[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malcolm Gladwell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 700.hq_.jpg (86KB, 1400x1060px) Image search: [Google]
700.hq_.jpg
86KB, 1400x1060px
Thoughts on this guy?
>>
Terrible hairstyle.
>>
Loved him in High school Musical
>>
>>8651419
i only know him by reputation and a short talk he did about how goliath was actually a handi-capable gentle giant and david used unfair space-age technology.

i bet he has the hair because it helps his le eccentric genius persona.
>>
>>8651419
Close to being the worst person alive
>>
>>8651419
Mixed race people are so beautiful
>>
he makes fat stacks
>>
>>8651419
his podcast is pretty ok, thats about all I know of him
>>
>>8651419
he's aggressively middle brow.
>>
>>8651419
I actually really like what I've read of him.
>>
File: 3138592.jpg (52KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
3138592.jpg
52KB, 280x280px
his solo stuff is great
>>
He wrote The Tipping Point about social trends. Interesting to read from a marketing perspective. Discusses disease cycles, crime waves, and fashion among other topics. It was decent.
>>
>>8652384
I stopped reading it and never finished it to be honest.
>>
>>8652384
You're a loser
>>
>>8652384
I wrote an essay trashing that book and got an A. Good teacher.
>>
Like his podcast a decent amount, didn't know he was an author too.
>>
He's the human equivalent of a TED Talk.
>>
>>8651419

Ass
>>
>>8652926
this
>>
He's a fucking retard.
>>
so middlebrow that it hurts. What low-rent Steven Pinker
>>
All these middlebrowers so full of self loathing.
>>
I find his theories interesting but his conclusions are terrible.
The tipping point was interesting on how random and yet not random trends start and then at the end he just tries to bullshit by giving a way to stop people from smoking and it's stupid. The end point ends up basically being that shit happens at random so who the fucks knows, aimright?

In Outlier, he explains that there are no such thing as natural geniuses, there are only people who spend 10k hours doing what they like to become experts. IQ does not matter, it's essentially just circomstances, correct periods of time and ideal financial situation that gives birth to successful people. He gives pretty good examples like Mozart and Bobby Fisher and then shows an example of an orphanage that only accepted smart children and none of them became successful. But then bullshits out of nowhere and talks about that genius faggot Christopher Langan who's basically well known for pretending to be smart like that guy from the movie Good Will Hunting and had an argument about his teacher on Calculus. He went on that gameshow 1v100 and the book makes it seem like he's this genius, correctly answering without even needing to think, then got 250k, thought a bit, then left. And now he's making essays on Noam Chomsky (WOW, SUCH AN INTELLECTUAL!).
Though what really annoyed me was this annecdote from a tenis expert who could immediate call when a ball would hit the net twice during a swing. Appremtly that's rare and he couldn't understand how he could tell, and the book never goes back to that issue. It mentions it and then never brings it up again.
The only thing I remember about Outlier is that Pepsi only tastes sweeter from the first sip compared to Coke. And that people don't know what they like until you study why they don't know what they like.

Haven't read what the dog saw even though I have the book.
--

Overall, he has some interesting point but it's not worth reading his books.
>>
>>8652507
What was the essay about?
>>
>>8653664
Literally never realised they were separate people until now.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.