[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love reading but I suffer from Aphantasia:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
How do I see the images in my mind when reading?

How do you make it happen?
>>
Seeing images isn't compulsory to enjoy reading
>>
Huxley couldn't see visualize either.

I personally can't imagine reading without it. My brain visualizes novels in a cinematic way. I don't try to turn the novels into mental movies; it just happens. I often wonder what visualization was like before movies, since my own visualization powers seem dependent on it. I don't picture people in real life, I picture a movie.
>>
Maybe I don't really picture a movie, though. Maybe I just feel like it's a movie because there's a certain point-of-view. It's hard to say exactly what's happening.
>>
Maybe what's going on is that, every time you try to visualize something, there's going to be a focus and framing and a point-of-view, and if it's still we call that a picture, but if it moves and we feel detached and not involved in the events happening, we now call that a movie. But maybe people always visualized this way but without movies they never had a medium to compare it to. Though, when I visualize, the lighting and look of things seems to me less life-like -- less like what I see through my eyes -- and more cinematic.
>>
I don't suffer from Aphantasia, but I don't really bother picturing scenes in books as images rather than "facts", since I'm pretty lazy and lax with descriptions.
Hoestly, it isn't that big of a problem, since it enables to see events as a "whole", rather than from a fixed visual point of view.
>>
I get the movie thing like 10% of the time
The rest are weird stuff I dont know how to describe, synesthesia doesnt cut it
Does anybody else cant help to say the same ideas of what you are reading but in other words all the time in your head?
Does someone know these feels?
>>
I'm the poster who said he can visualize, but I actually prefer when authors give me less description because my brain does fine without it. For instance, Jane Austen never describes what a person looks like beyond whether they're "beautiful" or "plain," and that's fine, because my brain produces people to fill these roles just fine, and when authors go on about the shape of a character's nose, I have a hard time picturing them.
>>
>>8643454
1000 micrograms of Lysergic.
/thread.
>>
>>8643511
Plen
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.