[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edgelords

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: books-imperial-bedrooms.jpg (32KB, 245x372px) Image search: [Google]
books-imperial-bedrooms.jpg
32KB, 245x372px
This thread is for the Lords of Edge. Only post Katana/10 authors and books here.
>>
Why is BEE edgy?
His books show us how nihilism and consumerism are terrible things to live your life by. If anything his books show us how being edgy destroys society.
>>
File: chucktingle.jpg (107KB, 510x295px) Image search: [Google]
chucktingle.jpg
107KB, 510x295px
>>
>>8637158
because people read American Psycho and think it's just a story about a serial killer
>>
>>8638377
Good point. There's a motif of katana in his works, and his pleb fanbase are trenchcoated out- even if he is thematically opposed to edginess.
>>
>>8638381
It's just another case of /lit/ judging a book by its fanbase.
>>
File: stephenson.jpg (43KB, 550x369px) Image search: [Google]
stephenson.jpg
43KB, 550x369px
>>8638375
This.

And pic related.
>>
>>8638375
The man is edgy, but at least for fight club, the book has a really positive message.
The narrator(and according to Palahniuk, his name is Sebastian). Learns that he should take control of his life, and following Tyler is no different from following faceless corporations.

So he decides to do what he wants, instead of following what a crazy man or the society dictates him to do. And what Sebastian wants, is to start a life with Marla.

I just love the last conversation between the narrator and Marla.

>"It's not love or anything" Marla shouts "but I think I like you, too".
>One minute
>Marla likes Tyler
>"No, I like you," Marla shouts. "I know the difference".
>>
File: 1464236611580.jpg (11KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
1464236611580.jpg
11KB, 250x314px
>>8638375
>chucktingle.jpg
kek
>>
Can paulo coehlo be considered edgy, even if normies adore him?
>>
>>8638428
How in God's name is Stephenson edgy, bro?

He's one of the relatively few genre authors who have genuine humanity in their work.
>>
>>8639606
I'm sloughing off my old Fight Club animosity... I enjoy the book and film but really soured on it JUST because the fans, which is p dumb I now see.
>>
>>8641038
People get hung up on the katana.
>>
>>8637041

God, you fucking weebs on this site read on a very fucking surface level since you keep calling BEE edgy.
>>
>>8641119
not to forget mafia doing pizza delivery and the guy who carried a nuclear bomb in the sidecar of his bike and killed people with a piece of glass as his weapon of choice, also pirates raping whoever they captured regardless of gender and waving to their future prisoners with condoms (their leader was named bruce lee too iirc) etc stuff
>>
>>8641130
That, like the katana, is all just broad comedy, not edginess.
>>
not to forget he had there a mistranslated piece from "enmerkar and the lord of aratta"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.