[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

村上 春樹

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Murakami-Haruki-1024x811.jpg (91KB, 1024x811px) Image search: [Google]
Murakami-Haruki-1024x811.jpg
91KB, 1024x811px
This man in my country, he is nothing 。
>>
>>8626944
Thanks for letting us know nothing
>>
>>8626944

>Implying you're Japanese
>>
>>8626964
nobel nippon cultural the しティ カミ very laughed
>>
>>8627003

There's a Japanese man I talk with on Skype on the regular (language practice for us both) and we agreed Dylan should not have received the prize.
>>
Do you think Murakami will receive his nobel during your life time?
>>
>>8626944
My roommate is Japanese, and a Murakami fan, but he said the same thing - Murakami is largely unappreciated in Japan.

He also said Itou Junji was largely unknown.

Too bad, so sad, says I.
>>
>>8627819
It is very common the whole 'no prophet accepted in his own country'. Look how on /lit/ any american writer is reviled, but someone with a jap name will be adored. I wonder what it is, or why it is
>>
>>8626944
he's the japanese john green
>>
File: bolac3b1o3.jpg (30KB, 490x580px) Image search: [Google]
bolac3b1o3.jpg
30KB, 490x580px
>>8626944
Este wey, en mi pais es bien chido.
>>
>>8627845

ya pynchon Cormack, delilio, gass, gaddis, hemingway, faulkner, steinbeck all reviled on here!

literally just used for meme status and not cause anyone enjoys them, and wow a lot of them are still alive and hailed as the american greats we currently have.

Sorry but your idea doesn't hold. And if you go even further back the only reason why a lot of the older american greats like henry james or even melville outside of moby dick aren't discussed is cause no one reads them anymore to be frank. not from lack of skill.
>>
村上の作品読んだことあるのか?
もしかして周りの意見に流されてそう思ってしまうのかな?
>>
>dumb shit
>>
>>8627845
Has nothing to do with him having a "Jap" name.

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World was one of the most creative, well-structured works of modern fiction I've read, and Itou Junji is someone who really understands horror, has a well-defined and original art style, and is not afraid to play around with concepts completely outside of the genre's norms.

You really need to stop thinking in such shallow, race-oriented modalities.

Still, a part of the phenomenon can likely be attributed to the inherent intertwining of perspective with language.

Ergo, a writer from a country with one language will find it easier to present a fresh, or interesting, perspective to a foreign linguistic demographic.

In other words, it is more difficult for an American to present to Americans a new view of the world, than for someone raised in a country on the other side of the planet, with its own unique way of looking at things, and equally unique modes of expressing these views.
>>
>>8627819
I have a close Japanese friend, and he actually says that Murakami is quite divisive. The average Nip considers him a national treasure, but many people shit on him (some influential Japanese critics like Kojin Karatani do). Most Japs have only read Norwegian Wood and maybe another book from his bibliography, but that's it, apparently.

That being said, I do like Murakami's work.
>>
He cannot be a man and nothing. Choose one or stop being melodramatic.
>>
>>8626944
>this shitposter in my board, he is something
>>
>>8628120
I believe it is more of a hipster thing. Anything foreign has to be better. The japanese have it too, the 'big in japan' phenom.
>>
Quick /lit/ !
Your favourite Murakami, now !
>>
I have never read anything by Murakami

My prejudiced idea with regards to him is that he is commercially successful middlebrow writer, who has managed to write 1 or 2 truly great books, and will never get the Nobel because he sells too well for the Swedes.
Is that right? kinda like Graham Greene.
>>
File: ryu2007.jpg (210KB, 749x1070px) Image search: [Google]
ryu2007.jpg
210KB, 749x1070px
>>8629148
Easy
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.