[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: shylock.jpg (78KB, 655x846px) Image search: [Google]
shylock.jpg
78KB, 655x846px
> Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?

How can this speech be interpreted as anything but a plea for racial equality?

Was Shakespeare pozzed?
>>
>>8645403
/pol/tards haven't read Shakespeare, what else is new?
>>
>>8645403
In other news the sky is blue.

Didn't you go to school?
>>
This Shakespeare-written speech on refugees is great, too:

>Say now the king
>Should so much come too short of your great trespass
>As but to banish you, whether would you go?
>What country, by the nature of your error,
>Should give you harbour? go you to France or Flanders,
>To any German province, to Spain or Portugal,
>Nay, any where that not adheres to England,
>Why, you must needs be strangers: would you be pleased
>To find a nation of such barbarous temper,
>That, breaking out in hideous violence,
>Would not afford you an abode on earth,
>Whet their detested knives against your throats,
>Spurn you like dogs, and like as if that God
>Owed not nor made not you, nor that the claimants
>Were not all appropriate to your comforts,
>But chartered unto them, what would you think
>To be thus used? this is the strangers case;
>And this your mountainish inhumanity.
>>
>Implying Shakespeare isn't the basis of all modern human thought
>>
>>8645403
I'm redpilled and this makes me livid.

Was Shakespeare the first cultural Marxist?
>>
>>8645409
Then why does the kike media always portray The Merchant of Venice as some sort of international hate crime?
>>
Shylock just spiraled out of Shakespeare's control, I don't think we can draw any particular conclusions from him.
>>
>>8645420
Patrick Baitman? Is that you?
>>
>>8645403
because the speeches are always emanations of the character and aren't really vehicles for the peddling of shakespeare's own views.
>>
>>8645436
cool it with the anti-semitic remarks
>>
>>8645434
Because he had to make that plea.

Plebs don't typically read The Merchant of Venice close enough to notice it digs into Christians for being hypocrites just as hard as it digs into Jews for being usurious.
>>
>>8645434
No shit.

I went into it expecting a ham fisted, gross caricature of a character that confirms my existing world view.

Instead I was given a complex, sympathetic character.

WTF, i hate Shakespeare now.
>>
>>8645420
he was the second one, after the jewish communist agitator yeshua nazarethstein
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.