[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish to be a fucking writer, even if i'm an ESL pleb who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: just fuck my shit up.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
I wish to be a fucking writer, even if i'm an ESL pleb who write in his first langague only.

However i'm too conscious about my writing and feel like i'm absolute shit-tier, i gaved some of my writing shit to other people, i have an uncle who write too and actually managed to do some money in my shit tier country. They told me it's actually good but also -

>too much violence (yeah it's edgy shit)
>main character is far too much passive and depressed
>uncle even told me how it feels like i'm writing about my self and shitting on myself with no reason
this one especiaily made me even more conscious about my writing because i'm trying to not self insert like a fucking faggot

basically can't take critic for shit because lel no self-respect

i have around 60K words, but i don't know how to continue to keep on writing because i feel like i'm writing horse shit

how the fuck do i motivate myself to keep writing and not give a shit anymore?

and how the fuck do i manage to NOT self-insert part of my personality/shit into characters?

and it's got romance too and sometime i'm actually feeling ashamed about it because i literally don't believe anymore in this crap and just find it cute
>>
File: 1475708406430.png (18KB, 498x520px) Image search: [Google]
1475708406430.png
18KB, 498x520px
>>8623183
Why the fuck does it matter if you self-project yourself into the book?
As long as the miserable and depressed archetype fits in the story it will be beneficial because you will find it easy depicting a depressed cunt from your personal experience.
Any other complaints can be taken to >>>/r9k/
>>
I suggest you read more and then come back to writing. Growing up is a good idea too
>>
>>8623202

it matters for me. i can't really explain it. it just feels wrong.
Please don't send me back into that shithole. I'm trying to never go back there again.

>>8623203
but i'm reading stuff all the time.
>>
>>8623209
Post some of your work.
>>
>>8623212
It's in sand runes(Hebrew). I can try to translate my shit, but it will take time and will probably be kinda shitty because i'm ESL.
>>
>>8623183
Everyone has to start somewhere OP. If you love it then pursue it & I know that sounds cliche but it's the truth. The more you read & write , the better your writing will get.
>>
>>8623209
>it matters for me
I've been there. It's your subconscious trying to work out the problems you have in real life in the form of characters.
>i can't really explain it
Yeah, because you're young and need more life experience and trying to do shit and failing to be able to understand whats in your brain. If you can't tell us, who can? Start a journal about your feelings, do it today, if that's the single thing you do it's enough for now.
>it just feels wrong.
Because you don't want to be a piece of shit. That's great! Now, get to work getting better. You shouldn't be confident, because just reading your OP post I was already about to tear my eyes out. Acquire skill, you don't need confidence, you need to work.

As for violence and sex, the reason why you're upset about is probably because you've never experienced them for yourself so it 'doesn't feel real' because its not. Get in a fight and fuck before you write about that shit.
>how the fuck do i manage to NOT self-insert
You're probably 16 or so, putting yourself on a page is one of the most intelligent things you can do at that age. You shouldn't know yourself yet.
journal, esl scum, page a day and whine all you want there. Journal won't call you esl scum. Journal good.
>>
>>8623183
>how the fuck do i motivate myself to keep writing and not give a shit anymore?
i dont know
>>
>>8623259

You really need to stop projecting.

It feel wrongs because honestly, i want to be at least original and not base characters about myself. i don't mind if they have some of my shit i guess, because it's still my writing.

>"because you are young"
Heh. funny that you said this kind of crap. i'm 23 years old, and probably seen more shit than you because of my funny country.
>"because you don't want to be a piece of shit"
For fucking sake are you another one of those 18 years old who think they are psychologist?

>as for violence and sex
Nah, only Violence. probably more upset about seeing shit country in my own eyes, you know? seeing people actually die in front of your eyes probably affect people. who fucking knew.
>get into a fight
being stabbed by mudslime is enough fighting for you?

Fucking hell with those kids.
>>
Self-inserting is how most authors write their first break through book.

Although not his first major work, The Shining is pretty much about Stephen King's alcoholism in the late 70s.
>>
>>8623301
Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry, I overdid it.
No wonder you're writing about violence then. I don't have problems like that, so I can't understand it. Of course then it would be fine for your writing to be dark and gritty then.
As for 'being original' I can tell you that just that that the experience of your life sounds original enough to me. I don't know what you're trying to get out of this, but I hope you find it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.