[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jung

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: feelsgoodman.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
Hi /lit/, first time poster here; I recently made the decision to stop going to /v/ and /tv/ and start reading again.

I've acquired all of the work/books by Jung and I was wondering if I should read them all in the year they were released or if some should be skipped (for whatever reasons).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
>>
He's not a new age charlatan for one.
>>
This quote sure applies to gamblers
>>
>success

The funniest meme of all, normalitos are SPOOKED
>>
File: Alamut.jpg (64KB, 400x621px) Image search: [Google]
Alamut.jpg
64KB, 400x621px
>>8650527
>>8650530

I had no /lit/ pictures to post, sorry.

So do I read all of his works in chronological order or just his well known works?

Not obsessed, just find Jung interesting.
>>
>>8650564
read man and his symbols then maybe archetypes of the collective unconscious to start out

memories dreams and reflections to understand his life
>>
>>8650580

How about The Red Book?

They didn't want to publish that but I curious as to why.
>>
>>8650580

Also, thanks senpai.
>>
>>8650591
i have the reader's edition, it's great but jung never wanted it to be published during his lifetime

it's sort of like a dream journal, you should read it after you have a better grasp on his ideas and life. it's great though
>>
>>8650512
don't. jung is a weird moron.
read something where you actually learn something.
going by your pic you might be hopeless though.
>>
>>8650512
yeah yeah yeah. listen. here's a real tip for reading: don't force yourself to some strange plan akin to reading everything Jung has ever written. If you really want to start to start reading again, just read whatever strikes you. It's okay to fail. If you get bored, you get bored. Read something else.
>>
>>8650512
I say read his works in chronological order. You might want to watch Jordan Peterson's lectures on him to make him more understandable. (youtube it) Jung is really hard to understand.

>>8650580
This is the common recommendation but those aren't his best works, just the most accessible ones that the normies read.
>>
>>8652061

>don't. jung is a weird moron.

young posters are the worst.
>>
>>8652080
i've read jung and i'm calling him what he is.
you probably think he's a genius right now. if things go well for you you'll realize he was a complete fraud in psychology (which in itself is already a gigantic fraud) and more of a fiction writer.
>>
File: girard.jpg (41KB, 468x700px) Image search: [Google]
girard.jpg
41KB, 468x700px
>>8652097

i know what i'm reading and i know why i'm reading it. thanks.

and i doubt you've given any real time to reading jung like that. you just precociously disregard vast tracks of genuine insight to inflate your nebbish little ego.
>>
>>8652108
congrats you can read.
please enlighten me on these "vast tracks of genuine insight".
>>
>>8652129

>please spoonfeed my lazy ass cliff notes

read or don't. but stop doing these backhanded pleas for education from others.
>>
>>8652160
so you can't find a single point which shows jung to have had ever done anything of actual worth and you want to pretend i'm asking for education of someone i've already read and know to be absolute garbage?
stay pathetic m8.
>>
>>8652183

>so you can't find a single point

lol of course i can. if you weren't such a sure-minded asshat i probably would've gone through further annotations in addition for you.

>and know to be absolute garbage?

you give a few moments of listless attention to some of jung's work and you move on. you will never bother reading edinger, von franz or neumann either i bet.
>>
>>8652207
are jung worshippers really that deluded to think that anyone who challenges their god is looking to be educated on it?
i'm going to take it that you have no points.
>>
>>8652215

"okay".
>>
>way ahead of everyone who isn't trying

This is so absurd he deserves a flogging.
>>
I like how Psychopaths are starting to tout "Buddhism" now that the antihuman nature of Individualism is all but realized.
>>
>>8650512
Start with man and his symbols, then modern man in search of a soul. Follow with dreams, archetypes, aion, mdr, and the red book.
>>
>>8652287
>also someone who read all of the above before coming to the conclusion I had wasted my time.
>>
>>8652293
What is aion about?
>>
>>8652097
>psychology is a fraud
>there's empirical evidence showing the contrary
>studying the human psych shouldn't be done so there's practical applications that consider the ethical problems of such understanding
I fucking hate purist pseuds. They're the worst kind of pseuds because they actually think they know something.
>>
>>8650512
Why Jung?
>>
>>8652228
I remember Zizek talking about this very problem. Something about how buddhism can be used to create perfect soldiers because once they've learned about the "vacuum" they no longer have second thoughts about killing or torturing someone.
>>
File: Mysterium Coniunctionis.jpg (8KB, 228x346px) Image search: [Google]
Mysterium Coniunctionis.jpg
8KB, 228x346px
Mysterium Coniunctionis
>>
>>8652414
That's rather contrary to most buddhist philosophy and religious texts, but I can see where he could be going with that since buddhism glorifies depersonalization.

Zizek has a lot of problems with people having fun or seeking peace in general, which is what makes him interesting but also make him a bit of an asshole. Some people just want to calm down and can't, they don't want to be 'interesting' like Zizek professes.
>>
>>8652414
>>8652422
It's from a Q&A show in Australia, and he was talking about Brian Victoria's book Zen at War, which is specifically talking about Zen Buddhism.

Zen Buddhism is vastly more martial than Theravada or the other derivatives of Buddhism.
>>
>>8652429
Yeah, I can see his point then. The japanese empire during WW2 was pretty much that personified, I heard stories of a woman throwing her baby off a cliff before jumping off herself.

That's more cultural and national values than Zen Buddhism itself, I'm sure that the book might argue otherwise but I doubt either the author or zizek would disagree that it was the nation at it was then and not Zen itself that was the issue.
>>
>>8652459
Of course, it was Zen Buddhism in combination with Japanese chauvinism and imperialism.

But one could make a sound argument that if Zen didn't have certain elements in it that made it conducive to imperialistic behavior, the moral justification for the imperialism might not have been as pronounced.
>>
>>8652477
>if Zen didn't have certain elements in it that made it conducive to imperialistic behavior
Which elements?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.