[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumb dumb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: chad.jpg (31KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
31KB, 331x331px
I'm a 20 year old WHITE MALE who hasn't read a single book in my entire pathetic "life"

RATE these books I've ordered

The Alchemist
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Stranger
The Metamorphosis
Ulysses
The Republic
Beyond Good & Evil
The Will To Power
>>
You are not ready for most of those books
>>
>>8633270
>>8633273
Eh, he'll figure himself out. Go, anon, I believe in you. The Metamorphosis isn't all that hard to read, begin with that, OP
>>
File: Disdain.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
Disdain.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
>>8633270
Cancel the first four and start with Plato
>>
Will these books make me very witty and smart like those guys on the TV who read stuff 20 jews wrote for them and did 100 takes to get the right rapport with a great ambient ost so that the viewer is totally engrossed in the program to the point that when they cut to commercials they couldn't even tell you what they were watching because they were that vegitated by meaningless drivel blabber and jewish camerawork
>>
>>8633273
I'm not ready? lmfao bud
Do you think youre Yoda or somthn

lmao nigga, im like lmao
>>
>>8633287
Anon, do you have a good dictionary?
>>
>>8633270
My rating won't and shouldn't effect your ability to read them or your willingness to do same.

Start on simpler things. I really don't want to see more threads by people who can't even get the point of something like The Stranger complaining about the character or incorrectly lauding his faults as "that's how I want to be".

Just please start with what we've already outlined in the sticky.
>>
>>8633287
You're trying to troll /lit/ by posting a picture of chad so in return our unconscious brain will form a picture of you resembling an asshole troll? Well done
>>
>>8633295
Thanks Capt Obv

Pretty transparent

I was told the IQ here was HYOOOGE, this should have been unspoken
>>
>>8633300
>I was told the IQ here was huge

You're mistaken, the real high IQ people are not on 4chan
>>
>>8633300

Too on the nose though like you are reading a wikihow guide to trolling.

Anyways about half of that isn't the best for starting with.
>>
File: HonorableGentleGreatdane.webm (300KB, 600x270px) Image search: [Google]
HonorableGentleGreatdane.webm
300KB, 600x270px
>>8633308
>trolling.

Is this 2006? Come on holy shit, I haven't heard this shit in a decade-
It's just a stupid gimmick to get replies, I actually ordered those books and I'm gonna give them a shot

rec me something not on the sticky, a lesser known one

DROP some ENTRY LEVEL TOMES on me niggy
>>
>>8633308
I dunno, maybe he's doing it as a form of self-expression?

Is anonymous shitposting faggot OP actually trying to make a point about the ambient levels of pretention and wankery found herabouts?

Okay, maybe I'm being too generous.
>>
>>8633308
also someone replying with "youre not ready" with no real constructive criticism or anything to add and me replying in kind isnt trolling

banter just banter
>>
File: 1460913179631.jpg (46KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1460913179631.jpg
46KB, 1440x900px
RECC a book based on the image tied to this post
>>
>>8633321

The Count of Montecristo is a good one, The Stranger and The Metamorphisis are easy, read sparknotes on it afterwards and maybe reread it after.

Arabian Nights is a good thing to have a copy of and you could probably read Don Quixote it's long but simple and funny.
>>
>>8633351
>read sparknotes on it afterwards and maybe reread it after.

bruh, you tryna get@me?
>>
>>8633270
All good except The Alchemist, which is famously, famously, famously bad.
>>
>>8633340
something Postmodern. maybe Murakami but I haven't read enough Pomo to say for sure.
>>
>>8633370
>which is famously, famously, famously bad.

cheers, might skip it then
>>
>>8633270
wow you would be literally black if you add "i grow up without a father"
>>
>>8633270
You're the perfect person for the alchemist. You get all the "meaning" out of it without minding that it's incredibly shit writing.
>>
>>8633388
>>8633466 has a point though. You could read The Alchemist first and then move into the good shit.

I'd put Ulysses on a high shelf as something to aim for, though. I'd say at an absolute minimum you'll want to have read The Odyssey, at least some bits of the King James Bible, Dubliners and Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, and have watched some Shakespeare before having a crack at it.

If you want to read something that's really feckin' Irish and really feckin' fun, though, you can try The Third Policeman.
>>
>>8633340
the fault in our stars by john green
>>
>>8633270
>Bad
>Great
>Good
>Great
>The Best Novel Ever Written
>Okay, read it so you can read philosophers who respond to it
>Great
>Great
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.