fact remains that the vast majority of great and even good artists, in any discipline, did not work full-time and rarely worked part-time while completing their works. The facts support my statement. But keep slaving away hoping your shitty novel finds an audience retarded normie.
>>
>>8664638
Keep telling yourself that you lazy moocher.
>>
>>8652528
>19
>student
>publish one book during my lifetime and have lyrics set to music.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.