[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normie women connect to her stories and characters so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
Why do normie women connect to her stories and characters so much? Aren't they missing the point that she is satirizing these characters. Normies read it by being stand-ins for them.
>>
Woolf was the better writer anyway
>>
Jane Austen's characters are very well-developed and have the moral complexity of real people, so normies relate to them. This makes her a great writer, but it also makes her pleb bait.

Patrician writers recognize her for her innovations in the fields of writing, like the development of colored narration and free indirect discourse.
>>
She isn't satirizing the main characters; it's everyone around them who are silly.
>>
>>8651160
/thread
>>
The vast majority of readers' level of understanding or the level they read into things is only to the point that they "understand" what is written because they understand the language that they are reading. No different to listening to the news and knowing events that have happened but not understanding why they happened or thinking about how those events will affect things in the future. Reading is a mindless activity for them.
>>
Most 'normies' realise that they have faults and could be just as easily satirised. It's the conceited, anti-normies, the people who actually believe they are patrician, who would curl up and die of shame or maximum cringe from a little light mocking.
>>
>>8651173
This guy proves my point >>8651184 so well.
>>
>>8651151
Why do most women writers make boring shit like this? Who the fuck cares about this bullshit romantic drama where nothing interesting happens beyond worrying about "does X suitor truly love me?"?
>>
>>8651151
Her stories are still charming and her heroines still find happiness, why wouldn't people enjoy them you sperg
>>
>>8651193
You've never read anything by Jane Austen
>>
>>8651151
Also

>School of Life screencap

Has /lit/ descended this far?
>>
>>8651193
It serves a biological function for them, replacing the female need for gossip.
>>
>>8651200
I read pride and prejudice. I exaggerate but it was fucking dull. It's not that she's a bad writer, but neither her subject matter nor her style are my cup of tea so it falls flat. Most books by women revolve around equally meaningless events.
>>
>>8651190
It's funny you should say that because as I was writing my post, I thought that it could apply perfectly to myself. I also disagree with your point that "normies" are so open to satirisation.
>>
>go on date
>What's your favorite book?
>Omg anon I love to read and I have so many potential choices but pride and prejudice had to be my favorite
>Hey yeah I like that book too. Very funny book actually
>Gives me a wtf look

She didn't know that p&p was supposed to be funny.

>Tfw I'm dating her now

Pussy power
>>
>>8651291
When men read books they take in the whole experience. It's the same for any media form actually. But women only enjoy media for feminine interests, primarily romance or a male to fantasize being in a romance with. It's why when women go to superhero movies they only care about the hot male actors.
>>
>>8651443
>It's why when women go to superhero movies they only care about the hot male actors.
Why would anyone go to a capeshit movie for any other reason?
>>
>>8651211
>but neither her subject matter nor her style are my cup of tea so it falls flat

Haven't we found the answer to your question then? I don't care for Tolstoy but I wouldn't knock him because of that.
>>
>>8651454
>tfw there are women on this very board
>>
>>8651151
I kind of enjoyed Pride and Prejudice. It was pretty comfortable and pleasant, but there was nothing special about it.
When I tried to read some of her other books- viz. Sense & Sensibility and Persuasion- I ended up dropping them halfway through. They just weren't interesting.
I don't know. She's not a bad writer but what she writes is just generally uninteresting to me. One was enough to get the point, if there was one.
>>
>>8651151
>satire
>400 pages of garbage

Her life is the true satire.
>>
File: 1462687754928.gif (1MB, 321x350px) Image search: [Google]
1462687754928.gif
1MB, 321x350px
Would you guys consider the Brontë sisters "pleb bait"?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.