[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished writing a scary book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: aaatled.png (729KB, 716x954px) Image search: [Google]
aaatled.png
729KB, 716x954px
But i suck at advertising and at this point would be happy with even harshest criticism. Can't improve without it anyways
>>
>>8636963
The sorry about ppl stealing it ideas. Maybe post a chapter, or a few parts where you think need improvement?? Or find a trusted friend.
>>
Oh and heres the link by the way, I tried to do a faster pace lovecraft type story but you be hte judge if you dare :) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3RD6SR/?ref_=aga_h_su_B01M3RD6SR_title
>>
>>8636969
Shit lol I mean worry about people here stealing your ideas or good lines and such
>>
>>8636969
I think no one can ever get enough improvement, but if you click on the title, the preview is about a page
>>
>>8636972
Lol stealing lines can infringe copyright if it's too an extent, if it is ideas it's great to inspire others
>>
File: 1445240006427.jpg (62KB, 720x355px) Image search: [Google]
1445240006427.jpg
62KB, 720x355px
>>8636963
>But i suck at advertising
>Posts link to own work which I have to buy to give my opinion on

You are doing it just fine you transparent twat don't worry.
>>
>>8636986
Lol before this i tried tweet hijacking, i took drain the swamp political jargon and turned it into, you might wanna drain the swamp before you read this..
>>
File: Split-Face.png (94KB, 400x167px) Image search: [Google]
Split-Face.png
94KB, 400x167px
I tried to emulate a horror threat like this
>>
>>8637014
l am skeptical
>>
>>8637020
There will never be body horror like the thing...but i can try emulating it inside a chaotic Lovecraft type setting. I tried to make one that broke rules of physics because another dimension opened
>>
>>8637023
shameless bump
>>
i would but you have it set 18 and up fucking stickler
>>
File: stirner.gif (17KB, 186x200px)
stirner.gif
17KB, 186x200px
>>8636963
>scary book

Would you call it...SPOOKY?
>>
>>8637083
I would call it spooky scary, but as far as skeletons, the flesh is kinda still there
>>
File: castadia.jpg (72KB, 1132x849px) Image search: [Google]
castadia.jpg
72KB, 1132x849px
pic related, it's my lizard tax, i built him a grout castle moist hide scratch post
>>
>>8636971

Reading the sample. The first paragraph is very weak. I'm not in love with the 'hooky' opening that plebs demand, but you gotta do better than just "x was sitting down on a couch, here's a short description of the couch, he was with his friends, and he sighs as if he had something he wanted to get off his chest."

It's a waste of words to write like that. Just jump right into whatever the hell he wants to say.

>and glares at my while I'm paralyzed

Ok, so this work is un-edited. You need to work with an editor if you expect people to not only read but pay for what you've written.
>>
>>8637114
Thank you, making edits and going over it again, probably re-upload friday and try again.
>>
The cover art is working against you, no one will choose to read a book with a naked man on the cover. I will tell you right now the writing does not matter, to the degree you want it to. What matters is the cover art
>>
>>8637389
I mean it Herschel, you got a good title, good description, look up other scary stories, and copy their covers. Something with drippy blood, bold font, scary. You will get ten times more downloads.
>>
>>8637395
Thanks, i don't want to remove the art though because the panicked insane man is extremely relevant to the story. i however might try the bold writing in the next edit if something else comes up too. I think it's funny my opening 's error alluded me
>>
>>8637113
qt lizard, would pet

your book is unreadable though, poorly written and poorly formatted with weird text style and stuff
>>
>>8637113
Am i on imgur?
>>
File: grepeaa.jpg (36KB, 849x849px) Image search: [Google]
grepeaa.jpg
36KB, 849x849px
>>8637454
>>
File: castadidda15089179.jpg (34KB, 637x849px) Image search: [Google]
castadidda15089179.jpg
34KB, 637x849px
>>8637454
>>
It's shit. Awful structure, full of grammatical errors, but the worst thing about it is the formatting. Your name is tiny compared to the title, the cover is hideous, you've written "first edition" with a lowercase f, the two first chapters of the first story are labeled with roman numerals while the third one is labeled with a regular 3, and one of the stories is titled in all capital letters. The entire thing looks like some high school essay thrown together at the last minute by a particularly uninspired student.

Also:

>The Awakening: It Awakens.

Come on, man.
>>
>>8637505
>The Awakening: It Awakens.
Hilarious
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.