[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we agree that Luke is the most /lit/ Gospel? The Magnificat,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Luke-rotjpromo.jpg (14KB, 270x371px) Image search: [Google]
Luke-rotjpromo.jpg
14KB, 270x371px
Can we agree that Luke is the most /lit/ Gospel? The Magnificat, the Nunc dimittis, etc.
>>
Gotta look at the good news all as one thing. the interplay between the synoptics vs john and the synoptics even at odds with each other is more interesting than Luke by itself.

>hurr im luke im a rich greek doctor i only know like tertiary sources dont you like how i took all the character out of the story of christ hey and guess what here's this paul faggot too
>>
>>8626744
The synoptic aren't at odds with each other except over reasonable details that you would expect there to be conflicts of the account of. As Saint John Chrysostom points out, none of the conflicts relate to anything doctrinal, and it they weren't there, the Gospels would be suspect as a collaborative effort; with minor conflicts, it shows they are independent accounts.

Luke probably talked to primary sources. Especially women.
>>
>>8626495
since /lit/ likes its incomprehensible prose in order to build up the myth of their own intelligence, I would think that Thomas would be the most /lit/ gospel.
>>
>>8626982
Thomas is not canonical
>>
Luke is the most /lit/

Mark is the most /tv/

Matthew is the most /pol/

John is the most /his/, and also best, but that is unrelated
>>
>>8626744
Acts is the most underrated

You're writing a sequel to the greatest story ever told. How do you raise the stakes past literally dying for the salvation of mankind?

You can't.

So, instead you focus on the man. Saul, a man, and a sinner at that, but one of great convictions.

All of the secondary characters of the last book, remain secondary characters, but it's not that they don't do anything. They have intense trials of their own, but they remain in the background. The story easily could have been about them and their newfound powers, but instead we have the story of conversion of Saul. Jesus himself is relegated to a cameo at the intro and a small part in a pivotal scene halfway through.

Think of how important this story is to the young church itself. It's basically the story of how anyone can join. You have the highly-esteemed, high-ranking Saul, who is both a Jew and a Roman citizen. More important, though, is the fact that he is a pharisee. That's right, he's a member of the bad guy faction from the last one.

Yet, even Saul is able to see the light of Christ (literally) and come to the Church. Managing in the end to be one of the greatest of the apostles.

If you actually read it, Acts is a pretty solid book, thematically. Which is true because it was written by the best of the Gospel writers: Luke.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.