[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Villains who did nothing wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: Headshot2 (1).jpg (547KB, 400x499px) Image search: [Google]
Headshot2 (1).jpg
547KB, 400x499px
ITT: Villains who did nothing wrong.
>>
>>8649833
I have only read a few articles on him. Why is he so reviled? Is it because he is a statist?
>>
Is Waking Up worth checking out, if only for comedy?
>guide to spirituality
Sounds like the tip of the fedora
>>
reminder that /r/badphilosophy sucks and that sam harris is

/ O U R
O
U
R

G U Y /
U
Y
/
>>
>tries to create a post-nihilistic western philosophy that is practical and ethical while defying the oriental hordes

ubermensch/10
>>
>>8649833
what about the time he justified blowing up Sudanese pharmaceutical workers because us poor and information deprived Americans didn't know for sure that they weren't terrorists?

>>8649871
He's one of those intellectuals who spends most of his time writing outside of his field of expertise and as such making himself look like a fucking idiot. I have no doubt that he is an intelligent person, he has a PhD in a non gender/ethnic studies related field. But when he tries to write about ethics, politics and philosophy he just looks very stupid. Even Chomsky in geriatric form (who is another one of those intellectuals, but obviously better at it since he's been doing it for 100 years) absolutely destroyed him. He looked like a pathetic ankle-biter in that "intellectual" exchange.
>>
File: islam.png (333KB, 729x1416px) Image search: [Google]
islam.png
333KB, 729x1416px
>>8649894
>what about the time he justified blowing up Sudanese pharmaceutical workers because us poor and information deprived Americans didn't know for sure that they weren't terrorists?
They were Muslims, statistically speaking they were terrorist sympathisers.

Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>8649894
He had to self-fund because he couldn't get scholarships. The only people who reference his pubs are people who shit on it because its so bad. he's not a scientist he's a loser
>>
File: Moderation Intensifies.jpg (58KB, 627x663px) Image search: [Google]
Moderation Intensifies.jpg
58KB, 627x663px
>>8649894
>>
>>8649901
Geez, I wonder why Muslims support random violent attacks on Western civilians. I bet it has nothing to do with our Orwellian terror bombings of their weddings and pharmaceutical factories followed by an "oopsie lol sorry about that, we supposedly have the most sophisticated intelligence apparatus in the history of mankind but we can't tell a terrorist training facility from a daycare ;^)"
>>
>>8649914
>these people don't have the same values as me therefore we should kill them >:( !!!

Yes, we shouldn't be letting them into our countries willy nilly but you can't seriously be showing me this chart because you think it makes an argument for randomly blowing them up, right?

Because that's precisely the same logic that Islamic terrorists would use in demanding attacks on the west. See how this forms a self reinforcing tragic cycle?
>>
>>8649917
There is nothing wrong with bombing a Muslim daycare. Islam is an inherently intolerant ideology so attempt to 'live and let live' with them is a futile endeavour.

The sensible approach is to wipe them out.
>>
>>8649926
The 'moderate' side of anon

anons: however many

women should be treated as trash: lots

Fascism should rule: less but still lots

Death for being Muslim: less still, still a good chunk

Death for being a burden on society: less, but still a good chunk

Kill all anons I guess.
>>
File: Moderate Islam Intensifies.png (435KB, 774x447px) Image search: [Google]
Moderate Islam Intensifies.png
435KB, 774x447px
>>8649924

You're right.

As >>8649926 said, our best bet is to simply wipe them out. As I'm no partisan when it comes to Israel/etc, I say we glass the whole Middle East.
>>
>>8649942
Except maybe like 1 or 2 anons in the history of 4chan have actually killed someone. And 99% of anons have never spoken to a woman yet alone mistreated one. Your comparison is stupid.
>>
>>8649926
>>8649946

I think you guys are aware enough to know a genocide will never happen. At worst it'll be Israeli style shooting on slightest offense.
>>
>>8649942
Stop it anon, you might force him to confront the fact that the right now engages in doublethink as badly as the left does.

Keep hating the Islamists while continuing to understand women as a form of property (individual property in Islam, collective property in rightwing shitposter meme circles) and advocating for the deaths of people who don't believe what you believe.
>>
>>8649942
What point are you trying to make?
>>
>>8649953
of course a lot more than that have both posted on 4chan and killed people, don't be an idiot.

The point is redpill/pol/b-tardatuib us are all examples of

>an inherently intolerant so attempt to 'live and let live' with them is a futile endeavour
>>
>>8649962
People have been practising genocide for as long as we've been around, I see no reason to stop here.

It's a great tactic.
>>
>>8649965
that having moral capacity puts an onus on you to use it, even if you're annoyed about it being difficult.
>>
>>8649946
This is a surprisingly common view among Americans. I'd be interested in a poll as to how many wish to see the middle east be a "glass factory" as they say.

Here's a question: what about Indonesia? Largest muslim population, yet less religious violence by far. So is it a racial thing?
>>
>>8649975
I agree with what you said including the fact that 4chan users should be killed, oh and including myself of course.
>>
>>8649953
not that guy but it really isn't.
retards like you on 4chan would undoubtedly be part of ISIS were you born in the middle east. the difference is that you have access to all this information and you still choose to be a immensely dumb cunt.
>>
>>8649982
I say glass America and the chance for any further glassing goes way down.

In the end, utilitarianism demands it.
>>
>>8649972

be careful you aren't on the receiving end then
>>
>>8649975
What it comes down to is if you want the world to have Sharia law. If so, you should be a Salafist, if not, you should exterminate Muslims.
>>
>>8649917
America is unironically the evil empire
>>
>>8649953
Well, if you talk percentages, I'm sure 99% of muslims never killed anyone either, considering that if each muslim murdered one person, world population would drop 33%
>>
>>8649982
Islamism is on the rise in Indonesia.

Preemptive glassing.
>>
File: 1476755636964.png (279KB, 898x790px)
1476755636964.png
279KB, 898x790px
>>8649998

can't beat that logic man
>>
>>8649995
Wouldn't mind it too much desu.

Might is right.
>>
File: 1477099992224.png (126KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1477099992224.png
126KB, 402x398px
>>8650012
>Might is right.
>>
>>8650033
It literally is.
>>
>>8650007
islamic terrorism is on the rise everywhere with the rise of ISIS and i wonder who created ISIS. to equate the religion of over a billion people to a stray group of radicals is fucking retarded.

yea you're going to cite those stupid pew polls which "prove most muslims support terrorism" conducted on maybe a 1000 people by totally unbiased western institutions. maybe try taking your head of sam harris' asshole.
>>
>>8649942
kek is a religion of peace
>>
>>8649998
yeah, if you're shit at everything but extermination, I guess that's the only course of action.
>>
>>8650012
>Might is right
>Jews rule

Race traitor af
>>
>>8649833
>born Jewish
>did nothing wrong
>>
>>8650057
>doesn't understand how samples work

Kek. I also don't see why you find it so incredible that Muslims prefer Islamic law. It makes sense, otherwise you might as well not a Muslim at all.
>>
>>8650057
The Fox News is strong in this thread.
>>
>>8649833
You know what, Fuck YOU. I had a thread going about race and intelligence. It got deleted and I got a warning. If I can't have nice things, neither can you. Saged and reported.
>>
>>8650092
>implying i'm not a circle
>>
>>8650116
how would you define "islamic law"? there are many different islamic nations which practice this singular definition of "islamic law" quite differently. but you've licked sam harris's asshole far too long and you can't comprehend that. you probably think the USA isn't a christian nation either.
>>
>>8650186
Fulharia, anything else is kuffar tier.
>>
>>8649833

more like people who did nothing at all
>>
>>8650229
*Full sharia
>>
>>8649982
No, common Indonesians don't know jack shit about Islam and most don't really care outside of trying to keep up appearances
>>
>>8650229
thanks for proving my point.
you clearly don't know shit and you think you're somehow able to define islamic law for the entire muslim population. by defining islamic law as full shariah you are justifying the existence of ISIS and i hope you get blown up at the nearest mall.
>>
>>8650286
ISIS is justified, they're one of the few movements who take Islam seriously.
>>
>>8649892
>rehashes Utilitarianism 101
U B E R M E N S C H
>>
>>8649833
Burt was definitely the 'Bad Cop' of the two and could be pretty mean to Earnie on occasion but I don't think I'd call him a villain.
>>
>>8650048

It's just that I can't picture it being said by anyone other than an autist
>>
>>8650369
autists are truthful
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQjrdp8ZtgQ

What a wise man
>>
>>8650377

they are but when you work at IT and shitpost as a hobby, you can't say "might is right" and not come off like a middle schooler
>>
>>8650393
everyone believes in it, it's just that those who are mighty never say it non-anonymously
>>
What kind of edgefest is going on here?
>>
>>8649894
>what about the time he justified blowing up Sudanese pharmaceutical workers because us poor and information deprived Americans didn't know for sure that they weren't terrorists?
He didn't justify it. He said that there was a moral distinction between committing an accidental and intentional act of violence because intentions tell give you a better indication of someone's future actions.
>>
fucking stop posting this. this is not literature. Sam Harris has no place here please fuck off
>>
>>8649982
>yet less religious violence by far.

"Less" doesn't mean "none". Just give it time till the Salafists get there.
>>
>>8650383
He's right though. Milo is indeed just a troll, and apart from some scathing hammer blows he deals to easy target SJWs, he's a retard.
>>
>>8651667
His value is that he's entertaining, not that he's insightful. No one perceives him to be a serious thinker.
>>
>>8651678
And yet a lot of so-called "alt-right" retards align themselves with him. Which is peculiar considering the "alt-right" is just a mishmash of autistic reactionaries and racists.
>>
>>8649833
He is better than people say, but he overextends.
>>
>>8651713
The only topic I wish he would stop talking about is politics. I don't mind the odd comment about something here and there, but his 40 minute rants about how much he hates Trump on his podcast are cringe-worthy.
>>
>>8651723
What's something political he's wrong about? I really don't keep up with it closely.
>>
>>8651732
Well Trump for starters. I'm not a Trump supporter at all, but the reasoning Sam uses to be against him is completely cringe-worthy and sounds like the media verbatim.

He'd say stuff like people should vote for Hillary because she's a safe pick and Trump is the "loose cannon", which is ahistorical and completely ignorant.
>>
>>8651748
Trump says things he shouldn't say, and he has a tendency of getting defensive and insulting people. I can imagine him fucking up international relations a little.
>>
>>8651748
How is it ahistorical? Trump has already fucked up numerous business relationships by either saying offensive things or by being an impulsive businessman. He's the definition of a loose cannon.
>>
>>8651777
>How is it ahistorical? Trump has already fucked up numerous business relationships by either saying offensive things or by being an impulsive businessman. He's the definition of a loose cannon.

Perhaps. But he hasn't been the prime reason a country has it's leader deposed, bombed to ruin, and now being a haven for ISIS. Hillary did this with Libya, and she even laughed at the fact that the leader was murdered on national TV.

The question is, are you going to vote for someone based on what they *might* do when in power, or are you going to vote on what they have done?

Using the status quo argument with Hillary doesn't work, because she's a neo-con shill and a war-monger. And if that's what you want, fine, help yourself.
>>
>>8649917
>Orwellian
dropped
>>
>>8651794
The fact that Trump has never been in charge of any foreign policy decision makes a proper comparison impossible. We can only go off what he says, and what he says demonstrates his lack of policy knowledge. It's also worth noting that Hillary's handling of Libya was based off recommendations she was given to by her CIA advisers, advisers who would've given similarly faulty intelligence to other secretaries of state.
>>
>>8651861
>The fact that Trump has never been in charge of any foreign policy decision makes a proper comparison impossible

But it doesn't make Hillary's track record good.

>It's also worth noting that Hillary's handling of Libya was based off recommendations she was given to by her CIA advisers, advisers who would've given similarly faulty intelligence to other secretaries of state.

Yeah, the same faulty intelligence that gave you the Iraq War. Perhaps the U.S shouldn't be so flippant with military might.
>>
>>8649833
>v posting this hard
I mean, I'm a /v/irgin as well but I don't bring that shit here
>>
>>8651868
The US generally isn't flippant with its military, the problem is that it has to shoulder the responsibility for most of NATO
>>
>>8651905
And yet you're saying that the "faulty intelligence" would fall into a Secretary of State who would do the exact same thing as Hillary did, essentially absolving her of responsibility and calling your military unilateralist.
>>
>>8651678
Yes. He dismissed atheism fro being "boring", he's just in for the ride.
>>
>>8651914
>He dismissed atheism fro being "boring"
it sounds as something what an agnostic could say
>>
>>8651911
The problem with responsibility when it comes to these decisions is that it falls on the institutions rather than on individuals. So Hillary is partly to blame, but so are the dozens of people who worked for her. My point is that anyone Trump would appoint would be subject to the same faults.
>>
>>8651926
kek, I would know. Though, he said "she (god) loves me". So if you take him seriously he's a pseudo-theist
>>
>>8651935
or a religious agnostic
>>
>>8651932
So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter who you vote for, essentially.
>>
>>8650335
exactly, people like you justify the existence of ISIS you fucking moron.
>>
I thought /pol/ hated neocons why are y'all sucking off Harris so much?
>>
>>8651954
It matters, but only to a moderate extent. You want to vote for someone who won't fuck everything up, but will gently nudge the country in the direction you want. Revolutionary changes are impossible in our current system.
>>
>>8652041
We don't.
>>
Sam Harris is our generation's Kierkegaard, and like Kierkegaard the media is out to get him.
>>
File: 1457085232510.png (501KB, 506x380px) Image search: [Google]
1457085232510.png
501KB, 506x380px
>>8649982
islam is inherently arabic in character. and arabs are shit. so when non arabs (and the farther removed from arabia both physically and culturally the better) are muslim, the shittiness is somewhat lessened. as to whether arab shittiness is racial or not, i'd say probably not in the most significant ways, but that hardly matters in reality as culture is inextricably linked to ancestry groups i.e. "races"
>>
>>8652041
Harris isn't even a neo-con.
>>
>>8652110
Kierkegaard more like Kikegaard
>>
>>8652135
Fun fact, his name means Graveyard.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.