[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Books you hate that everyone else likes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

ITT: Books you hate that everyone else likes
>>
>>8638090
Genre fiction doesn't count

Also >>>/sffg/
>>
brave new world.
>>
>disliking such a mindbender of a read
>>
>>8638130
It's only a
>mindbender
because it's written like a spastic with ADHD had 10 cups of coffee, locked himself in a room with a typewriter, and sharted it all out in one sitting.
>>
That's Sam Hyde's favorite book
>>
Le Stranger
>>
>>8638140
>i am a retard
>>
>>8638154
>Kaleidoscopic run-on sentences with ambiguous use of pronouns and punctuation are a stylistically sound pleasure to read because
>plot
>>
Moby Dick
>>
the sound and the fury
the easter day parade
blood meridian
>>
>>8638153
agree on this one. wtf was the point? so meursault was a sociopath? didn't give a fuck about anything and in the end was still indifferent? oh, and fuck god.
>>
>>8638130
anon here >>8638140 is correct
it's just an empty pulp story with too much "oh man wouldn't it be cool if" fluff and prose that's far more garbled than stylish.
>>
>>8638140

I quite enjoyed the book but you do have very good handle on its flaws there. The next two books and his Trilogy moved further away from that style of overly purple prose and singular narrator and I found they suffered for it. The overwhelming nature of the pros did make me feel as though I was in a disorienting future.

I distinctly remember the part where they go to Turkey being just a clusterfuck of words.
>>
1984. Maybe I'm dumb or something. I couldn't stand most of it. Like 2/3rds of it.
>>
Lolita and American Psycho. D:
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.