[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the works of Kafka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 15463016326_1dae86019c_z[1].jpg (25KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
15463016326_1dae86019c_z[1].jpg
25KB, 640x426px
What do you think of the works of Kafka
>>
2deep4u pleb bullshit
>>
>>8609722
kys
>>
>>8609722
how the fuck is kafka 2deep4u

literally easy to understand
>>
>>8609726
>>8609728
triggered plebs

b2/r/pseudo
>>
>>8609731
why are you doing this
>>
>>8609740
because you have shit taste
>>
>>8609746
i think its fair to say that kafka is the premier source of kafkaesque literature

if you think thats pleb then i can only assume that you are infact a pleb

fuck you
>>
My favorite author of all time. One of the few on this board who 99% of people won't judge you for liking.
>>
>>8609731
kys
>>
>>8609728
Untrue.
>>
His diaries and letters are better than his novels.
>>
Kafka is in my top 10 favorite authors for sure.
>>
>>8609728
"It (The Castle) abides as the most enigmatic major novel of our century." - Harold Bloom
>>
>>8609663
I read metamorphosis and I'm still trying to figure it out... at least having my own interpretation but it's bizarre.
>>
File: image.jpg (251KB, 550x1544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251KB, 550x1544px
>>8609663
I think he has two sides

The nicest person you'll ever meet...
>>
>>8610974
Bloom is the ultimate hack
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 472x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 472x700px
>>8610990
And TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATH
>>
>>8610997
Ok, let me hear your interpretation of The Castle, I'm waiting.
>>
>>8611009
>Muh spiritual awakening, muh gnostic secrets
Shut the fuck up, Kafka was just a disturbed boy interested in Jewish mysticism.
>>
>>8610975
he was a burden on his family. think death of ivan ilych, but instead of an old man, you're a young one, all the contempt of your family transforming and twisting you into what you would expect yourself to look like if their manifested disgust were attributable to your phyisical form instead of just being an aspect of your societal failures. or some shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 655x526px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 655x526px
>>8609663
CRAAAAWLIIING IIIIN MY SKIIIIIN
>>
>>8611017
>>Muh spiritual awakening, muh gnostic secrets
is that what Bloom's criticism centers around? kek
I didn't even read it, it's just stupid to say that Kafka is easy to understand.
>>
>>8611034
I just said Bloom was a hack. Kafka leaves a lot ambiguous on purpose in my opinion, often he just transports the reader into this surreal states of alienation and you can more or less fill in the blanks yourself. But of course Bloom has to misunderstand everything and think Kafka was trying to make the leap of faith or some shit.
>>
>>8611055
I agree, a lot is left ambiguous. He almost never mentions cities or countries by name for example. When Frieda says that they should go to southern France or Italy it's almost jarring, because you forget the book is set in the real world, not some dream. Still, his work begs to be interpreted, precisely because of the ambiguity.
>>
>>8611020
Hmm interesting take on it... I'll think on this, thanks.
>>
>>8611078
Yes, I agree with you and I love Kafka, just think that Bloom is so concerned with appearing superior that he completely misses the mark on most books
>>
>>8611109
I never read any of it (Bloom's stuff), just came across the quote when looking up secondary literature on The Castle. Do you read Kafka in German?
>>
>>8611124
I'm German, so of course. His prose is absolutely stunning. He had an insane grasp of the language especially for someone who didn't even live in Germany for most of his life. It's interesting because his style is the absolute opposite to what went on in German literature at the time - Musil, Hauptmann, Thomas Mann are worlds apart.
>>
>>8611137
I have yet to read any of those authors, really wanna read some Mann though. Also, Kafka grew up speaking German, I believe. It was his primary language and he couldn't speak Czech as well.
>>
>>8611156
I think that reading Mann can give you a good idea about the mentality of the German upper class before the war - he's an imaginative narrator and a brilliant stylist but people dislike him because they call him a "bourgeoise Spießer" and just dismiss most stuff from that period as old-fashioned and too apolitical. Brecht brought more bad than good to German literature in that regard.
>>
>>8611174
I'm reading Woolf right now so I'm ready for another bourgeois Spießer. Wäre Der Tod in Venedig eine gute Einführung?
>>
>>8611182
Ja oder halt gleich Der Zauberberg, ist eine Großaufgabe aber nur noch ironisch-spießig.
>>
>>8611190
Naja, ich les erst mal Tod in Venedig, will mich grad nicht auf so eine großes Werk einlassen. Danke.
>>
>>8609750
Quality post.
>>
File: uNz3YBzw8ZY.jpg (512KB, 1232x1024px) Image search: [Google]
uNz3YBzw8ZY.jpg
512KB, 1232x1024px
>>8609663
Nice view of world thought inferior filters.
>>
>>8609663
>>8609663
Can anyone please recommend me a good English or Dutch translation of Kafka? I've yet to come across a translation that has made me enjoy the writing of Kafka.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.