[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most /lit/ magazines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: bloom.png (2MB, 1436x942px) Image search: [Google]
bloom.png
2MB, 1436x942px
I've lost interest in reading The Economist since my degree is almost finished and I barely read the columns anymore.

What magazines are you subscribed to? Should I try The Paris Review?
>>
>>8610026
You're just going to end up shitposting on econjobrumors aren't you.
>>
>>8610035
I love economics but fuck pursuing a career in it. I don't want to work an unfulfilling government job crunching numbers.

The only good econ careers are academia or top-tier consulting.
>>
>>8610026

*snickering Marxistly* try Jacobin
>>
>>8610026
>>8610026
I know it's not exactly /lit/ but how is "Foreign Policy" when it comes to current political events? Does anyone know?
>>
>>8610055
Inforwars.com my friend.
>>
>>8610051
This magazine is cancer. 100% ideology.
>>
>>8610197
>he doesn't resist pokemon go
>>
>>8610026
I'm only subscribed to Lapham's Quarterly.
>>
>>8610064
I suppose that's a no
>>
>>8610026
The short stories in The Paris Review are usualy good. The interviews are often at least interesting. I'm not such a fan of poetry so I usualy just skim it. The "portfolios" that are often included in the magazine generally do nothing for me and seem like a waste of space.

I'd recomend that you check out Tin House too. The stories are also good, and a much higher proportion of the magazine is dedicated to fiction so you get more stories per issue. I believe the subscription is less expensive too.
>>
The New Criterion is the correct answer.
>>
>>8610026
Highlights
>>
The Times Literary Supplement is p good. If you read French, then la nouvelle revue d'histoire is good counter-ideology.
>>
File: 1412288895037.png (2MB, 1805x2730px) Image search: [Google]
1412288895037.png
2MB, 1805x2730px
>>8610026
+foreign policy
NOT foreign affairs
>>
File: davidfosterwallace-998x814.jpg (106KB, 998x814px) Image search: [Google]
davidfosterwallace-998x814.jpg
106KB, 998x814px
>>8611276
nvm, the other way around
>>
File: make it stop.gif (746KB, 499x350px) Image search: [Google]
make it stop.gif
746KB, 499x350px
>>8611276

>God tier if your a marxist
>if your a marxist
>your a marxist
>your
>a
>marxist
>your
>a
>marxist
>YOUR
>A
>MARXIST
>>
>>8611293

Yeah, what did you expect from subhuman retards? As you may have already figured out, the entire "guide" is terrible.
>>
>>8611276

kys
>>
>>8610026
http://isreview.org/issue/102
>>
>>8611316

lol this shit is funny, these people are actually this stupid
>>
Is the point of subscribing to get a physical copy? I can read the articles for free online so the only benefit I can see to subscribing is to support the magazine and to read something while shitting.
>>
new criterion
>>
>>8610197
>100% ideology.

As if they aren't all.

I know, I know, there's ideology and your own "objective" opinions, we've all been there, kiddo.
>>
Why the hate for Foreign Affairs?
>>
>>8610055
It's fine, Foreign Affairs is better tho.
>>
>>8610026
Only one I can feel motivated to read cover to cover is n+1, something about their writing is super engaging, complex, and tight. I don't agree with lots of their conclusions and their arrogant attitude pisses me off now and again, but still highly recommended.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.