[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: TWPoet.jpg (41KB, 570x484px) Image search: [Google]
TWPoet.jpg
41KB, 570x484px
What was the last thing you have written, what was it called, and why?
>>
I'll start. A poem about the faults of hedonism, because I was bored out of my mind at a concert.
>>
>>8651165
yikes! were your friends fucked up?
>>
>>8651179
Classical concert, that my cousin was performing in, so no. I wish I was though.
>>
>>8651165
Can I see it please?

>Novel based on gnosticism
>working title Abraxas and the Rabbit
>>
>>8651159

I wrote a semi-occult semi-joke book called Book of Sanctimony in partial conjunction with my daemon. It's called Book of Sanctimony because it's all about sanctimony in various respects. It encapsulates my anger towards the hypocrisy of the world as well as the give and take relationship between myself and my daemon. It's made up mostly of poorly written aphorisms, though there are a few good ones in there (some written by my daemon), and then there's weird stuff like where I had her review video games, or where she made me try to draw stuff.
>>
>>8651196
Hi there Pullman.
>>
>>8651201

I would use the term Holy Guardian Angel but then I'd have a whole bunch of idiots saying "muh abramelin"
>>
>>8651186
ah, i certainly had something else in mind when i read your post.

Anyway, I wrote an essay on Feldman's desert-adjusted, utilitarian solution to the Repugnant Conclusion. It was a horrible paper, and I hope I never get it back.

Before that I wrote a great paper on Phenomenology in To The Lighthouse. It was wonderful.

Before THAT I wrote a paper on Walter Benjamin and Baudelaire. It was eh.
>>
Who Needs Love When I Have Autism by Anon
>>
>>8651188
Sure thing,
*Clears throat*

When life gets hard, and life gets tough
No pleasure is ever enough;
For when we die, and die we will,
our pleasures all amount to nil.
Pity.
>>
>>8651212
Just one paper after another; I know the feeling.
>>
Visions of William Fontaine dela Tour Dauterive
its a poem about the vines in georgia, might be my best piece.
>>
>>8651231
I like it. The second line is a bit wonky in terms of structure though.
>>
>>8651262
Go on then.
>>
File: visions.png (61KB, 578x831px) Image search: [Google]
visions.png
61KB, 578x831px
>>8651305
>>
>>8651312
Interesting choice of indentation.
>>
>>8651351
thanks i guess
>>
>>8651188
hows that going? sounds cool
>>
story about cavemen

main comedy elements:
1. cavemen don't have a sense of self yet, so they say "one" instead of I

2. even though it's the olden days, etiquette is extremely important (I've noticed that it's actually more primitive societies that are the most restrictive and I find that pretty funny)
>>
>>8651590
Have you read the Inheritors? it's like the only caveman story i've heard about (that was written by an important author)
>>
>>8651312

I think parts of it are genius.

Okay, I'll give you an honest opinion that's utterly meaningless.

The way you wrapped the words, the repetition and broken words drew my eye around brilliantly. The poem becomes a physical, spatial image, in a way, that you move with. It's wonderful. There's a lyric to it at parts that I also particularly enjoyed. I was caught off guard by the parentheticals at first, but they grew on me.

I have personal issues with it. I think that the "classical" style is outdated and sometimes it takes me out of place. I've never liked oldstyle britsh poetry, Longfellows, and Byrons, etc. I started reading Kipling recently and kinda like it, but that's a digression. I think you achieve it believably, but at times I felt it was over-wrought and pretentious.

That being said, this is /lit/, and I've limited knowledge of literature from a scholastic standpoint, and I've only recently started into reading poetry because I wanted to understand it better. I'm getting that it's a method of using the language in a looser, more symbolic way (even more than language generally is), a method of experimentation, generally. I'm getting into it now. And I think your work hits at the heart of that. I'm saving this.

Keep it up.
>>
>>8651702
Glad you liked (most?) of it. If there are any particulars you especially disliked, I'm always looking to improve (i feel like i'm on the cusp of publishable with larger magazines)
>>
A lovcraftian story about a man on a planet made entirely of water
>>
>>8651165
There's something really depressing about being bored at a concert, especially if it was one you were excited for.
>>
>>8651753
That sounds interesting, m8
>>
>>8651582
Thanks anon. It's not going so well, I've had ridiculous writers' block for the last few months. But it'll get there.

>the basic plot is that the main character is Abraxas but he and the reader don't know it
>>
>>8651159
>What was the last thing you have written, what was it called, and why?
My diary desu, I call it my diary because I am the only one who's writing it.
>>
>>8652547
That's the name of a the wizardhero who made the Necropolis in the necropolis game.

I'm writing a fantasy fable epic about dwarves right now. I'm trying to use alliteration and consonance as much as possible, I want the whole thing to read kind of like a poem or song but still be rather simple. I'm just letting the world develop itself in my head as it goes, so far I have a returning king giving a speech and him committing a genocide and everyone drinking to to it because they don't give a shit. I intend for the dwarves to be really dwarvy.
>>
>>8652556
I didn't know about that but Abraxas is the "new" god in Gnosticism, who will one day destroy this universe and create a new one uniting all opposites into one.

That sounds cool though. I love dwarves. But I've always wanted to read something more serious about them.
>>
>>8652561
Guess that's where the game dev got the name. Game was really fun, there were these little snippets on the walls that were a little funny and interesting to read while you explored. Very dark souls like gameplay, down to the animations, not nearly as unforgiving and hard though and no real bosses.

I can't write serious. When I get serious I get dramatic, I don't think in any of my works I ever got a serious character onscreen, just characters who are very straight and narrow types who hate people who take themselves lightly to play off the lighter types.
>>
File: 1476272549947.png (2MB, 2083x1868px) Image search: [Google]
1476272549947.png
2MB, 2083x1868px
>>8652556
Sounds neat, why dorfs tho?
I'm writing a novel in the style of a knightly romance myself, about a knight errant and his sexy sword waifu doing good in the wake of the fedora empire's war on the gods. Pic related is /tg/'s visualisation.
>>
>>8652566
>dark souls

You've got my attention.

So your story is more of a humorous one or?
>>
>>8652570
Cause I like dwarves. I didn't write the story at first because I wanted a story, I wanted dwarves. I call them something different for the sake of the story but they are dwarven unmistakably.
I had an idea similar to your but I'm not into romance, it was going to be a swordswoman doing swordswoman things and just traveling being OP and shit. I had the same idea with a armor guy who just runs around doing the same, focusing on him always wearing armor. More of a wish fulfillment comfy type story than anything.
>>8652574
You get taunted by a floating pyramid guy voice over who runs the place, not much a story just you going down the levels. Windwaker art style. I almost beat it but there's perma-death and like eight levels so I got sick of the game before finishing. That too me like 50 deaths and probably 40 hours gametime to do.
>>
>>8652574
>So your story is more of a humorous one or?
I thought you were asking about the game, my bad, just noticed. No, the story is going to go wherever it goes. Bad shit will probably happen, but that's just the nature of the world I've made. It's more about the atmosphere and characters right now, following a brodwarf drinking couple after the kings speech and one dwarf is excited because it could mean a change in his life.
>>
Kaffeenacht;

It's about a dude whose software company is being bought-out whilst he's in a remote area, on the other side of world. Amid this corporate coup d'état, he has to fight to remain on the company board, balancing the concerns of the family he's visiting, while flying home last-minute. It's him messaging, emailing and video-chatting for dear life as he navigates various airports and customs processes, set in the Greenlandic tundra, Munich, and Melbourne. Also he's gay.
>>
>>8652614
The name is too perfect. Is it in german?
>>
>>8652618
No, but there are sections of dialogue in German.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.