[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any cognitive benefits to journaling? Want to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: journal.jpg (80KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
journal.jpg
80KB, 500x375px
Are there any cognitive benefits to journaling? Want to start a journal and was wondering if there was any evidence that it actually had psychological benefits
>>
>>8632233
It has been proven to reduce stress and anxiety
>>
it's kind of quaint to see all those lines that never amounted to much, but you felt them to be worthwhile regardless because they signify that you actually did something one day
>>
Well whenever I try something like this I just end up indulging in my own insanity- but I hear other people find it a healthy emotional outlet that allows them to make sense of their lives and where they want to be so... idk anon, at very least it can be a fun read for your therapist.
>>
File: IMG_2554.png (226KB, 950x1150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2554.png
226KB, 950x1150px
>>8632233
It helps you express your existential butthurt through something other than shitposting.
>>
>>8632252
why do are anime characters always wearing retarded hats for no apparent reason?

Are japanese people autistic?
>>
>>8632242
I don't keep a regular log but I do have several small notebooks wherein I jot down notes on plot or style, narrative techniques or even just short passages from works I've been reading. I think I've been using it to refine my reading and analytical strategies, but it's too loose and freeform to really amount to anything. And I almost never write anything as inane as the minutiae of daily life or even the mundane. If anything, I'll write down my line of thinking which those things elicit rather than any direct reaction to them.
>>
It's a more deliberate act than simply trying to meditate or spend time with directionless introspection. Writing out your thoughts forces you to fixate on ideas with a greater sense of focus. By having them recorded, you're better able to build off of them. That's what I've found, at least.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.