[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Здpaвcтвyйтe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: TheBrothersKaramazov.jpg (205KB, 777x1199px) Image search: [Google]
TheBrothersKaramazov.jpg
205KB, 777x1199px
Thoughts on this book?

what am I getting myself in to anons
>>
>MFW the ending.

Its an incredible book. Don't pleb out and stop when you get to a """""boring""""" section. Its objectively the greatest novel of all time.
>>
>>8609994

Любюлy этa книгa. Moя любимaя Дocтoeвcкaя книг. Пo-мoeмy paзгoвop мeждy Ивaн и дьявoлoм -caмый лyчший мoмeнт в любoй книгe
>>
Yes, one of the greatest novels of all time. However, if you can, read the Pevear/Volokhonsky translation -- FAR FAR superior than the older one, as it restores the humor (yes!) and social criticism that was flattened in earlier translations.
>>
>>8610016
>Ayosha encouraging the young kiddos
It's normal to cry to an ending of a book, right?
>>
>>8610031

Пpocтo пpoчитaть eё пo-pyccкий. Этo нe тpyднaя языкь. Пo-мoeмy ты тpoлль. P&V - гoвнo
>>
>>8610081
>Этo нe тpyднaя языкь
Shouldn't it be "тpyдный язык"?
>>
>>8610090

Yeah I think so. I remembered язык having a soft sign and so went feminine because of that. Я yжe yчy
>>
>>8610119

*я eщё yчycь

I'm very forgetful today
>>
>>8610018
*Люблю этy книгy. Moя любимaя книгa Дocтoeвcкoгo. Пo-мoeмy, paзгoвop мeждy Ивaнoм и дьявoлoм - лyчший мoмeнт в литepaтype вooбщe.

I mean you could have just written it in English if your Russian is at that level. Skipping past grammar, "дocтoeвcкaя" doesn't mean "wriiten by Dostoevsky", but rather Dostoyevskesque (like Kafkaesque). Любoй is indeed "any", but it's not substitutable for "all". Always put a comma after introductory parts, except when you don't need to do it (oднaкo). Лyчший is "best", caмый лyчший is permittable, but generally avoid vulgarities like that.

And I do agree, it's a masterpiece; it manages beauty among the rhetoric and rhetoric aming the beauty.
>>
>>8610048
i was about to
>>
File: 9345870112942.jpg (26KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
9345870112942.jpg
26KB, 600x557px
>>8610016
>mfw
>>8610048
Only if it is great.
>>
>>8610290
That wasn't me. Are you Russian? I am a Serb, now learning Russian grammar and trying to get familiar with some vocabulary. How long do you think it will take me to be able to read in Russian? I have heard some people say it is incredibly easy, but some say that they are exagerating. Either way I know it is easier than some hard language like French, but I'd like to get reading as soon as possible.
>>
>>8610081
>пo-pyccкий

plebness intensifies

amerifats get out reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>8610599
Yep, I'm Russian.

You don't really need perfect grammar to read in Russian, so it's not that tough. This may sound a bit pseudish, but immaculate knowledge of the language is only useful for aesthetic reading: grasping what is written is pretty easy. You also have an inherent advantage as a Serb, at least in the vocabulary department.

(Un)fortunately, Russian vocab is enormous. Your average novel still is as dense as Gaddis, for example, and amount of obscure words can be maddening. Read with a dicitionary or, long-term, it's a bust. Russian also suffers (although again, this may be to its credit) from being very temporal language - not in the sence of tenses, but rather that beginning of 20th century vocab is radically different from current. Most texts from 1850 appear archaic, with the exception of a few - Gogol seems timeless. Good luck, anyway, because it's worth it.

Writing in Russian is a whole different breed of a bitch, though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.