[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: academics.jpg (30KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
academics.jpg
30KB, 460x276px
How much university level training do you need to be fully /lit/, if any? I took multiple literature classes when I was in high school, but now at uni I'm not sure if I can fit any in my schedule.

I've read the basic /lit/ starter kit books and really enjoyed them, but I don't know how I should be approaching all of this. Do you analyze books as you read them consciously, or just read them? Do you look up much outside analysis of it (more than just the forward) when you read a book?

I just want to generally get the most out of these books as I can and I'm not sure exactly how to do that. How do you, /lit/? Does it depend on the book?
>>
seven
>>
>>8646673
>how much university training do i need to read books and think about their content
>>
>>8646673

dogs
>>
File: Z3AIznhl.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Z3AIznhl.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>
File: TWPoet.jpg (41KB, 570x484px) Image search: [Google]
TWPoet.jpg
41KB, 570x484px
In order to become truly /lit/, one must be a writer. Write something of value.
>>
>>8648215

if youre gunna tripfag at least have content in your posts

actually keep at it, thanks filter list.
>>
>>8646673
eng phd candidate here. to get what you want probably just read Literary Theory: A Very Short Introduction by Jonathan Culler and Doing English by Robert Eaglestone. it'll get you into that higher level analysis quickly so that you can apply passively as you continue to read novels/poetry/whatever. it'll also let you know enough about it without wasting a ton of your time to reject the whole approach if it doesn't turn out to be helpful to you.
>>
>>8648216
Oh? And what would you prefer? A poem? I can just write something if that's what you want.
>>
>>8646673

>university level training

holy fuck how memed are you
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.