[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plato's Republic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: star.jpg (219KB, 1123x737px) Image search: [Google]
star.jpg
219KB, 1123x737px
Is he right, /lit/?
>>
>>8636604
>Morality is actually an extension...

That line alone shows his bullshit.
>>
>>8636604
>Is he right?
No. He's giving a book valour not on it's logic and what ideas and possibilities it introduces, but rather on how much he disagrees with the author's philosophy.
0/10 shit review.
>>
>>8636625
>>8636652
You are aware that OP knows this right? Who are you explaining this to, exactly?
>>
>>8636670
Of course I know it, I just wanted to enjoy the circlejerk a bit.
>>
People worship it because it's an old book. It makes no difference whether Plato argues for technocracy or Aztec style human sacrifice. They simply worship it for social posturing reasons.

Have you noticed the huge irony that the people who go on about the Ancient Greeks being so important wouldn't pay any attention to Socrates or Plato or Aristotle if they were born during their era? They'd be too busy wanking over the Ancient Egyptians.

And so on back in time, until the first group of humans would have some people claiming that Neanderthal mud paintings are the most profound thoughts of all time and only a disgusting pleb could think otherwise.
>>
>>8636670

Are you stupid? There was nothing about OP and it is just a general shitpost for board.
>>
>>8636690

Retard
>>
>>8636604
I have yet to read The Republic but is this an argument for moral relativism?
>>
Emotional person reads philosophy contrary to their beliefs and has a knee jerk reaction. Not new
>>
>>8636690
How much do you know about Ancient Greece? The people of Plato's time and before that praised Homer, Pindar, Hesiod, etc. Also, they put a high value on their current works of art, such as plays by Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides, and Aristophanes. Ancient Egyptians? Come on... I suggest you go back and read the Greeks, especially maybe The Histories by Herodotus.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.