[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he happy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: sisyphus.jpg (30KB, 302x339px) Image search: [Google]
sisyphus.jpg
30KB, 302x339px
>>
>>8628328
Reminds me of super meat boy which makes me very happy
>>
i don't know, ARE YOU? *lights cigarette, pops trenchcoat collar and walks into the night*
>>
>>8628334
No, i'm fucking depressed thanks to Camus and Dostoevsky.
>>
>>8628328
Depends if anyone told him about Prometheus
>>
>>8628336
why would Camus make you depressed?
>>
I'm happy.
I believe in Jesus and I'm sitting on my couch hanging out with my /lit/ friends using my laptop. Life's great.
>>
Is the boulder happy, does it really want to be pushed?
>>
>>8628353

fag

>>8628336

you made a thread about this not long ago, no? did you even attempt to read the recommended books you lil cunt? get off of lit and read.

clearly when dosto and camus make you feel depressed something is wrong with y o u. brothers karamazov filled me with joy. how could one possibly read of alexei and not love him?

camus is all about filling the void, it is supposed to literally counter your feelings of emptiness. try reading the stranger again and this time pay attention. fug
>>
No, he is suffering. He can pretend that he is happy, and he can even believe that he is happy, but true happiness doesn't exist in Sisyphus' situation. Happiness occurs in Sisyphus' life, and our lives, but temporary happiness will never satisfy us. Suffering dominates life and always extinguishes happiness without fail. We cried when we were born and we'll be in pain when we die.
We are never satisfied or at peace, because two things are true: life is suffering when it should be happiness.
>>
I imagine he is
>>
>>8628328
Atleast he has purpose
>>
>>8628328

Is he?
>>
>>8628328
Probably has mad gains from pushing that rock all day, so yes
>>
File: 1475819487069.jpg (85KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475819487069.jpg
85KB, 500x600px
>>8628328
Insofar as happiness is.
>>
>>8628400
And that purpose just keeps rolling back down the hill...
>>
Why doesn't Sisyphus leave the stone at the bottom? It's the one question nobody has dared to ask. He is only pushing it to the top as a consequence of ideology.
>>
>>8628421
he can't due to magic
>>
>>8628421
*sniff*
>>
File: 1476593129530.png (388KB, 989x576px) Image search: [Google]
1476593129530.png
388KB, 989x576px
>>8628421
Anything and everything in life is analogous to pushing the rock, according to Camus. It is inescapable in many senses. Man must do something.
>>
>>8628331
>sensible chuckle
>>
>>8628368
Unless you freeze to death.
Then you'll hurt sometime before you die, but you'd actually die with a feeling of numbness, a soft slipping away after hope has frozen.
>>
File: PDHlw4S.jpg (412KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
PDHlw4S.jpg
412KB, 1280x842px
>>8628336
Sounds like you didn't understand either.
>>
>>8628421
Cos he seen what happened to Prometheus
Dont fuck w Zeus nga
>>
>>8628353
:)
>>
Is this quadrillion kilometers story from TBK in any way related to Sisyphus?
>>
>>8628328
I prefer this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs
>>
>>8628353
p cute
>>
>>8628328
obviously not
>>
Yes, because he has a task. Something which gives meaning and drives his existence. Ask yourselves this: Does a man such as this have time to be unhappy?
>>
>>8629227
Also, when one lives a life of pointless and grueling toil, if there ever is a respite, those fleeting moments bring an untold happiness. You appreciate more of the little things when you are a literal workhorse.
>>
>>8628421
Then what? Just do nothing for the rest of his life. Eventually he'll want to push some rocks again. The rocks are all he has, he has nowhere else to go.
>>
>>8628336
if anything dostoevsky gave me a little hope
you arent depressed
>>
>>8628328
of course he is not, he doesnt have a qt gf and children, but at least he is /fit/
>>
>>8628328
the question is irrelevant
>>
File: image.png (73KB, 1545x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73KB, 1545x422px
>>8628409
This
>>
>Implying he needs to will himself into happiness.
>Implying he thinks of it as being an old rock and not a new push.
>>
>>8629345
Are there people who actually believe that image? Is there a better sourced version? Because I've never heard of any Greek feat (besides the obv fake milo of croton etc shit) which couldn't be replicated by modern athletes and obviously (it is obvious right?) modern diet and exercise far outstrips what Greeks were capable of or believed
>>
Hes literally being contrarian for some attention. Maybe provide the societal srrvice of teaching cops how to kill him.

Is there a more memey philosophy than absurdism? It actually plays out like true egoism.
>>
>>8628368
Suffering is the burden of man.
You don't understand the merit of suffering because you are too absorbed in the pain it causes you rather than the strength it grants you.
In C&P Dostoyevsky says suffering can be beneficial for a person "go and suffer" because it will make you a better man.
Your definition of happiness is in the juvenile stage of "absence of pain"

>>8628419
The purpose is the hill

>>8628421
It's just a metaphor. No matter what you're doing, if you're consciously living you are pushing a stone up a hill. The existence that is you is what works against you until you die.
push back or be crushed.
>>
>>8628404
True?
>>
>>8628336
>As for Tom, the fact that he "had some woman in New York" was really less surprising than that he had been depressed by a book. Something was making him nibble at the edge of stale ideas as if his sturdy physical egotism no longer nourished his peremptory heart.
>>
>>8629229
>You appreciate more of the little things when you are a literal workhorse.

this, i work everyday, physically and psychologically, i.e. doing thinking stuff.

10,000 years could pass and i never would feel bored, but besides i would rest on the little things that are more fragile and easily missed, when you are distracted by work.
>>
>>8628353

Cuck
>>
>>8628328

H-he has to be. W-we must imagine Sisyphus to be h-happy. Th-there's no way rolling a rock up and down for all eternity and masquerading it as meaningful isn't j-just a way to make us sleep better at night!
>>
>>8628538
I love so much Dostoyevsky.
>>
>>8628328
Who cares, he's a fag and Camoo is trash.
>>
>>8630734
>You don't understand the merit of suffering because you are too absorbed in the pain it causes you rather than the strength it grants you.

That should be the strength it might give you in the right circumstances. Thinking suffering inherently has merit is even more juvinile than that other posters definition
>>
>>8630553
Nah its based mainly off of those renaissance paintings that painted them all muscly and the like.
>>
>>8631580
>Trust me lads you should spend your whole life being ashamed and living in submission because this guy in a made up anecdote totally said it was worth it.
>>
http://pages.ucsd.edu/~dkjordan/chin/LaoJuang/JoyOfFish.html

>when acient chinese wisdom remains unknown to baka gaijins
>>
>>8628336
>Camus
>Making you depressed
How? Myth Of Sisyphus was more hopeful then anything.
>>
>>8628328
No but we must imagine him as an happy individual
>>
>>8631829

>Zhuāngzǐ answered him: "The thing is, when you asked, 'From what can you know the joy of fish?' you already knew that I knew this in order to ask me what I knew it from. I knew it from the bridge over the River Háo!"

what did the mean by this?
>>
If he believes that, by virtue of the absurd he's succeed, then yes, he's happy.

On a serious note, different humans, different tastes. The pleasure from feeling achieved and with an objective could compensate the physical pain for him. Could.
>>
>>8628368

>he can even believe that he is happy,

if you believe you're happy, doesn't that make you happy?
>>
Wouldn't be much of a punishment if he were happy...
>>
File: Sisyphus.jpg (6KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus.jpg
6KB, 244x207px
>>8633648
If you are bound to suffer, be a masochist.
>>
>>8628421
The rock IS ideology you pleb
>>
How many reps do you think he does?
>>
>>8628368
>>8633623
this. who else would know?
>>
>>8628368
>You're human, you're suffering.
No I'm not. I'm positively basking in God's love.
>>
>>8628368

>life is suffering when it should be happiness
>should be happiness
>should

where exactly are you getting the idea of the way life """should""" be?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.