[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the Death Grips of literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: death grips.jpg (118KB, 1280x987px) Image search: [Google]
death grips.jpg
118KB, 1280x987px
This is an unironic post
Is there any literature that, for example, captures the feeling of extreme anxiety and overall madness as good as this tracks does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwSvL08isHo
>>
>>8649923
I have severe anxiety disorder and I can't listen to Death Grips for more than a minute at a time.
>>
video related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9LfstQDwus
>>
>>8649927
well some people just dont like certain things, is ok
>>
literature cant do the same things music does
>>
>>8649927
Anxiety disorders don't exist, you're just a lazy pussy
>>
>>8649923
William S Burroughs

Experimental in a dirty, lowlife way. Impossible to know how much of it is inspired in real life events.
>>
File: madman.jpg (119KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
119KB, 720x480px
>>8650089
he seems like a chill dude
>>
>>8649923
I would actually have to say House of Leaves (inb4 tons of meme arrows). The whole book is written in a way so as to induce paranoia in the reader. Tons of confusing footnotes, gibberish text written upside down or backwards, multiple layered stories with unreliable narrators so you can never really tell what is the truth. Eventually as the story of the people exploring the "bottomless pit" so to speak comes to culmination, the text starts swirling around the pages, trying to mimic the same level of insanity that the characters are feeling.
>>
>>8650148
Why did you expect tons of meme arrows?
>>
>>8650002
Probs this.
But I'm gonna have to read >>8650148 now.
>>
>>8650002
this is john greens redpilled brother
>>
>>8650148
I bought House of Leaves like 3 years ago and I've never gotten around to read it, but now I really feel like it.
>>
Death Grips is shit
>>
>>8650314
You are boring
>>
File: late.gif (488KB, 490x190px) Image search: [Google]
late.gif
488KB, 490x190px
>>8650314
>>
>>8650284
What?
>>
>>8649928
I put this video off for a long time because I expected it to be cringeworthy and pseudointellectual as fuck, but this is surprisingly good. I agree completely with what he said at the beginning about Death Grips' relation to the internet. A project like Death Grips is really only made possible because of the internet and I love them for making me aware of that.
>>
the crying of lot 49 was like this
>>
>>8651055
Yeah, they are a cool band, is sad that /mu/ memed the fuck out of them.
>>
File: Big Baud and Li'l Baud.jpg (19KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
Big Baud and Li'l Baud.jpg
19KB, 400x266px
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but these two basically invented the profane poet persona. Rimbaud pisses at God and Baudelaire fantasizes with being the demiurge of a completely sterile reality, you don't get more being-the-best-you-worship than that methinks.

>I'm now making myself as scummy as I can. Why? I want to be a poet, and I'm working at turning myself into a seer. You won't understand any of this, and I'm almost incapable of explaining it to you. The idea is to reach the unknown by the derangement of all the senses. It involves enormous suffering, but one must be strong and be a born poet. It's really not my fault.
>>
artificial death in the west is lit as fuck boys
>>
>>8649923
/mu/ crossposters please leave
>>
>>8650073
solid neuroscience there brah
>>
Langston Hughes or Maya Angelou. Folks like that. Maybe Ernest Gaines.
>>
File: IMG_6381.jpg (44KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6381.jpg
44KB, 400x400px
This is lit gold OP
>>
>>8649923
He's mellowed out since, but this is pretty much all one long dark slide into psychosis.
>>
cringe
>>
>>8652055
>no matter where i turn
>SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN
>everyone's a runaway
>WHERE YA RUNNIN NOW?
;(
>>
>>8652478
Stefan's lyrics on NLDW are amazing. It almost makes me regret that they went for total post-irony in their newer works. His lyrics are literally a parody of his earlier stuff now. But NLDW and NotM have amazing lyricism.
>>
>>8652508

>On GP
>post irony
>>
>>8651955
Me on the left
>>
>>8652508
jenny death had great lyrics
>>
>>8652532
Obviously not everything falls under that, On GP is an interesting song because it stands out precisely because it doesn't fall under that label. In general though the lyrics became a kind of self parody. It seems to me that their earlier work made people attach a certain aesthetic to Death Grips and as a reaction to that they pushed that aesthetic as far as possible to the point of self parody. It's basically why mu likes to write Death Grips songs or why they write fake tracklists for upcoming albums. Death Grips is very self aware and their work is pretty much a reaction to how they are perceived. That's what makes them interesting imo.
>>
>>8652581
Don't get me wrong, this is not supposed to be a value judgement, their lyrics are great, they just take on a new direction on their later music and I think that is interesting.
>>
>>8650002
One word. Bod Dylan
>>
>>8651955
Stefan should had got the Nobel desu
>>
>>8649923

I can't listen to these guys without laughing. Is the singer supposed to sound retarded?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.