[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Blood Meridian or the Evening Redness in the West >Moby-Dick;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 114541.jpg (45KB, 687x700px) Image search: [Google]
114541.jpg
45KB, 687x700px
>Blood Meridian or the Evening Redness in the West
>Moby-Dick; or, The Whale

More books with two titles please.
>>
Candide or optimism
Why is this a thing? Why do you care about this? How do you gain from this thread?
>>
>>8648118
Last night I was visited by The ghost of Mr. White Whale. Lavender smelling sperm will come to me but only if I get people to post things in my thread. Thanks for your contribution.
>>
>Dead Souls or Tschitchikows Adventures
>Waverley or 'tis sixty years since
>>
Red Alert or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
>>
The Passing of the Great Race: Or, The Racial Basis of European History
>>
>>8648517
Dr. Bloodmoney; or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
>>
>>8648575
Pretty hacky title on the part of Dicks publisher.
>>
The Fellowship of the Ring, or There and Back Again
>>
Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus
>>
>>8648577
Shitty book too
>>
>Time's Arrow: or The Nature of the Offence

Gr8 book, by the by
>>
Slaughterhouse Five, or the Children's Crusade

>>8648118
The real question is, why do authors do this? Why can't they make up their mind? What does a subtitle add?
>>
>>8648109
That is such a crushingly heavy & ominous album. Gr8 taste m8
>>
>>8649590
Usually a compromise between author and editor on what the title should be. Slaughterhouse Five was for example the title the editor wanted while Children's Crusade was Vonnegut's idea.
>>
>>8648109
Slaughterhouse-Five, or The Children's Crusade

Breakfast of Champions, or Goodbye Blue Monday
>>
Yes or No

The Evening Redness in the West is a much better title than Blood Meridian
>>
>>8648575
Dr. Strangefunk, or How I Learned to Stop Being a Jive Turkey And Love That Juicy Booty
>>
>>8648109
The Swoop! or How Clarence Saved England
>>
Most of Nietzsche's books.
>>
My Diary, or How To Be Honest and Kill Yourself
>>
>>8649688
Kek!
>>
Walden; or, Life in the Woods
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.