[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favourite book from nietzsche? I have not read anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: imgres.jpg (4KB, 137x186px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
4KB, 137x186px
Your favourite book from nietzsche?
I have not read anything of his, where should i start?
>>
Beyond good and evil
>>
I'd go with Zarathustra, then BGaE.
>>
Poo in loo duck fuck cunt cunt cunt cunt fucker shit cunt bigger bigger and ehhhhhh
>>
>>8611370
Glad someone else here listens to Death Grips
>>
>>8610712
anti-education
>>
>>8611367

Horrendous idea. Starting with Zarathustra is the worst mistake you can make
>>
>>8611438
from a philosophy standpoint, sure, but it's the only one you should read if you're going into it for his amazing prose.
>>
>>8611449
The Gay Science is pretty good for that too, and then you get the poems. Surprisingly good even after being translated.
>>
On the Genealogy of Morality is an okay introduction to Nietzche.
>>
I think I enjoyed Ecce Homo the most.
>>
I haven't read Z. In a long time. I'm reading Human, all too human, right now and it's great. It makes me think egoists who claim N. Are morons. I think my best experience with Nietzsche was reading was Philosophy in the Tragic age of the Greeks. Only a handful of nonfiction books have blown my mind like that one.
>>
>>8610712
Try Twilight of the Idols. It's a quite easy start for Nietzsche.
>>8611438
This. Zarathustra is one of his most abrasive work.
>>
I started out with Human All Too Human and I had to stop in the middle because it was too much for me to take it all at once. It's great.
>>
Nietzsche's for edgy shitheads
>>
>>8610712
I have been reading Nietzsche for all my life... I have translated Zarathustra into my native language. Still I conclude that Human, all too human is the ultimate Nietzsche book for me. Surely, you can find better style and more beautiful prose before (The Birth of Tragedy, some of the Untimely meditations), and later, starting with Zarathustra until the end. But if you want the rational, not biased Nietzsche, then you have to go for this one. The influence of Ree and his "Psychologische Beobachtungen" is obvious, but the great tradition of the French moralists with Nietzsche's love for ancient Greece makes this a superb philosophical masterpiece. And again, in the sense of Nietzsche, no system building either but a fragmentary book which handles many questions quite satisfactory.
>>
>>8610712
With the Greeks
>>
>>8612536
I actually started with Zarathustra, I finished it with no doubts. I wouldn't recommend it, but nothing harmful in it as long as you read slowly and carefully. The prose is abstract and difficult to understand if you are unfamiliar with Nietzsche's philosophy, but it is doable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.