[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writer's Place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: the-writer-10.jpg (135KB, 1128x747px) Image search: [Google]
the-writer-10.jpg
135KB, 1128x747px
Do you guys write? If so, is there a specific place/conditions you like to do it? Do you need silence/to be all alone, to be inspired? I'm not a writer but I am in the situation of writing something, and I've had previous experiences of people reading my stuff (basically bad poetry). It was definitely no fun, because I try to write as honestly as possible and I think if I start to think what other people will think about me I won't be as true as I want. It is not as I never want anyone to read my stuff but definitely not as a sketch coz they'll call me a weirdo or could want to confrontate me. I write to free myself not to get in trouble, if I feel I'm being observed I'll start to censor myself and change my behaviour just like a particle when observed. The fact is I share my room, and lately even the night has been stolen from me as I'm not comfy alone anymore. I've tried to write in libraries (inb4 public writing meme), but the doorman keeps giving me an strange look as don't go there "to study" for some reason they think the libraries are just for students and not every and any person interested o
In Literature. Well, sorry for the novel, bad english and feels.
>>
File: talking8.gif (119KB, 280x163px) Image search: [Google]
talking8.gif
119KB, 280x163px
>>
Depends on what I'm writing. If it's academic such as an essay or paper then I'll most likely go to the library.

If it's creative fiction/prose anywhere alone, or without people that will talk too much to me or distract me. Library, cafe, bedroom, study.

With poetry I like to be outside or alone at night.
>>
>>8609665
I prefer total isolation and to create my own distractions when I write. The trouble is that I am a horrendously SLOW writer...so I need a location with time on my side. Time I can kill slowly.

Admittedly, I need to write more.
>>
>>8609665
It has to be completely dark outside. i dont know why, i just can't write with any light, even in my room. Just the tv screen on (so i can grab a glass of water sitting next to me without spilling it) and the laptop screen obviously. on my bed usually but sometimes on my desk.
i write well into the night. around 2 or sometimes 3.
cant on weekdays. nagging feeling in the back of my mind that i need to sleep to get up the next day. dont get that on the weekends.
>>8609791
im also a slow writer. takes me like 2 hours to write a good 3 pages.
>>
>>8609665
>>8609725
I know the cafe thing is a meme, but they're legitimately good places to write if they have enough space, comfortable seating, will let you sit there all day after buying one drink, and have a restroom.
>>
I mostly lie down and write in my bed before I sleep. I haven't transferred anything to digital or by typewriter yet, and I honestly doubt I ever will because it'll be shit.

I've been trying to clean off this little table I have to set up my laptop and some writing stuff and use it as a writer's desk but I'm lazy as fuck.
>>
I need structure to write.

I wake up every morning at 6AM, make coffee, go pee, then I sit and write. Always this rutine, always the same music.

I write until I hit 500 words, or until my girlfriend wakes up.
>>
I can only write from 9:07 PM to 9:14 PM when there is an eclipse.
>>
I need to be alone to write and it needs to be night. My preferred time is from 12am to 5am. At this time i feel alive and my mind races with ideas and prose that isnt total shit.

Outside of this period i get writers block. And because of work i cannot always stay awake until dawn. So as a result i cannot always write much. I have a few short tales im proud of but donr know where to publish or post.
>>
How do you guys discipline yourself?
>>
>>8610815

Stop aiming for ideal conditions and do it. If most people waited until they "feeeel" like it then there'd be a lot more lazy losers
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.