[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does he stack up, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: K.jpg (197KB, 757x836px) Image search: [Google]
K.jpg
197KB, 757x836px
How does he stack up, /lit/?
>>
>>8627308
Stop posting things on social media you get outraged about.

Discuss works of literature that you actually enjoy
>>
>>8627318
I'm not outraged at all.
I love Kojima and Abe.
>>
>>8627323
Read Western males instead of cuck weeb shit
>>
>>8627324
>>8627318
i want newshitters to leave
>>
Do you think the Japs will ever catch up in literature? I personally think all the anime stunts their minds, though my thoughts are backed by science.
>>
>>8627326
Some LNs are fine. The Tatami Galaxy, for example, is okay.
>>
>>8627336
the anime was amazing
>>
>>8627308

Face of Another, at least as translated by Saunders, is fucking terrible. Woman in the Dune is alright, but man, FoA...cannot get over the useless similes on every page and retarded characters.
>>
>>8627326
Manga is their preferred form of literature. Buddha, adolf, and phoenix by Tezuka, freesia by jiroh. Damn good story telling that evokes emotion.
>>
>>8627326
>I personally think all the anime stunts their minds, though my thoughts are backed by science.

I'd like to see several peer-reviewed studies independently showing evidence "anime stunts their minds"
>>
>>8627336
Tatami Galaxy is a regular novel
>>
>>8627336
Dude most LNs are garbage. They're basically YA except worse.
>>
Abe is just a discount Kafka. I mean he isn't bad, but why should I read a epigone when I have access to the original?
>>
>>8627308

well he likes my favorite four Kobo Abe books. Kangaroo Notebook is cool, but its weirdness seems kinda forced. The Face of Another is his best.
>>
He has a great taste
>>
>>8628654

Kafka wrote stories, Abe wrote novels. Kafka's most accomplished novel (The Trial) is unfinished, and does not come close to Abe's best novels.
>>
>>8627308
Someone ask him what he thinks of Mishima and post here.

I block all social media in my HW firewall.
>>
>>8627308
>no Inter Ice Age 4

D R O P P E D
>>
>>8627308
I watched the movie version of The Face of Another and it was shit.
>>
>>8627326

I don't watch anime but it beats the Western equivalent of Game of Thrones and Avengers, for example.
>>
File: WAR.png (434KB, 1015x1527px) Image search: [Google]
WAR.png
434KB, 1015x1527px
>>8627326

This is kinda right.

I'm in Tokyo for around 6 months of the year. Every morning in convenience stores like Family Mart/etc, you can find people stood in front of the manga/anime stands to read them for free. On the trains/subway, you'll find people reading them too.

The quality of the series they read is almost invariably shit, but the whole comic/graphic comic theme is definitely their preference regardless.

It is interesting to consider if we might have ever followed suit, if comics/graphic comics/anime/etc were not so shit.
>>
>>8627344
Read it as well. I do think the tired similes are just an oriental meme, and I thought I was reading out of my comfort zone. I still don't know if I read a light bulk of shittiness with a terminal moral or a genuine surrealist novel
>>
>>8627326
I don't get why people shit on japs for reading manga and what not. It's not like in the west everyone read classics on train. From what I've seen every mostly ready shitty detective or young adult novels.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.