[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plotinus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1476729516644s.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476729516644s.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>"There everything is transparent, nothing dark, nothing resistant; every being is lucid to every other, in breadth and depth; light runs through light. And each of them contains all within itself, and at the same time sees all in every other, so that everywhere there is all, all is all, and each all, and infinite the glory. Each of them is great; the small is great: the sun, there, is all the stars, and every star again is all the stars and sun. While some one manner of being is dominant in each, all are mirrored in every other... All the essences see each other and interpenetrate each other in the most intimate depth of their nature. Light everywhere meets light. Every being contains within itself the entire Intelligible World, and also beholds it entire in every particular being.." -- Plotinus

what did he mean by this? And how do I attain such a vision (without drugs)?
>>
>>8636536
You probably can't actually imagine it, you can just bullshit yourself into believing you caught a glimpse of it.

Imagine nothing. As close as you'll most likely get.
>>
>>8636536
He reached enlightenment.
Basically All is One, and the One is all.

Kill your ego and you'll achieve that.
>>
>>8636557
...That's oversimplifying it a bit.
>All the essences see each other and interpenetrate each other in the most intimate depth of their nature.
Add Transcedental Idealism to that and you've reached Unlimited Meme Works.
>>
File: 1476874613600.png (396KB, 495x303px) Image search: [Google]
1476874613600.png
396KB, 495x303px
>>8636566
>>8636553
>being this entombed in the material world by the demiurge

this thread is for Sun seekers, not plebs
>>
>>8636566
You mean Absolute idealism :o)
>>
>>8636536
This has peaked my interest, where do I start with Plotinus?
>>
File: jew_and_atheist.jpg (235KB, 1138x1100px) Image search: [Google]
jew_and_atheist.jpg
235KB, 1138x1100px
>>8636536
Because there's only one substance.
>>
He was probably high or meditating. Both these things cause a feeling of universal oneness and connectedness. Would recommend feels rad.
>>
>>8636947
>peaked

reeeee

Also start with the Greeks
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra%27s_net
>>
>>8637136
*Piqued
Sorry, I'm not a native speaker and I've never actually used that word before
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wCwGWGLqYg
>>
>>8636536
>light runs through light
blonde on blonde
>>
>>8637182
bend over and i'll let you try black on white pussy nigga
>>
>>8636557
This.
>>
>>8637195
a quote from thesmophoriazusae if i am not mistaken? :3
>>
Plotinus confirmed for being Shankara
>>
>>8636947
The Enneads is all he's got, f a m
>>
Poetry, and poetic prose, such as the excerpt you just posted. It requires dire concentration and a certain frame of mind, however; you may pass over a great poem, knowing it is great, but not receiving its Vision; you may receive a very great and huge Vision from a poem not entirely great in itself, and no two Visions may ever be alike. I think that as you read more poetry (I can't say this for sure, as I've still read terribly little), the Visions become more intense, grand, and lasting, but also more rugged, dire, and difficult. When the Sensibility required for Poetry first enters the mind, it will see a Vision around each corner and formed by every corner, but these will be weak, fleeting Visions; certainly, however, the truly experienced reader of Poetry, who must necessarily be a poet in themselves, will live with a heavy, grave, even hateful Vision. I can't lay claim to any really huge Vision as yet personally, but I think Yeats's claim that "there exists another world, but it is contained within this one" hits the nail on the head (the other world being Poetry in the broadest sense), even if I can't subscribe to his mysticism. Basically, the Vision may only be encountered by hard, even injurious work, usually of an intellectual nature, though I am sure certain dancers have experienced Vision by their peculiar form of kinetic Poetry.
>>
>>8637866
ty m8
>>
>>8636557
Don't need to kill or shatter ego but detach from it or transcend it.

If you try to kill your ego you will fail. Trying to kill your ego is a form of clinging to your ego.
>>
>>8637182
>black girl with a blond wig on
>if I live another life, gonna live it as a blond
>>
>>8637883

>Poetry, and poetic prose, such as the excerpt you just posted.

Don't listen to this idiot. I will not tell you what you want to know because it's supposed to be secret, and you're right that it's not drugs. But reading poetry and "poetic prose", in translation no less, will not cut it.
>>
>>8638006
Np. And if you like what you read, I really recommend John Deck's book on his thought.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.