[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sex-free book suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 6779463-cathedral.jpg (1MB, 2960x1850px) Image search: [Google]
6779463-cathedral.jpg
1MB, 2960x1850px
I'm not a prude however I feel like sex has seeped into every facet of society. What are some books that are completely devoid of sex/sexual acts? I can tolerate romance but nothing too extreme.
>>
>>8627617
More or less everything written in the 19th century and earlier, unless you go out of your way to find erotica.
>>
>>8627617
>What are some books that are completely devoid of sex/sexual acts?

Your diary by the sound of it desu ;-)
>>
>>8627617
Sex was always present in every aspect of society.

Read Foucault's book on Sexuality
>>
>>8627628
You proud of yourself?
>>
any good book
>>
Gulliver's Travels
>>
>>8627628
I am a virgin yes if that's what you're getting at
>>
Anything by Pynchon. Against the Day is his best.
>>
>>8627617
Slice of life manga
>>
>>8627741
Have you tried finding a nice girl to have sex with?
>>
>>8627641
i believe the chapter about sapient horses is not entirely sex free
>>
>>8627761
All I remember about the whynham (sp?) is they are mass murdering communists. My recollection may be foggy but the only sex I recall in Gulliver is when he mentions his wife is pregnant on one of his voyages
>>
>>8627750
Not the guy you were talking to but the term "Nice Girl" is a contradiction
>>
livejournal.com
>>
>>8627995
>When the matron Houyhnhnms have produced one of each sex, they no longer accompany with their consorts, except they lose one of their issue by some casualty, which very seldom happens; but in such a case they meet again; or when the like accident befalls a person whose wife is past bearing, some other couple bestow on him one of their own colts, and then go together again until the mother is pregnant.
>This caution is necessary, to prevent the country from being overburdened with numbers.
>But the race of inferior Houyhnhnms, bred up to be servants, is not so strictly limited upon this article: these are allowed to produce three of each sex, to be domestics in the noble families.
>In their marriages, they are exactly careful to choose such colours as will not make any disagreeable mixture in the breed.
>Strength is chiefly valued in the male, and comeliness in the female; not upon the account of love, but to preserve the race from degenerating; for where a female happens to excel in strength, a consort is chosen, with regard to comeliness.
>Courtship, love, presents, jointures, settlements have no place in their thoughts, or terms whereby to express them in their language.

they don't care for love but only sex for procreation and strictly for procreation, practice forced marriages and on top of that have a caste system, why have swift described them as some kind of ideal again. they are also guilty of genocide:

>He took notice of a general tradition, "that Yahoos had not been always in their country; but that many ages ago, two of these brutes appeared together upon a mountain; whether produced by the heat of the sun upon corrupted mud and slime, or from the ooze and froth of the sea, was never known; that these Yahoos engendered, and their brood, in a short time, grew so numerous as to overrun and infest the whole nation; that the Houyhnhnms, to get rid of this evil, made a general hunting, and at last enclosed the whole herd; and destroying the elder, every Houyhnhnm kept two young ones in a kennel, and brought them to such a degree of tameness, as an animal, so savage by nature, can be capable of acquiring, using them for draught and carriage;
>>
>>8627747
Mea culpa. I misread OP. Don't read Pynchon.
>>
>will never read Robert E Howard
Sucks for you man.
>>
>>8627617
Confessions of a mask
>>
>>8627617
Most non-erotica novels up till the 1950s didn't feature explicit sex, though often you'd get a 'fade out' where it was obvious that sex was about to get underway but it wasn't described. Would those be suitable?
>>
My diary
>>
>>8627617
>What are some books that are completely devoid of sex/sexual acts?
this is false. it is the opposite. life is more about sex and people try to construct a society on this. they will always fail.
also, entertainment is just about sex and at best weaker than sex. so no, you will never escape sex as long as you are a hedonist
>>
>>8628005
>no girl is nice to me, therefore there are no nice girls
>>
howsabout 'I Am A Cat' by Soseki Natsume? good satire of society from early 20th century Japan
>>
My twisted world
>>
>>8628424
KEK
>>
>>8627617
Everything is about sex, ancient and modern.
>>
>>8627617
>I feel like sex has seeped into every facet of society
you may literally be autistic. sex is the reason anyone is alive.
>>
>>8628442
What are you, autistic? Sex kills more people today than it ever did historically. Yet it's only written about more and more.
>>
>>8628442
>>8628453

"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R. D. Laing
>>
>>8628453
>Sex kills
Wait, what?
>>
>>8627617
I'd like to say Augustine and Aquinas, but as sex is a very important part of moral philosophy, they extensively write about it.
>>
>>8628469
lol augustine was a masochistic fuck who ruined sex for Western Europe for 1500 years
>>
>>8628478
degenerate
>>8627617
Moby Dick
>>
>>8628497
>Squeeze! Squeeze! Squeeze! All the morning long; I squeezed that sperm till I myself almost melted into it; I squeezed the sperm till a strange sort of insanity came over me; and I found myself unwittingly squeezing my co-laborers’ hands in it, mistaking their hands for the gentle globules.

>there is no place like a bed for confidential disclosures between friends. Man and wife, they say, there open the very bottom of their souls to each other . . . . thus, then, in our hearts' honeymoon, lay I and Queequeg - a cosy, loving pair.
>>
>>8627617
>I'm not an ascetic however I feel like food has seeped into every facet of society. What are some books that are completely devoid of food/eating? I can tolerate dinner parties but nothing too extreme.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.