[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Opinions?
>>
american classic
>>
top comfy
>>
>>8609090
ELLIOT WROTE AN ESSAY ON IT, IF YOU'VE JUST FINISHED THE BOOK. CHECK IT OUT VIA GOOGLE.

GOOD NIGHT
>>
>>8609090
The word "nigger" appears 219 times.
>>
>>8609331
I literally gagged everytime I read it.

I can't imagine how horrible it must be for people of coloured being forced to read it.
>>
Is twain worth reading? I saw a nice hardcover leather book with 6 of his stories including Buckberry finn aswell as Tom Sawyer for like $40
>>
>>8609410
It's apart of history. It's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>8609112
This desu
>>
File: Gobacktotumbrl.gif (2MB, 243x316px) Image search: [Google]
Gobacktotumbrl.gif
2MB, 243x316px
>>8609410

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>8609438
Wow way to totally accept the ill treatment of other PEOPLE.

"It's history!!"
>>
>>8609451
What is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>8609459

Why call them "people of coloured" ? Why not just call them black people like everyone else does? I've never heard anyone use the painstaking euphemisms that I see people use on reddit or tumblr in real life.
>>
>>8609452
I'm not accepting the ill treatment of other people, I'm saying that in the past in America, especially the South, people called colored persons that.
I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it happened. And the story is trying to point that out.
>>
>>8609090

Our current political climate is far too dominated by nigger culture/muh racism for this book to be interesting anymore. Tom Sawyer is way better.
>>
>>8609090

Nietzsche really liked Mark Twain and this book in particular, surprisingly.

It's weird to think that imperial Germany/Prussia was around at about the same time as 'modern' (relatively speaking) America. Not sure if that's to his credit, however - Twain always seemed a little overrated.
>>
>>8609496
>>8609484
Wow what a waste of breath.

Think about what you have said!
>>
>>8609410
I say the word Nigger at least once a day. I'm a white male in the south who will probably get called racist for it.
While blacks down here use Nigger in every sentence whenever they are talking to each other but they its O.K. for them to use it.
It's a word, words are merely a hodgepodge of moans and groans that we decided meant something. Its funny, the people who get most offended by Nigger are whites from the north and east coast. While if you walk up to an older black man, say 40 something, you can say "Morning Nigger!" and he'll politely smile back and tip his hat or return a hello. However, its easier just to say hello, which I do. It is how you use the word that really matters. Yes you can use in derogatory context too, BUT understand this
Nigger in the south doesn't necessarily mean black anymore. It can mean black, white, mexican, asian, etc. etc. Though a lot of blacks do characterize its new meaning which is:
a useless leech on society. One of those fools you see walking with his pants below his knees, rolling smoke, and spitting an abused and tortured form of english. "Wuts up muh nigga? Just keepn' it real out here, ju nuh wut em sayn'? Ye i no wut ju mean, keepn it 100 100."
literally lost a few brain cells writing that. I hear that all day, every day, whether I'm working, at the university, or out in town.

So, get over yourself. Nigger is a word that will never go away. Its so entrenched in history and is so prevalent today, being used by all parties.
It is a word.
>>
>>8609575
Go back to your safe space /pol/
>>
>>8609484
why do you care. are you so scared of hurting someone's feelings that you dance around certain words? you let what you think other perceive as wrong to dictate whether you or someone else can say "coloured, spade, black, brown, nigger, coon, porch monkey"?
Who gives a shit, mexicans are called wetback, spics, dirty, etc. all day every day but noone mutters a word about them?
Or asians, as yellow, zipperheads, fu man chus, etc.
Caucasians as whites, crackers, whitebois, gringos, whitedevil

who gives a flying fuck, don't let it hurt your feelings like a 4 year old hearing his first curse word.
>>
>>8609090
Turns to shit as soon as Tom Saywer joins them. Pretend it ends before that and it's great.
>>
>>8609090
dadcore
>>
>>8609410
>people actually fall for this
>>
>>8609331
Zora Neal Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God has a ton of Nigger drops in it and she blacker than black. aint no thang.
>>
>>8609947
you're deluded. There are plenty of black, hispanic, and other ethnicities that find Nigger offensive. I understand why. dont really care for using it and I agree that it's a word and it can be said by any one, but be prepared to deal with consequences.
>>
>>8609090
the be all end all of american lit desu
>>
Hated it in high school. I don't know why they forced us to read Twain's shittiest book. It was a while ago though, maybe I should read it again..
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.