[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DARIO FO IS DEAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 7

File: dario-fo.jpg (40KB, 338x425px) Image search: [Google]
dario-fo.jpg
40KB, 338x425px
NO JOKE

PEOPLE MODS STICKY
>>
>>8613033
checked. Now this thread will be stickied.
>>
>>8613049
mods = gods
>>
File: dario-fo.jpg (19KB, 558x320px) Image search: [Google]
dario-fo.jpg
19KB, 558x320px
Satire was born to pull the king's pants down
>>
speaking of sticky how do you remove a cum stain does anyone know
>>
Mods won't sticky this, they only sticky plebshit genregarbage that appeals to /v/edditors
>>
>>8613109
On what? You have to be specific. Just use the washing machine.
>>
literally who
>>
Translated tv adaptation for people who don't know languages or Nobel Prize winners
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqKfwC70YZI
>>
he was too politically incorrect
>>
>>8613138
Cuck
>>
File: dario-fo1.jpg (39KB, 350x404px) Image search: [Google]
dario-fo1.jpg
39KB, 350x404px
>>8613142
>>
>>8613107
Saliva works well, but only directly from the tongue.
>>
>>8613148
apt kek
>>
>NO JOKE
come now, anon, he had a couple jokes
>>
moooooods pls, you do it for free too, sticky for the antibourgeoisie
>>
Fuck, I'm Italian and I've never seen him live, I've realized only now what big of a chance I lost.

Why isn't this a sticky?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mhDFpMRmH0

Finally this clown is dead. It's a good day for italian lit.
>>
>>8613284
/lit/'s too young to remember Can't Pay, Won't Pay
>>
Bump for shitty Dylan
>>
>>8613393
Honestly they're probably too young to even have read the first Harry Potter book when it came out.
>>8613519
Meh. Bob Dylan is famous only because he wrote in English.
>>
>>8613555
>Honestly they're probably too young to even have read the first Harry Potter book when it came out.
>tfw hocked the original dumbledore cover aunt gave me before it became a thing because it was kids' stuff
Remembering poll tax made me feel old enough anon
>>
>>8613555
>famous only because
THIS
would have never won if he sang in any other language
>>
>Who won the Nobel this year?
>Bob Dylan, Mr. Fo.
>Ok bring me the kys. This world is a joke now.
>>
>>8613033
Just in time to Nobel comission give another joke prize.
>>
mods haven't stickied this and dylan won. the world is officially shit
>>
>>8613307
i'd call you a fascist scum but even fascists had better taste in lit than you
>>
MODS PLS STICKY
>>
Fuck you mods, giving Pratchett a sticky but not this beautiful man
>>
>>8613112
>Bob Dylan wins Nobel Prize
>/lit/ doesn't even know who Dario Fo is
>mods won't sticky death of Nobel winning playwright from when the Nobel wasn't shit
I want off this gay earth. Someone hand me the poison parrot.
>>
And they gave Eco a sticky. This board is a joke. No pun intended.
>>
yo mods educate yoselfs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s3ZjI3BGj4
>>
wew did the american censorship of him really hold so well that americunts don't know who he is? kek, that's like not knowing monty python
>>
mods pls sticky
>tfw Fo is probably having a wonderful time in hell because God sent him there to bother Boniface VIII
>tfw still living where Dylan just got a Nobel
>tfw it's all a cruel joke
I'm not going to believe any of you niggers read or understood Dante either any more
>>
BOB DYLAN KILLED DARIO FO
>>
BUMPING FOR GREAT JUSTICE
>>
>/lit/ confirmed for illiterate
Don't say Dario didn't warn you about this bullshit
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddYLYCOQBpo
>>
>/lit/ right now
>tfw no brazilian nun to kill me
>>
i bet dylan hasn't read brecht like dario. even marc bolan read brecht.
>>
>>8614130
FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

r.i.p. you beautiful bastard
p.s. your wife's pretty hot, i can see why the fascists raped her
>>
i know he already did an albino othello, but if you staged a production of the virtuous burglar with a black burglar right now, that shit would sellout faster than burlusconi
>>
>>8614396
both to /pol/ and sjws. both would be upset. it's perfect
>>
MODS PLZ
>>
>implying /lit/ knows shit about the arts
please they're happy dylan won because that's the best they can do
>>
goodnight, sweet subversive.
>>
Rip
>>
>>8613033
F
>>
Anyone else feel like an entire generation or two of great artists are suddenly dying?

This guy just died this week
>>
File: tmp_22991-wajda-camera459435238.jpg (247KB, 1586x793px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22991-wajda-camera459435238.jpg
247KB, 1586x793px
>>8615367
Whoops
>>
RIP
>>
What's terrible is that we lost basically the last jester in history... the greatest thing about him is that he recreated and made his own the medieval jester tradition that was lost since long ago. Yet Fo was a man of immense culture and understood exactly what this ancient job was... he was proud to be called a clown, that's what was so captivating about him. He'll be really missed
>>
>>8613968
Eco deserved one desu, but Fo does too...
>>
RIP Dario
>>
>>8615475
Yes, he was one of a kind and a man of great culture. He was also probably the only one able to convey that culture to a public that wide, I believe this aspect is the one that will be missed the most about his activity.
>>8615683
Meh, never understood the hype about Eco.

Fucking mods still won't sticky this shit. Why? For what fucking reason? This guy was one of the greatest classic actors and comedy writers alive.

This is truly embarrassing. Too worried about raising money, maybe.
>>
>>8616656
Eco is way more popular in american culture than Fo, even if Fo is featured in a Simpson episode kek.
Eco was more an ante litteram crtitique of pop culture, more multifaceted than Adorno. ALso, he wrote the Nome della Rosa book featuring Sean Connery so he is more famous in the US while Fo never wrote something this famous for the American public.
He is more famous in Europe though, that's why they gave him the Nobel.
I actually saw him live (i'm italian) when I was very young and I laughed for his grammelot.
he was also a great painter.
>>
>>8615475
>Fo was a man of immense culture

that's absolutely true because he knew the tradition of theatre, he knew the medieval roots of northern italy folk theatre, but he was also in the "new" scene of contemporary theatre.
He also started as a painter so he had this artistic vibe in his work.
Also I agree in the fact that he is more a great actor, a tru jester, than an author. he wrote great pieces btw but his onstage presence was overwhelming
>>
>>8616784
Fuck "american culture", this is the literature board, not a street in the US.
If anyone ever deserved a sticky, Dario Fo is that person.

I'm also Italian but I've never seen him live, unfortunately. I regret it.
>>
>>8616784
he's not famous in america because america censored him. they only get babby tier shit because people actually thinking would be dangerous to their culture
>>
bumping because mods won't sticky
>>
>>8616841
this is by far the stupidest thing i've read today. Fo never caught on in America because he wasn't sellable. Eco was. America is a business and if writers do not catch on upon initial translation, there is no further push to have them published or plays performed. capische?
>>
>>8616841
>albino othello
they censored him becasue he was a literal communist sympathizer during the 60s and 70s
>>
>>8617010
>America is a business
>writers do not catch on upon initial translation
>plays performed
Yeah, let's have someone other than Fo perform his plays.

There's no way and no reason to translate Fo's work, of course Burgers wouldn't know about him.
I expected better from people who say they read Dante in original.
>>
>>8616824
I know this feeling but I think the mods are americans so they acted like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFulQFw_qgA
>>
>>8617010
fo was literally banned from the US. fo was huge in the UK, and very sellable (you don't even need to sell him), the reason he's not popular in the US is because they shit themselves when they hear the word communist. and then bar you from entry to the country, which they didn't do with eco
>>
>>8617109
this is true.
Living Theatre were forced to long european tours because of troubles with US laws. It is totally plausible that Fo wan't welcome in the US in that period. this is true but, apart from that, maybe his style clicked more with European taste than American's, but I'm not even sure about it.
>>
>>8617045
it's the same thing that happens with Clockwork Orange having a different ending the US. burgers think Alex got cured because the US edition cut out the final chapter. can't have that pesky anarchism lurking around in people's minds or an actual exposé of a fascist state, so just don't publish it
>>
>>8613144
N-nigel?
>>
>>8617119
hell if you look up productions on youtube you can get a chinese version of the virtuous burglar easier than a US version of any of his plays including Can't Pay, Won't Pay or Accidental Death. best burgers have for Fo is Napalm Death made a song called Can't Pay, Won't Pay.

I think they pretty much only started debuting his stuff in amerifatland in the past decade, and that's in places like san francisco.
>>
Only read "Mother's marijuana is the best" because I'm a DUDE WEED LMAO.

Dario my nigga I'm blazin this for you.
>>
>>8617094
What the fuck happened to Luttazzi?

We need more shit in our lives.
>>
bumping for classic theatre
>>
RIP Dario
>>
commedia dell'arte dead again ;_;
>>
>>8616841
>>8617109
Burgerman here, can confirm I've never even heard of Fo before this. What's his deal, anarchic comedies?
>>
dario on front page reminding you all you don't know shit even though your heads are so far up your ass you ought to be able to smell something
>>
>>8617361
yeah, and revived traditional italian theatre, and got theatre and traditional songs back into popular culture through his tv show. trolled the vatican so much i'm surprised he didn't get killed. trolled the fascists so much they kidnapped his wife who was his comedy partner and raped and tortured her. saved factories with street theatre. generally an all round genius of social theatre.

set off a whole bunch of antiThatcher stuff in the UK too with productions like >>8613121 posted, and there were stickers everywhere when they tried poll taxing the public in the UK referring to his comedy Can't Pay/Won't Pay (the one where housewives start stealing from supermarkets and only paying what they can afford or think is right due to shortages in Italy similar to the UKs three day week etc)

banned from the US because they saw what he did to the catholic church and fascists and his most famous work (Accidental Death of an Anarchist) is about police murder and false confessions, so they obviously wanted none of that shit because, well, burgerland

watch the tv production anon posted up top (i think there's better versions of the same production online because that looks a bit drained in colour) and you'll probably see why you've never heard of him
>>
bampalamp
>>
>>8613033
For some reason that face reminds me of Hillary Clinton
>>
>>8613107
Wipe it up with more cum
>>
[[raspberries]]]
>>
>>8613121
>your grammar's a bit retarded that's all
instant meme
>>
>>8617157
He was banned from RAI, then he was banned from La7 too. Then people realized half his repertoire was adapted from American comedians (the other half was his own, and it was good, though)
>>
>>8618422
Who cares if he copies, if it's good I'll watch it. And he's good.
>>
>>8618422
>>8618430
I agree.
Also, he always said he did it to please the fans with a treasure hunt and to troll judges and critics who said to him "yours is not satire", to which he rebutted "It's not satire? well this is a Aristophanes/Hicks/Carlin routine, how can you say it0s not satire? " kek
also, in the interview I posted, Fo tells him a great lesson about satire, the difference between sfottò (taunting) which is reactionary and satire which is always against the power.
Fo "You know, Arlecchino used to throw shit at his audience"
Luttazzi "Well, this could be an idea, isn't it?"
topkek
>>
Thank goodness, another Communist (ex Fascist) dead, hopefully both he and his fecal teathre will be forgotten soon. A true serf of whoever was in charge at the moment, working to keep the masses entertained with meaningless satire instead of driving them to better themselves
>>
>>8618489
>this whole post.
>>
>>8618489
somebody's pissed off they weren't good enough to know who he was until he died. you'll be even more pissed off when you work out what a jester is. just to prepare you
>>
>>8613121
Very good stuff.
>>
>>8613033
>want to make a Bob Dylan joke
>four people already did it
goddammit.
>>
>>8617392
>i think there's better versions of the same production online because that looks a bit drained in colour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p10xejjf0pw
>>
File: javier.jpg (55KB, 582x551px) Image search: [Google]
javier.jpg
55KB, 582x551px
MODS on /lit/

>mfw
>>
>>8613033
>>8619534
brothers?
>>
File: HomerLaugh.gif (168KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
HomerLaugh.gif
168KB, 375x375px
>>8618500
>>8618570
>Being this butthurt.
Eat shit cultural marxists cock suckers.
>>
>>8619558
>Being this butthurt
>>
>>8619558
What is an unculturated mouthbreather like you doing on /lit/?
>>
Why are Italians so child-like?
>>
>>8619883
Why are Americans so ignorant?
>>
>>8619901
Ignorant about what?
>>
>>8620165
Nevermind, dearie.
>>
>>8620165
child-like in what way?

About Fo, for starters.
>>
>>8619883
We don't stop enjoying life at 14
>>
>>8619883
americans are young adults from age 12 to 68 and that's even worse
>>
>>8620400
Plebs.
>>
>>8621334
>wanting to be French
ew
>>
File: cantwait.jpg (40KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
cantwait.jpg
40KB, 225x350px
Bob Dylan when ?
>>
who's dario fo and what's he dun
>>
>>8613121
Why did the cop hit the other cop?
>>8621606
Playwright/stage director/actor. Wrote and performed farces and received the Nobel prize for literature in 1997.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.