[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

I'm seeing this mentioned a lot. I can't figure out if it's just a meme.
>>
Why not read it and find out?
>>
It surely is a meme, it's all right though
>>
It made /lit/'s top 100 2016 list...so
>>
>>8649660
The writer is better-known for his comics, is all.
>>
>>8649674

TFW you read 600,000 word meme
>>
File: alanmoore.jpg (42KB, 315x293px) Image search: [Google]
alanmoore.jpg
42KB, 315x293px
It's a meme.

>What did you set out to accomplish in writing "Jerusalem"?

>After thinking about this long and hard, I think it all goes back to the last truly great book I read, which was “Infinite Jest” by David Foster Wallace. It was my first exposure to Wallace’s work, and I don’t think there’s anything about the novel that didn't impress me: its stream of satirical invention; its mandarin prose that perfectly conjures the trancelike drift of a modern consciousness overwhelmed by detail; and its breathtaking risks with structure. I had already read Joyce's "Ulysses" and Pynchon's "Gravity's Rainbow," the first two books in what's known on-line as the "meme trilogy." Upon finishing Wallace's novel, the trilogy's third and last, I felt inspired to contribute a fourth. Ten years later, the novel is finished, and only time will tell whether I've succeeded in turning the "meme trilogy" into a "meme tetralogy."
>>
>>8649764
Can anyone from 2006 confirm that we called those books the meme trilogy back then?
>>
>>8649681
>>8649723
Yeah, it's the good kind of meme.
>>
Everything is memes
>>
>>8649862

oh fuck off loser
>>
>>8649764
Is this real?
>>
It's part of the meme grimoire genre, so yes.
>>
At 370 pages in, I'm calling it.

I can't read another overwrought description of a person doing something mundane.

I can't read about angels somehow being involved in spitting, fucking, and shitting.

I can't read like a million descriptions of what street in some fuckoff city people are on.

I surrender.

Don't waste your time on this meme.
>>
>>8649764
>>8649934
You think you're being funny but he actually has said that he's just discovered and gotten enamored with DFW in a very recent interview
>>
>>8649952
this is such a strangely restrained post to have become pasta
>>
>>8650104
It was originally from some pleb on Goodreads iirc
>>
>>8650127

It was from the comments of a youtube video on dinosaurs.
>>
>>8649660
>I can't figure out if it's just a meme
what is wrong with you?
>>
>>8650849

shut it
>>
>>8650365
Post link?
>>
>>8649952
If Jerusalem is not fit to read, then life is not fit to live.
>>
>>8651931
No, it's really just a goodreads screencap, posted by the goodreader himself. Like the above post, in all likelihood.
>>
>>8649660
I'm a few chapters in. I like the variety of voices and styles, but the "across streetwell and down the corner of mayfair street" and so on can get grating. I was actually trying to keep up with it and checking the map from time to time just in case it becomes important, but I'm starting to skip those parts. Still, his descriptions are nice and the wacky stuff comes in at the right times.
>>
>>8649952
lol u have shit stamina, sempai. not all the chapters have verbose descriptions.
>>
>>8649761
I'm like half way so not yet
>>
>>8649934
No but he does like DFW as of late
>>
>>8649769
Back in 2006 there wasn't a /lit/ or even an /r9k/ so no meme trilogy.

Plus that was pre DFW putting his belt on all wrong.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.