[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time my backlog has been empty in 6 years...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: BLINI.jpg (141KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
BLINI.jpg
141KB, 800x800px
Im out of backlog and need something new, please, before I yank out my hair suggest me some good sci-fi or fantasy. Ive read just about everything from Dune to The Cycle of Arawn to Honor Harrington to Patrick Rothfuss. And goodreads isnt worth a damn for finding useful reviews for things.
>>
>>8620953
Mervyn Peake
>>
>>8620953
Have you considered branching out beyond sci-fi and fantasy?
>>
>>8621110
>>>/lit/
>>
Have you read Redwall, Watership Down, or anything by Philip K. Dick?
>>
>>8620953
LEM
E
M
>>
>>8621229
This
Penguin just published a new print of mortal engines. He has great stories.
>>
John Wyndham the books aren't like the movies
>>
>>8621380
Could never finish the fourth one. I just kept getting too bored.
>>
Bakker's Prince of Nothing
>>
>>8620953
I consider Fictions by Borges to be a fantasy book.
Give a read to one of the short stories, like The Lottery in Babylon, and if you like it get the book.
>>
>>8620953
oh boy, is that the cat that dislikes pancakes?
>>
Why the fuck are you looking for "useful reviews", goodreads is great for people who use it correctly. You genrefags are always the highest density of people who call things overrated.
>>
Science Fiction I enjoyed:

most stuff from Lem, inc. His Masters Voice, Eden
Vurt
Camp Concentration
The Book Of Strange New Things
Wasp
The Quantum Thief
The Demolished Man

Fantasy I enjoyed:

Little, Big
The Once And Future King
The Face In The Frost
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.