[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to read a book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 18600043.jpg (22KB, 289x475px) Image search: [Google]
18600043.jpg
22KB, 289x475px
Is this actually good? Will this really help an autist with an attention span of 3 seconds like me read a book?
>>
here, dont bother with that, i'll teach you how to read a book

>get the book you want to read
>open it
>begin reading
>SIT THERE

you short-attention-span people need to realize that unlike reading online, where you're flitting from thing to thing to thing, your attention will deepen as you read, and it may take two or three pages before you adjust and become entranced

dont just read a paragraph and go "ah, fuck, im not getting into it" and toss it aside

reading is a trance state, and it takes time to enter it
>>
>>8632221
What about technical non-fiction? I have a hard time believing it's gonna get me entranced so easily.
>>
I found that there were a few good reading strategies that I learned from this book. But all in all, I wouldn't waste my time.
>>
>>8632221
Thanks
>>
>>8632181
A book that teaches you how to read a book
Isn't that a bit like keeping the step-ladder on a high shelf?
>>
>>>7421085
>>
>>8632181
sorry, but I feel like the cyber bullying isnt real tweet, just read a book.
>>
>>8632222
I read a few technical writing/ literary theory books this year. Took some effort to not zone out sometimes.

Just make sure you're engaged in the subject. Could not even be your fault depending on what it is, some technical books are just badly written and can't hold your interest for shit.
>>
>>8632181
probably, but it is tedious. very tedious. you wouldn't lose too much of importance by just reading a good summary
>>
Guys, I don't have a problem focusing, I've spent entire afternoons reading stupid shit, but
>how do I leave my computer for five minutes and begin?
>>
Mortimer, the man.

There are a few good insights, especially at the beginning (the art of being taught) and the end (those top tier books)... ironically I found him more informative when he spoke generally rather than specifically

But reading is personal. Unless you want to be born out of a cast iron skillet you should find the method that keeps your attention via trial and error

Maybe it's you, maybe it's the book(s) your reading. Nature got you here without knowing anything you shit figure it out
>>
Is Bloom's book better? I know they're different but if you had to choose between the two...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.