[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

READING ON WEED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: dude.jpg (351KB, 1118x610px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
351KB, 1118x610px
Anyone else ever do this?

i read book of the new sun while i was pretty baked the other day and everything was so vivid and thought-provoking. probably not the best idea if you're into speed reading or whatever but it made my mental image of the book so much more powerful.
>>
File: 1473461544340.jpg (76KB, 611x700px) Image search: [Google]
1473461544340.jpg
76KB, 611x700px
>>
>>8613216
No it didn't, it just made you miss the important things. The book is vivid enough as is and reading while baked is an obvious disservice to the great work it is.
>>
I usually can't focus on books when I'm high, but sometimes I'll take adderall and smoke a lil bit and read something - it's usually pretty cool with really imaginative/evocative stuff. And sativas tend to work a lot better. I was just reading some ligotti stoned the other day and it was pretty neato
>>
>>8613223

Square. I've read the series 4 times and it was only on my stoned run that the theological themes became really apparent and provocative.
>>
>>8613232
>take adderall and smoke a lil bit
why the combination? doesn't make any sense
>>
>>8613232
>ligotti
fuck yes, gotta try this.

>>8613223
eh, if you're reading to connect with the book on an academic level and seriously analyse it or whatever it's probably not too great but with something you've already read before it can turn the experience into something really pleasurable.

man the whole thing with dorcas and the river styx hit me so hard in my baked reading session, fuckin thinking about it now still gives me chills.
>>
>>8613246
How stupid are you to have to read it for the fourth time stoned to notice the obvious discussion on the Trinity, teleology, argument from motion, Catholic political theory... He's not even hiding it, he's openly paraphrasing Aquinas whenever he actually starts talking philosophy.
>>
>>8613248
not sure about reading but speed and weed is a mad combination.
>>
>>8613248
Nah it's pretty cool. It's just like being high except you can concentrate on shit without getting distracted every 2 minutes
>>
>>8613255

Those are allusions. I am talking about deep-structure thematics and meta-commentary, you dumb cunt.
>>
>>8613263
>>8613255
play nice kids.
>>
I find that it still makes me feel things - sometimes more strongly - but the next day I've usually internalized much less of it.
>>
>>8613263
Those aren't allusions, they are in fact the basic idea which upon the plot is built and all of these and more are discussed in detail.
>>
>>8613256
>>8613257
pretty sure they counteract eachother, though, but okay, what kind of dosage do you guys take?
>>
>>8613268

No, they are allusions. Echoes of parables. I am referring to the meditation on stroy-telling-as-religion and religion-as-story-telling that is the actual structuring idea of the series.
>>
since there are book of the new sun nerds itt

what the fuck is the deal with the gardens in Torturer?
>>
Whilst we're at it, anyone here tried reading whilst on psychs?
>>
>>8613270
>pretty sure they counteract eachother, though
kind of, but in an extremely pleasant way. it's not like the speed just erases the effects of the weed or anything.

basically you've got all the pleasant sensory and imaginative stuff from weed but you don't get couch/fridge locked and you've got absolutely no fucking idea what's going on. your mind becomes a fucking laser

i saw a weird bike race taking place on my wall right before i finally went to sleep and i had some of the best bantz of my life with my closest mate.

dose depends how strong the speed is really, but just do maybe 50 mg, smoke a mix, then see how you feel.

you can always have more if you need it.
>>
>>8613273
my dad said he read the last 300 pages of the name of the rose while on acid and it was an extremely powerful experience.
>>
Modernist literature is wonderful while on a good mental high.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.