[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Hellboundheart.jpg (23KB, 220x390px) Image search: [Google]
Hellboundheart.jpg
23KB, 220x390px
>>
The book is only 90 pages long, why don't you just read it?
>>
>>8631725
please fill my ass with your cum
>>
File: pinhead4.jpg (40KB, 585x530px) Image search: [Google]
pinhead4.jpg
40KB, 585x530px
>>8631725
he's afraid it will turn him gay.
>>
>>8631544
Yes, its better than the movie.
>>
>>8631544

It's fairly good, yes.

>>8631725

This is a good observation and a good recommendation. It can be read in a matter of, let's just say, "an afternoon", whatever your reading speed. You could either pirate it I suppose (it's a rather important piece of intellectual property from which Barker directly benefits while alive, and so this explains why I don't immediately find a text link), find it in a library, or you could block out whatever "an afternoon" is, go in a local Barnes and Noble or somesuch (they tend to have a copy in stock), literally sit down, read the whole book, put it back on the shelf, and walkt out having read the whole book.

>>8631856

It's not particularly gay. there are multiple "straight" male-female interactions. It's more themes of incest, in addition to the Lovecraftian SM stuff.

>>8632054

I don't agree but this is basically a moot point inasmuch as the two are so similar, and by design: Clive Barker is the only person that I'm aware of who has as his /primary/ job: "writer of fiction", and then himself successfully /directed/ a (relatively given the budget and his inexperience) competent film version, being his own adaptation of his own original source text, And later saw that film go on to be acknowledged as a new classic in the genre (it is).
>>
>>8631544

It's pretty much exactly the movie for better or worse. Also a variety of bells and dins
>>
i like it, well written for horror. Weaveworld is a nice big escapist fantasy as well.
>>
Yes, it's good. And only the length of a Goosebumps book. Win-win.
>>
>>8631544
Couple of months ago, my girl and I got together with a mate from college with whom we like to watch old horror movies like Evil Dead and so on. We picked Hellraiser, expecting it would be a cheesy old bloodfest.

It was one of the darkest movies we ever saw. So yeah, if the book is anything like the movie, definitely read it.
>>
>>8633418
i like you.
>>
>>8633418
Is the Thief of Always his best? Imajica is too strange.
>>
>>8633418
>It's not particularly gay. there are multiple "straight" male-female interactions. It's more themes of incest, in addition to the Lovecraftian SM stuff.

> in denial about Clive Barker's sexual orientation
>>
It's like a Horror movie based on a bad book turned into a bad book by Clive Barker, so four layers of shit.
>>
>>8635470
its pretty universally considered a good horror book. If you don't like horror and/or have no coherent argument...go back to pretending you've read the Illiad in Greek?:)
>>
go wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XidFz3NIg
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.