[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Will it hold up against Dostoevsky's books?

Anyone got an intro to Tolstoy chart?
>>
It's Anna Karenina.
>>
>>8629441

See >>8629445
>>
>>8629441
I put off reading Anna Karenina for a long time because I was reluctant to read a book about a woman.
I'm glad I finally did read it though. The parts with Levin working on his farm mowing grain or hunting snipe in the marsh with his dog were so damn comfy.

Plus Vronsky was alpha as fuck, fucking bitches, racing horses and finally going off to Serbia to remove kebab or die trying.
>>
>>8629471
Not OP, but you sold me on it
>>
>>8629471
>I put off reading Anna Karenina for a long time because I was reluctant to read a book about a woman.

>arguably the best novel ever written
>wont read because muh retarded women

/lit/
>>
>>8629471
>>8629493
lemme guess, you went straight to IJ and GR? kek
>>
>>8629471
>Plus Vronsky was alpha as fuck
Stepan*
>>
>>8629471
>remove kebab
Kindly fuck off back to >>>/pol/ you embarrassing nigger.
>>
>>8629599
Remove kebab is actually funny you embarrassed nigger
>>
File: dat guy.jpg (468KB, 2162x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dat guy.jpg
468KB, 2162x1200px
>>8629441
no. it's a piece of shit francofag aristocock sucking example of dog vomit. tolstoy wasn't russian, and it shows.

this is soap opera tripe written for well to do widows, when french culture was sweeping through the aristocracy of russia. it's all a display of drama that isn't seen as fitting for peasantry and commoners, and it's absolutely a telling sign of how dull the rich truly are. Dostoevsky is an example of what a true russian was, a common man, which is why it's so relatable. the people you typically see fawning over anna karenina are women who live in a fantasy land. In the end, you would do better to read Oblomov, or Dead Souls. Tolstoy is best left in the trash where he belongs. AND the story is bad, bitch whore cucks her husband and kills herself? guy cuts grass? fucking scene through the eyes of a dog? it's trash.
>>
>>8629441
>Will it hold up against Dostoevsky's books?
Tolstoy was a way better writer than Dostoyevsky.
>>
It's supposed to be a wonderful book. I read it and didn't really care for it, but I think Tolstoy is just not for me. You should read at least half of it and see if you like it.
>>
>>8629656
you're a dipshit dude
>>
>>8629697
lmao
>>
File: kek.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>8629697
>he hasn't read Anna Karenina
>he comes on /lit/
>>
>>8629471
Nice pasta

>>8629656
kek

>>8629441
They do have some similarities (religious Russian realist writers who create massive books and great characters), but Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy should not be approached the same way. I may start comparing Tolstoy to Dosto but I could just as well compare him to Flaubert or Balzac.
So, he'll hold up against Dosto if you approach him as a different writer. If you want more Dostoyevsky you'll be disappointed.

>Anyone got an intro to Tolstoy chart?
Doesn't exist afaik
>>
Was Levin simply too weak to live without faith?
>>
>>8629471
Gosh, I didn't know this book contained bestiality. Poor horses.
>>
>>8629743
Vronsky is a drooling rapist.
>>
>>8629599
you're just as cringey as he is
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.