[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE PLAGUE by Albert Camus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 4163222196_3deb226465.jpg.cf.jpg (30KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
4163222196_3deb226465.jpg.cf.jpg
30KB, 375x500px
I just read this. So... has anyone else?
>>
>>8623920
I have, when I was in my post-Stranger, black boot wearing phase. It was semi-decent, I didn't get as sucked into it as I had hoped, which signalled the end of that time in my life.
>>
>>8623924
I didn't pick it up in an effort to conform to my personality, I just saw it at a rummage sale and got it lol.
No black boots here
>>
>>8623920
If you checked the archives you would already have the answer to your question you mong.
>>
Yeah, it's great in a way where passages I actually experienced as boring became enjoyable in hindsight.

Would recommend.
>>
Just finished this last week, it was my first Camus so I wasn't sure what to expect going in. I really enjoyed Part Three. Some parts felt a little "and then this happened and then this happened" but overall a good quick read.
>>
>>8623920
Reading it in french ATM
>>
>>8623920
I have stolen the book at my vocational school's library. Worth it. They've never claimed it back.

It was tedious at some moments but I liked it. I always remember a passage where he talks about the difficulty to sympathize with a tragedy when it unfolded in a far country, despise the full-of-pity tone of the medias.
>>
Ive read 5 books of Camus', not his best imo. Still great nonetheless.
To me it was the importance of making decisions, especially in times of crisis, with some good ol religion hatin thrown in there to make a point.
Particularly important to me was the realization that while some rules were established in the town after the plague was discovered, everyone still had to decide for themselves what to do and how to react.
>>
>>8624859

Why would you read it on french automated teller machine?
>>
>>8624859
Just finished it in French. I think slowly going through with a dictionary makes the last third of the book more powerful. The part that alters most of the main characters' philosophies is incredible.
>>
>>8625837
I think the Plague was the fairest take Camus gave to religion. Paneloux is virtually quoting Kierkegaard in his 2nd speech.
>>
File: Ugh.png (259KB, 641x279px) Image search: [Google]
Ugh.png
259KB, 641x279px
>Tfw I've encountered people who insist that Camus was somehow a philosopher
>>
File: question mark man.jpg (117KB, 1300x1229px) Image search: [Google]
question mark man.jpg
117KB, 1300x1229px
>>8625851
>Why would you read it on french automated teller machine?
>>
>>8624307
I wanted to interact with others, buddy
>>
>tried reading The Plague in French
>dropped it after a few pages cause I had to look up so many words
s-sorry
>>
I've got this in my backlog should I read it next anons
>>
>>8625851
Kek
>>
I actually bought this today at a Goodwill. I think it was previously owned by a student because it's heavily analyzed and annotated on the pages.
>>
>>8623920
Yes, it was comfy.

>midnight skinny dipping with your friend in between saving lives

Comfy.
>>
>>8626511
I've read better books desu

And I'm not even anymore than a pleb casual
>>
>commie aunt told me to read it when I visit her
>said it changed her life
>not it's collecting dust on my bookshelf
Should I give it a shot?
>>
>>8628355
No, never listen to commies
>>
Is the dog killing graphic or just a quick thing that happens

Maybe kind of pussy of me but since my dog died years ago I have abhorred violence against dogs more than I did before
>>
>>8628393
This
>>
>>8628393
>>8628460

kys

>>8628355

the only thing that matters is the merit of its book, not who recommended it to you, you stupid fucking autist

when a 5 year old quotes Heidegger, him not understand it doesn't make what he says less wrong or right

plague is not camus' best work, but its definitely worth reading. not that long anyway-
>>
>>8628501
You're right. I didn't know anything about it, though, so I went by the source.
Guess I'll pick it up.
>>
>>8625851
Topkek
>>
>>8626195
Back to /r/eddit. This place is too much for you.
>>
>>8628355
I don't know why fedoras took such a huge emotional hit with this book or found it so next level

There wasn't anything that stirred me up in it besides for >>8626951
>>
>>8628454
Very not graphic. A brief description of doge, the doge reflex upon being shot and a mention of blood around the dog.
Nothing beyond that. Maybe one paragraph.
>>
File: deaddoge28.png (52KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
deaddoge28.png
52KB, 300x250px
>>8630046

>A brief description of doge, the doge reflex upon being shot and a mention of blood around the dog.

I never knew that when a doge dies he becomes a dog.
>>
I've read the Stanger(in French if that matter) and at first I wanted to go in the book and shake him, tell him to move his ass, to not be a spectator if his own life but then I read the poem from Baudelaire "the Stranger" and I understood the true meaning if this masterpiece
>>
>>8630097
Is that OC?
>>
>>8625851
He said "in" French ATM.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.