[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Reader-is-sexy06.jpg (130KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
Reader-is-sexy06.jpg
130KB, 500x368px
Tell me, /lit/, is it true that every story that can be told has been told? That we've basically been recycling plots for hundreds if not thousands of years?

Are we, as writers, simply trying to come up with new ways to tell old stories? Is there nothing original to say?
>>
>>8626249
You aren't a writer
>>
File: 1474748413330.png (148KB, 646x903px) Image search: [Google]
1474748413330.png
148KB, 646x903px
>>8626249
if you are asking that DO NOT label yourself as a writer.
>>
>>8626253
>>8626256
So, attack the OP instead of responding to the questions?

Bold move, Cotten...
>>
>>8626249
yes and no.
there are only a handful of plot "formulas" that every story ever written can be categorized into.
Like 5 or 6.
We have this thread like every other month.
>>
>>8626249
Yeah in the sense that the totality of modern science in contained in the ontological presuppositions of Aristotle's (or perhaps Descartes philosophy). That it to say perhaps, but it really trivializes the issue. There is a massive degree of continuity, and you can see that the intellectuals of today (be they scientists, philosophers, writers, artists, etc.) are essentially grappling with the same issues as the ancients.
>>
>>8626269
Progressive rise
Progressive fall
Rise fall
Fall rise
Fall rise fall
Rise fall rise
>>
No
Yes
I'd tell you to speak for yourself, but you're no writer
Not if one obediently copypastes The Hero With a Thousand Faces for the 9001st time
>>
>>8626249
if you were really a writer you'd know not to get bogged down by that kind of shit and just write.
>>
>>8626249
Of course not. The state of hard scifi depends on real life scientific progress, so it will not run out of novelty any time soon.
>>
>Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Gide, not that anyone listened
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.