[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creative new fag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: brainfreeze.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
brainfreeze.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
I recently wrote a poem one night and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. Not very talented so any pointers and tips would be appreciated :)

A cold mind

One; that was once filled with warmth, love, and passion. Began to slowly grow dark in a bright ongoing world. The luster of hope and kindness that had once filled these brown eyes, were no longer there, but dark spheres that only serve as lifeless entities. Ears that only heard empty words, lips that spoke silent sentences, and a heart that knew no desire. Faith no longer ruled this heart; instead, with every fleeting beat, only filled this hollow cast with pain and sorrow. This was the heart of a broken soul; a broken soul that spewed forgotten memories of the past, and a cold mind that quietly keeps it moving.
>>
no takers?
>>
Search the catalog for the crit or critique thread.
>>
>>8631423
>>
>>8631423
This.

But, some quick thoughts: avoid melodrama and expected language. With poetry, it's especially imperative to use language to surprise your readers. Almost every descriptor in this poem is simplistic and generic, and therefore boring. Find more exciting ways to say the things you want to say.

Cheers.
>>
It's good that you're writing something. I thought it was rubbish though. The punctuation is an oddity that adds little, there is no form, and your vocabulary is tired.
Are you a teenager? Do you have inspirations? Is this a troll?
>>
>>8631428
>>8631429
nah not a troll, something that came to mind when i woke up from one night lol. im terrible at writing so i thought this would be the best place for opinions like yourselves.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.