[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0158.jpg (230KB, 479x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
230KB, 479x750px
thoughts?
>>
Kind of strange how in the first half he goes on a series of different adventures and in the second half he's just a doctor. It's like they're two different books.

I liked when he was in NYC, I got lonely feels.
>>
>>8636475
One of my favourite novels.
>>
>>8636491
this hobo section was the only one I liked desu
>>
I want to read it soon. Worth it?
>>
>>8636475

>That passage where he eats the poo poo
>>
>>8636475
Don't get me wrong, i fucking like misantrophy, but damn. That was a lot of it.
>>
>>8636565
Definitely
>>8636602
That's the french for ya
>>
File: 1371184697400.png (216KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1371184697400.png
216KB, 500x434px
Beautifully written, I was stunned. Are Celine's other books that good?
>that part on the ship when Bardamu talks his way out of getting lynched by other passengers
>>
Mort à crédit is superior.
>>
Worth reading. Reading The Recognition now. Celine was a greater primer.
>>
>>8636475
Not half as bleak as I expected it to be. Guess /lit/ is mostly visited by wussies
>>
>>8636475
What's it about
>>
File: 1476274750910.png (122KB, 625x470px) Image search: [Google]
1476274750910.png
122KB, 625x470px
I really liked it, but had to stop at about 1/3 due to personal affairs, when he arrived in NYC.
Should I resume reading or start all over?
>>
>>8636966
keep going
>>
It's kind of good but gets repetitive after some reading time, I don't know if it was the translation's fault.
>>
>>8636475
>Not reading it in french

Dude srsly ?
>>
>>8636632
Mort à Crédit is also amazing. Just read the first paragraph and you'll see. Also, Bagatelles pour un Massacre, despite being an antisemitic pamphlet, is worth it for the conversations about dancers. They're in my opinion, the most beautiful prose passages in French literature.
>>
>>8636475
First half: incredible
After he returns to France: zzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>8636475
Solid 3/5. Great when reigned in, boring when it goes on for too long.

The best part, and the part that stays with me, more than the overrated boat scene, is when he looks upon the man who sacrificed his life for the young girl far and how the truly good should marked. One of the few times the /lit/ feels have gotten to me
>>
>>8636632
They are excellent. Mort à Crédit, Castle to Castle, North... and his interviews are funny (from 1957 to 1961). I haven't read his pamphlets yet (except Mea Culpa which is a brilliant charge against communism).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.