[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn cursive/handwriting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: PAPER-AND-PENCIL.png (603KB, 1024x649px) Image search: [Google]
PAPER-AND-PENCIL.png
603KB, 1024x649px
How do I learn cursive/handwriting?
>>
Go to the third grade,.
Or do they not teach it anymore?
>>
>>8647519
This. I learned it in the third grade and then didn't use it again until college, when I taught it to myself all over again so I could take notes more quickly.
>>
>>8647474
>Pick a calligraphy handbook
>Pick up a guide on how to make each letter
>Go through the motions until they stick
But honestly anon, why?
>>
File: Handwriting-Books.png (131KB, 640x299px) Image search: [Google]
Handwriting-Books.png
131KB, 640x299px
>>
Practice. Biggest issues stem from letter formation. If you do it wrong it makes your cursive look worse and your speed slows down. I taught myself a few years ago because I couldn't read my own notes easily anymore.
>>
my handwriting is really fucking uglt
wat do
>>
My hand writing sucks too. I'm a grown up writing like a 10yo child.
>>
i'm trying to copy the dictionary with my best handwriting atm and it's going ok. i guess there's some improvement over time
>>
>>8647616
Have you found that it's increasing your vocabulary?
>>
>>8647519
I forgot how to use it
>>
File: eastvswest.png (742KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
eastvswest.png
742KB, 800x600px
>>8647544

why is European calligraphy such shit
they're like characters you could write with a printing block
the best scripts were just the handwriting of people through the 17-19th centuries in the italian style and it was just their natural, though well educated, scribe style
>>
>>8647627
honestly, not really. this is an old, school dictionary so most of the vocab here are words i already know, and i'm assuming you would too. it's just nice to get clear and concise definitions (i'm esl but i've learned a lot of vocab through osmosis, so while it can clarify some definitions for me, it's not enlightening). also keep in mind, i'm working on handwriting only so i don't really retain the words or definitions.

if you were looking to improve your vocab, i think you might have more luck going through each word, but instead of only copying the definition, also trying to either come up with a few sentences to use it in or find examples of it being used. i think it'd increase retention if that's your main goal. also, if you're already fluent in english, you might want to look for specialized SAT/other exam prep books for increasing vocab rather than a general dictionary, because for every "perplexed" you're gonna have a "pink" and "pretty"...basically words you already know.
>>
>>8647544
Which book? Which style of cursive?
>>
>>8647544
Esthetics
>>
>>8647669
Right on. Thanks for the tips.
>>
>>8647705
No problem, friend. Don't worry about the pressure. Tell yourself you can do it; say it out loud.
>>
>>8647719
I...I can do it!
>>
HOW DO I WRITE FAST WITHOUT MAKING MISTAKES
>>
>>8647474
>tfw mom home-schooled me in Russian while I went to an English school and forced me to learn Russian cursive despite all my protests

I love her.
>>
>>8647656
Easterners made up in Caligraphy what they lacked in paintings, music, poetry, prose, food, fashion, religion, philosophy etc.
>>
>>8647943
Now you're on 4chan. Truly successful parenting
>>
>>8647519
I don't think they teach it anymore
>start cursive in third grade
>stop after a week because it's not going to be taught anymore
>Every other teacher forever expected everyone to write in cursive because we were the first year that didn't learn it
>>
>>8647972
I'm going to be a doctor so I think that makes up for my 4channing.
>>
>>8647943
I can only write Cyrillic in cursive, never learned how to do it normally

>>8648289
Grade 6 here
> "everyone in university uses cursive"
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.