[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature works to help me become the incarnation of an ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Roman Anime.jpg (192KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
Roman Anime.jpg
192KB, 1024x819px
Literature works to help me become the incarnation of an ancient Roman?

I wish I could think like a Roman, act like a Roman, be an ancient Roman.

Help me... please...
>>
>>8629063
Start with an immense envy of the Greeks.
>>
>>8629063
Why ancient Romans? The Romans were destroyed by the Ottomans in 1453, you should try to read literature works that help you become the incarnation of an Ottoman janissary.
>>
>>8629114

The Ottomans were destroyed in WWI. He should read Johnny Got His Gun and saw off his limbs to truly become patrican.
>>
>>8629063
Livy, all of his extant works from the founding of the city. He was much more interested in social history and correct action then say, specific battles.

Plutarch's criticism of Romans, especially Cato is enlightening as well. Cicero's letters are basically reams of scolding from a moral tryhard. Marcus Aurelius was his own man and seems to have been an outsider to general morality.
>>
File: 1419468530973.jpg (55KB, 870x680px) Image search: [Google]
1419468530973.jpg
55KB, 870x680px
>segmented tiddy armor
>>
Latin is just too hard.
>>
>>8629063
you wouldnt want to be an ancient roman unless you were rich or atleast in rural areas. horrible awful lives.
>>
>>8629094
this. and malaria.
>>
>>8629114
The peak of rome's empire was after the demise of the power of the senate and the Pax Romana brought about under Augustus via Caesar's takeover.
Caesar wrote letters to romans while he was conquering france, extremely well written letters on horseback and rain detailing how awesome he was doing at uniting the barbarians of France, then called Gaul.
It's called the Gallic Wars, and you should read it OP. Then move onto Ovid's Metamorphoses for poetry. The Aeneid is also necessary, it was nationalist propaganda about how cool rome is and the guy who founded rome. It also has one of the most unpopular heroic types in fiction, a guy who trusts in the gods. A pious hero. Probably would sell with christians today.
>>8629224
Yeah, I agree. Good thing other people translated shit for us. I tried to learn it for four years and about all I've done with it is create names for special attacks in my anime fanfiction and this post.
>>
>>8629063
source on the image artist?
>>
File: I forgot my pants.jpg (206KB, 1115x717px) Image search: [Google]
I forgot my pants.jpg
206KB, 1115x717px
>>8629498

I have not a clue, I picked it off of /k/ once.

Anymore good stuff, this is really interesting, also, what is some good literature to help me embody myself and think like an ancient Greek as well?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.