[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slice of life/romantic comedy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0004.gif (66KB, 408x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.gif
66KB, 408x500px
Are there any romantic comedy/slice of life books like this which are not mangas?
I like everything about pic related, the typical structure etc. but I would love to see the stories in my mind and not drawn.
>>
>>8637115
you think we know who they are except that they are some poorly drawn toons with yellow faces?
>>
>>8637115

. . .
Light novels?
They're pretty much manga/anime in (cheap) book form
>>
>>8637115
>but I would love to see the stories in my mind and not drawn
why
>>
>>8637115
Why is Ranma on here?
>>
>>8637120
I tried searching them on google but I saw that everything is translated by fans on shitty websites
>>8637121
I don't dislike the drawings but I prefer my imagination
>>
>>8637116
No I know that, but you can imagine what type of manga it is, it's a very comfy romantic comedy
>>
>>8637124
It's better than Ranma
>>
File: 342667[1].jpg (23KB, 316x475px) Image search: [Google]
342667[1].jpg
23KB, 316x475px
>>8637141
>romantic comedy
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/romantic-comedy

by romantic comedy they mean dumb chick lit though so imo reading it is a total waste regardless of your gender
>>
The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima is literally what you are looking for.
>>
>>8637178
I'll try that, thanks
>>
actually read 'the waves' by virginia woolf
it's exactly a slice of life with romantic notions and stuff... :3
>>
"Comedy of manners" and picaresque novels are the closest equivalents in western literature imo.
>>
>>8637314
I will, thanks
>>
A Moveable Feast. It will make you feel like an alcoholic living it up in Paris even though you're poor.

The Sorrows of Young Werther. It will make you feel like a punk little bitch hanging out in the countryside and pining for a girl.
>>
>>8637337
>>8637354
Thanks, them don't seem very comfy though
>>
>>8637365
most of what was suggested to you is not an easy read if you are not into literature
>>
>>8637365
They are, in their own bittersweet ways.
>>
Don't know what that chink shit is but for slice of life stuff I'd say Chekhov
>>
>>8637412
goncharov's 'oblomov' :3
>>
>>8637399
I am talking about the story, I knew a bit about The Sorrows of the Young Werther
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.