[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poetic Rus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tolstoydostoevskychekhov.jpg (43KB, 640x301px) Image search: [Google]
tolstoydostoevskychekhov.jpg
43KB, 640x301px
What is it about the history/geography/culture of Russia that led to the collective prolificacy of writers and poets as Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Chekhov, filmmakers like Tarkovsky, Einstein, etc?

Not that other cultures don't have their share of insightful artists, but there seems to be a common poetic thread between all these artists that points back to the culture of Russia. Maybe it's just how fucking cold Siberia is
>>
>>8635463
What do they have to do with Siberia?
>>
>>8635463
They are the boundary between east and west. On the outskirts of Europe. They struggled between embracing western ideas and keeping national identity. There was also lots of strife such as famine, corruption and nihilism.

Also high average intelligence.
>>
>>8635463
that's five people. it's not really all that many.

i know there's more, but those are the big guys and most countries have as many.
>>
Such are the ways of the mysterious Russian soul.
>>
There's nothing to do but write during the long winters.
Funny how all the good lit stopped when commies gained power
>>
>>8636266
Then why is there such little good literature from Canada
>>
>>8636266
>Funny how all the good lit stopped when commies gained power
This isn't true at all
>>
>>8636266
it is apparent that:
a) you don't know a thing about how and where russian authors lived
b) your taste in literature is informed solely by 4chan
conclusion:
you are a faggot
>>
>>8636287
we have a higher standard of living. it's basically fairyland up here

> oh no, my barn burned down! we're ruined!
> nvm the whole town came together to build a new one. fuck
>>
>>8635463
Russian soul
>>
>>8635463
I dunno, why do Germans and Greeks absolutely rekt everyone at philosophy?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.