[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do readers enjoy reading fiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: PAE.png (38KB, 1102x256px) Image search: [Google]
PAE.png
38KB, 1102x256px
There is another thread on this but I feel many persons have missed key information provided by the OP in answering his question.

There are many readers on this board who very much 'read" in that they do enjoy technical or non-fiction books, be it on politics, philosophy, economics, history and so on (I myself thoroughly enjoy reading philosophy).

However, we cannot find much fun in reading fiction, so, how do we start down that road?

Personally, I don't feel as stimulated when reading fiction as I do, say, philosophy, is there anyway for me to ease into fiction?

Are there any fiction books you can suggest with deeply philosophical themes? Perhaps something along the lines of Camus?

Pic semi related: "post autistic economics" was an actual category of economic thought to describe economics that drifted away from its modern, mathematical and extremely technical/theoretical roots (the category was previously commonly used but the name has recently been changed for obvious reasons).
Some explain the etymology of the term in a way that suggests it does not meant to bare the politically incorrect connotations it does, but I think the term was coined with those exact implications in mind, to some degree.
>>
>>8609283
>Are there any fiction books you can suggest with deeply philosophical themes?

All of them. You just have to look and think.
>>
>>8609283

You realize that shit like Moby Dick, The Brothers Karamazov and most other classics -- which deals extensively with typically philosophy and religion -- are fiction, right?
>>
>>8609283
Yeah, >>8610240 is right about how many books are fiction. Were you referring to a certain subgenre of fiction?
>>
Your life sounds really fucked up bro
>>
>>8610259
A lot of people I know only enjoy philosophy (non-fictional philosophy you could say, most conventional philosophers known in academia usually put forward their points outside the framework of fiction, directly addressing the audience) and other non-fiction exclusively.

Of course that is not "normal" but I don't see it being unusual enough to warrant it being "fucked up". Naturally you're not going to find many people like me in literature departments but if you look at STEM/Philosophy/Economics students, many would share these same preferences.
>>
>>8609283

Why does OP type like a complete fucking faggot. Like holy shit, his faggotry is off the charts.

Is that what not reading fiction does? Turn you into a gigantic fag?
>>
wait, is this supposed to be a serious bait-heavy version of the ">tfw too intelligent for fiction" threads?

is that what OP meant by "There is another thread on this but I feel many persons have missed key information provided by the OP in answering his question."
>>
>>8609283
>Are there any fiction books you can suggest with deeply philosophical themes?

In fiction philosophical themes get blurred with thematic elements. I'm a slow reader but Dostoevsky and Camus are the best examples of explicit philosophy in their fiction.

You could also include books with a more political element; Rand, Steinbeck, Orwell, Sinclair.
>>
>>8609283
Philosophy and history are all lies

Fiction is the truth
>>
>>8609283
camus is a fucking hack, read dostoyevsky
i used to read non-fiction but i cant handle reallity anymore, it was turning me into a bad person, so i only read fiction and engage in non-drug induced escapism now
the last thing i would like to read is politics related stuff, i come from a really political family and i realized unless you actually want be a politician or an activist, is a complete waste of time and poison to the soul
>>
>>8610812
Not that guy, but your life sounds pretty fucked up bro.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.