[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overlooked Literary Erotica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: +never-the-face.jpg (26KB, 402x600px) Image search: [Google]
+never-the-face.jpg
26KB, 402x600px
Overlooked Literary Erotica
With all the trash out there, sometimes it's easy to remember that some writers continue to produce what is, for lack of a better term, literary erotica that transcends mere genre fiction.
Ariel Sands is the pen name of a celebrated writer of non-fiction. She has never revealed her true identity. Imagine a well-written BDSM novel—probably autofiction—that is what all the fans of Fifty Shades should have been reading.
>>
File: ++29325593.jpg (15KB, 311x480px) Image search: [Google]
++29325593.jpg
15KB, 311x480px
Slave to Love, Jose Ma. Alvarez. The celebrated Spanish poet wrote only one erotic novel among a substantial corpus of accomplished work. The book's original title is "La esclava instruida" and has been available in a little-known translation for only a short time.
>>
File: +51VH8UJpOtL.jpg (37KB, 311x500px) Image search: [Google]
+51VH8UJpOtL.jpg
37KB, 311x500px
Passion of Mme. S, by Anonymous: Supposedly based on a cache of letters from the 1930's found in a basement of Paris, the publication of this book in French a few years ago caused a sensation.
>>
File: +9782207109502.jpg (11KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
+9782207109502.jpg
11KB, 340x340px
Mr., by Emma Becker. Emma Becker's novel about a 20 year old fan of erotic fiction and her forty-something physician lover was published to great acclaim in Paris. She has recently finished a new novel, Alice, which has yet to be translated.
>>
File: +1q+WMi4lnL.jpg (29KB, 357x500px) Image search: [Google]
+1q+WMi4lnL.jpg
29KB, 357x500px
Submission, by Marthe Blau. Marthe Blau's tale of a married young attorney and mother's infatuation with an older colleague has the misfortunate of sharing a title with a more well-known work by Michel Hoellebecq about a democratically-elected Islamic government in France. Blau's work should not be ignored.
>>
File: 41jk7AedvWL.jpg (25KB, 300x500px)
41jk7AedvWL.jpg
25KB, 300x500px
The Classmate, by Vanessa Duries. Duries' was well known and celebrated for her book, The Ties that Bind, a BDSM-themed memoir that was translated into several languages and earned her appearances on French television as well as a feature in Penthouse. Few are aware that at the time of her tragic death in an automobile accident, Vanessa left a completed novel, of which all but the first five chapters were lost. An unofficial translation is available on libgen, TPB and elsewhere.
>>
These all look like shitty BDSM mommy lit.

I refuse to read any erotica written less than 50 years ago. I only read de Sade, Masoch, Mirbeau, Anais Nin, and anonymous Victorian sex stories.
>>
File: American comedy.jpg (1MB, 1000x6882px) Image search: [Google]
American comedy.jpg
1MB, 1000x6882px
>>8649358

Casanova's autobiography desu...
>>
>>8649358
>probably autofiction
lel no, probably most of it is true, then enhanced to make the female audience want to experience the same things
>>
>>8649358
With all of those readings, what have you learnt on the woman?
>>
>female erotica authors
Nah
>>
>>8649358
> I heard myself saying into the telephone, "But David. What about Maria?"
> "She knows about it, and she's okay with it," he said
Urgh.
Check out 'In Praise of Older Women' by Stephen Vizinczey instead, opie.
>>
>>8649358

That book only got 2.5/5 out of good reads, why are u recommending rubbish to us?
>>
I don't know man, post-modern guy, Nicholson Baker wrote a sort of erotic novel called Vox.
About some guy talking to a phone-sex operator.

Monica Lewinsky gave a copy to Bill Clinton, too. No joke.
>>
>>8649392
this
thanks anyway OP but no
>>
File: 1453189479792.jpg (24KB, 391x376px) Image search: [Google]
1453189479792.jpg
24KB, 391x376px
>>8649392
>Nin
>>
>>8649621
You learn more women and men through women. Men are shit at reading women
>>
>>8649650
I can't tell whether you're implying that's good or bad.
>>
>>8650055
it's a /mu/me, you dip
>>
OP come back
>>
>>8649358

Does all erotica revolve around BDSM?
>>
>>8652159
Hardly. This isn't an Ariel Sands thread. The second book by Jose Alvarez has nothing to do with BDSM nor erotica written by women. Mr is written by a woman but has nothing to do with BDSM either. There's an interesting twist to the Classmate that I won't spoil. Vox is a good suggestion, as is Vizinczey.
>>
>>8649394
Casanova's autobio isn't erotica at all. He writes about seduction but stops; and if you're looking for seduction tips, there's only one.
>>
>>8649392
You think Alvarez' book is BDSM??
>>
>>8652229
>there's only one.
which is ?
>>
File: Confirmation8-9.jpg (638KB, 1500x1189px) Image search: [Google]
Confirmation8-9.jpg
638KB, 1500x1189px
>>
>>8653013
still no integral scan?
>>
any good male-sub novels after Venus In Furs?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.